Ford ESP Extended Service - Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com
1999-2007 Ordering Information Discussion of ordering and status of an order of a Super Duty truck. All engine types allowed.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 11-30-2007, 03:49 AM Thread Starter

My Photos: (0)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Ford ESP Extended Service

I've had Ford's ESP Service Plans on all my trucks through the years. I still cringe every time I have to pay for one. This time, my dealer is quoting me $2,695.00 for their 500+ PremiumCare ESP for 5 years/100,000 miles, which basically covers everything but wear items. Iím not interested in extending coverage beyond this time frame and mileage, my objective was just to get me through the diesel drivetrain warranty.

Is this a typical cost for this type of coverage? [img]/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/confused.gif[/img] I donít mind the dealer making a little money on the deal, but this seems high for an warranty that doesn't cover the diesel drivetrain (already covered by Ford).

NEW - 2008 F350 Lariat, CC, 6.4PSD, 4x4, SRW, SB, 2-tone Black Clearcoat w/Pueblo Gold accent, Nav, DVD, Camera. The only thing I didn't order was a stearing wheel, but Ford threw it in for free
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
. Delivered: Jan 19, 2008.
TOWING - 2006 Montana Mountaineer 5er, 319BHD, 12140 GVWR
SOLD - 2004 F250 Sport CC SB 6.0 4x2 SRW, other than the turbo outlet hose blowing off at 60mph while pulling 5er, never a complaint. Did have to peel myself off headliner while navigating to a full and complete stop. Fond memories!
PreSuper Duties - 4 F150s (work a-haulers), 1 Silverado (yeah, yeah, I know) & 1 Plymouth Arrow (everyone's gotta start somewhere)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 11-30-2007, 08:27 AM

Re: Ford ESP Extended Service

I have heard other owners being quoted prices down to $1900.00 and even lower. You may want to shop around a bit, seems dealer sets the price, I read that dealer cost for this is somewhere around $1,200.00 so somebody might be really trying to soak you.

2008 F-450 Lariat Dark Stone Metallic over Pueblo Gold 4x4(manual shift transfer case, manual hubs), High capacity tow 4:88s, Off Road, Camper packages, Sirius Sat, Upfitter switches, DVD entertainment, tailgate step, traction control, Audiophile 6-disc, PTC Supplemental heat and heated seats(warm buns), rear sensors, traction control, tailgate step. Built May 8, delivered May 24
Reese Signature Series 24k fiver hitch, I installed it myself, best hitch I have found yet
Line-X bedliner, heavy duty floor mats
2003 Sunline F281SR(weekend getaways)
Sea Ray 240 Sundeck

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 11-30-2007, 08:40 AM
Lifetime Supporting Member

My Photos: (45)

Ford has several ESP packages at varying coverage and prices. Dealers "deal" on those packages the same way they deal on the price of a new vehicle.

Call my dealer and ask for a quote on your exact pkg. I'll bet he'll beat your dealer's price by a lot. Dozens of members of TheDieselStop have bought their ESP packages from my dealer because he has such good prices. He doesn't try to get rich on one sale. e-mail [email protected] , or phone 800-953-3321 and ask for Danny Ireton. Danny is the dealer himself, so you won't be talking to a flunky. But he's down-home folks that will shoot the bull with you - unless the fire department sirene goes off. He's a volunteer fireman in the little town of Stanton, so sometimes he has to hang up and run. [img]/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif[/img]

My Sierra Blanca (Spanish for White Mountain) in the sig pic was a great pickup for 11.5 years. I sold it several years ago. I drove a hand-me-down 2003 F-150 SuperCrew 4.6L 2V for a while, but it was unacceptable for towing more than a rowboat. Replacement is a 2012 F-150 EcoBoost SuperCrew Lariat that tows my 5,000-pound TT like a dream. Replaced the 2012 with a 2019 F-150 3.5L EcoBoost with max tow.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 11-30-2007, 05:54 PM Thread Starter

Thanks again Smokey, I will do exactly that!!!

NEW - 2008 F350 Lariat, CC, 6.4PSD, 4x4, SRW, SB, 2-tone Black Clearcoat w/Pueblo Gold accent, Nav, DVD, Camera. The only thing I didn't order was a stearing wheel, but Ford threw it in for free
. Delivered: Jan 19, 2008.
TOWING - 2006 Montana Mountaineer 5er, 319BHD, 12140 GVWR
SOLD - 2004 F250 Sport CC SB 6.0 4x2 SRW, other than the turbo outlet hose blowing off at 60mph while pulling 5er, never a complaint. Did have to peel myself off headliner while navigating to a full and complete stop. Fond memories!
PreSuper Duties - 4 F150s (work a-haulers), 1 Silverado (yeah, yeah, I know) & 1 Plymouth Arrow (everyone's gotta start somewhere)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com > 1999-2007 Ford Super Duties > 1999-2007 Ordering Information

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in