Service Advance track and other strange things - Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com
6.7L Power Stroke Engine and Drivetrain Discussion of the 6.7L Power Stroke diesel engine and drivetrain in the 2011-Up Super Duty trucks. No gas engine discussion allowed except on transmissions and drivetrain that pertain to all models. Please confine discussion of topics in this forum to those items that are specific to the 6.7L Power Stroke engine.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-13-2019, 01:29 PM Thread Starter

My Photos: (0)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Service Advance track and other strange things

I used the remote to unlock the truck. since then the headlights and running lights ( i believe it to be the daytime running lights ) will not turn off. Service advance track light is on, No wiper or turn signals ( wipers work in high speed only ) no head light controls ( cannot turn them on or off or use High or low beams. I have the SCCM disconnected and the head light switch removed. The lights will still not turn off. The fog light indicator light is on next to the headlight switch, but the fog lights are not on. I have checked ever fuse, but am out of ideas to try. The connector above the parking break has been removed and inspected and reconnected. Scan shows U0212 for several modules. Where do I start here? I am willing to turn this thing upside down to figure this out. Right now I have to disconnect the batteries so the lights dont run them dead.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-13-2019, 02:04 PM Thread Starter

Are the headlights controlled by the PCM?
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-13-2019, 04:08 PM

U0212 Lost Communication With Steering Column Control Module: No Sub Type Information

Larry

2015 F350 Ultra Lariat 6.7L CCLB DRW 3.73 Limited Slip, Green Gem Metallic w/ Caribou accent, Camper Package, Titan 65gal tank, Rapid Heat, Block Heater, Upfitter Switches, Dual Alternators, Camper Package, Cable Lock, Husky Floor Liners, Spray in Bedliner, 5th Wheel Prep, 25K 5th Wheel Hitch, Ford Goose Neck Hitch.

Traded 2011 F350 XLT CCLB SRW 6.2L gasser 6,000 miles for 2015

Sold 1996 F350 XLT CCLB DRW 7.3L 208,000 miles

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-13-2019, 06:46 PM Thread Starter

There is sub info. Just about every module that communicates with the SCCM shows that code. My big concern is why will the head lights not shut off. The only way I can get them to shut off with the battery connected is to disconnect the BCM. I dont know much about the Body control module and if it could be the culprit. I have a new SCCM coming this week but have my doubts if it will fix the problems.
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-13-2019, 08:34 PM

check these and see if any help

Larry

2015 F350 Ultra Lariat 6.7L CCLB DRW 3.73 Limited Slip, Green Gem Metallic w/ Caribou accent, Camper Package, Titan 65gal tank, Rapid Heat, Block Heater, Upfitter Switches, Dual Alternators, Camper Package, Cable Lock, Husky Floor Liners, Spray in Bedliner, 5th Wheel Prep, 25K 5th Wheel Hitch, Ford Goose Neck Hitch.

Traded 2011 F350 XLT CCLB SRW 6.2L gasser 6,000 miles for 2015

Sold 1996 F350 XLT CCLB DRW 7.3L 208,000 miles

Last edited by larrgh; 02-26-2019 at 07:45 PM.
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-13-2019, 08:53 PM Thread Starter

Awesome. Thank you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by larrgh View Post
check these and see if any help
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-13-2019, 09:06 PM Thread Starter

Curious thing when looking at the second diagram. I noticed a few weeks ago that it would loose the GPS signal in area's where it shouldn't. constantly getting signal and loosing it. I really didn't think anything of it. The truck had been sitting about 2 weeks and I drove it across town without incident the night it started giving me problems. Me letting it sit for long periods of time probably isnt helping. I am wondering if that SBP29 Gray-red wire may be the culprit. the other systems on that wire could be part of the problem, but the description is kind of vague. Thank you again and I will get out there looking again tomorrow.
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-15-2019, 07:41 PM Thread Starter

Thanks for the help

Just a follow up. I did not replace any parts, but the problem is fixed. For some reason when I disconnected the Ground from the battery to a 500 amp relay I have, all the problems went away and its back to normal. The relay on or off didnt make a difference, just disconnecting the ground. I am going to add a grounding block and a few ground straps to the truck and hook the Relay back up this weekend. I must have a poor chassis ground somewhere on the truck.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com > 2011 - 2016 Ford Super Duties > 6.7L Power Stroke Engine and Drivetrain

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in