Idle Controls on National Backorder! - Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com
1999-2007 Ordering Information Discussion of ordering and status of an order of a Super Duty truck. All engine types allowed.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 01-07-2000, 06:49 PM Thread Starter

My Photos: (0)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Idle Controls on National Backorder!

I still had not seen mine (ordered with truck), so I called the dealer today. It seems that they were having some type of problem with them and are trying to fix them or something....anyway, they are on backorder nationwide until at least the end of the month according to my sources.
If anyone knows any more, please let me know,
RJ

------------------
'00 F350, 4x4,cc,psd,lariat,6sp,3.73ls,trailer,camper,off road,aux idle
cntrl(not Yet!),cd,hitch,prv glass.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 01-07-2000, 07:15 PM

Re: Idle Controls on National Backorder!

rjohnson,
Hate to see you get the runaround. If you ordered idle control with truck, look for (96P) on your vehicle order confirmation sheet or look for it listed on the window sticker. May not have been ordered w/truck.
Also, they have been available out of Dallas Parts Depot the last few weeks because I have rec'd several and shipped out to customers. Got 2 today that were ordered on our weekly stock order placed wednesday morning, 01-05-2000. (part # XL3Z-12B641-AA)
Good luck.
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 01-07-2000, 07:24 PM Thread Starter

Louder,
Definitely ordered and definitely on the DORA and the Sticker when truck arrived.
Dealer supposedly filed the paperwork for a "misbuild" and here we still sit!
Maybe the ones you have were just inventory that's been sitting there (Dallas). I guess mine has to come from KTP or something. If you know anything about this process please let me know!
RJ
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 01-07-2000, 07:40 PM

Misbuilt vehicle is a whole nuther can o worms. Dealer should correct problem (get your idle control to you) then worry about getting paid from Ford on misbuilt claim. Lots of dealers wait till they hear from Ford on misbuilt claim, but usually that might be a very large mistake (wrong seat, left the bed off). Getting idle control on an emergency parts order would be solution, then dealer can work it out w/ Ford.
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 01-07-2000, 09:52 PM

Picked my truck up yesterday(01/06) and the idle controller was in the back seat right where it was suppose to be. I didn't hook it up yet, that is tomorrows job. I ordered the truck the last week of October, so I was very pleased with the time it took to be delivered. It arrived on the estimated delivery day and everyone is right, the thing is a ball to drive and the quality has improved dramatically from my '94. I couldn't come up with one complaint, great job everyone at the KTP. There is even a neat decal in the windshield about the KTP being the home of the Ford Super Duty. The truck is absolutly beautiful, and the Bright Amber paint is perfect. I had never seen a truck in that color, I ordered it for that reason. Anyone contemplating a color choice, consider it, it's beautiful! And I think the leather could not be any nicer, much better than the '99's.

------------------
'00 F350 SC DRW Lariat. Bright Amber, PSD, Auto, 4:10LS, TT, Camper Pkg, Off-Road, CD, PTO Provision, Dual Alt, IV Hitch, Aux Idle, Sliding Window, Priv. Glass

'00 F350 SC DRW Lariat. Bright Amber, PSD, Auto, 4:10LS, TT, Camper Pkg, Off-Road, CD, PTO Provision, Dual Alt, IV Hitch, Aux Idle, Sliding Window, Priv. Glass
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com > 1999-2007 Ford Super Duties > 1999-2007 Ordering Information

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in