The Diesel Stop banner

Primary water pump failure

1K views 8 replies 4 participants last post by  Jesse C110700 
#1 ·
I'm back to bounce a few questions off the experts.

I have a 2011 F250 6.7 Turbo Diesel SRW Super Crew. The temp got up to 235 and I pulled over on the Hwy. Had the truck towed home. Lost all the coolant via the primary water pump failure. I'm trying to do the repairs myself but I can't find the proper tools to pull the clutch fan off. I've tried OReily's, Autozone, Napa and two truck shops that want to repair it for me.

It does appear to be a pretty intense job. Lots of parts need to come off. Any ideas on where I can find the tools to use? Even my CHILTON manual has pictures of the "special tools" but no details on what to purchase. The fan clutch nut appears to be about 2". I need something like a spanner wrench to hold the clutch in place. Without blindly buying tool kits in search of the right one, I'm at a loss.

Any suggestions, tips, tricks, or ideas.......please fire away.

And, again, thanks for the help. I love my truck but owning a diesel is expensive.

#2 ·
#3 ·
#4 ·
#6 ·
Oreilly's has the fan clutch tool set around here. You put up the value as deposit and there is no charge for the use. They don't require buying the part from them.

#9 ·
Update! I got my 6.7 back up and running. Swapped out the water pump (bearing was gone) and fresh antifreeze (almost as much $$ as the pump). Had to by a very large Crescent Wrench and Radiator pressure test kit from Harbor Freight and a Variable Pin spanner wrench (OTC 6613) off Amazon for $70.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.