Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com

Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com (https://www.thedieselstop.com/forums/)
-   1999-2007 Ordering Information (https://www.thedieselstop.com/forums/f15/)
-   -   New buyer questions/support. (https://www.thedieselstop.com/forums/f15/new-buyer-questions-support-6376/)

Gimbo 01-07-2000 04:23 PM

New buyer questions/support.

Help! I just came accross this awesome site this week and after reading everyone's great stuff I'm even more stoked about the truck I have orderred. I'm amazed at the great responses and support from all the truck experts for those of us who are either new owners or less experienced, nice to know people accross this great country still care! ......Now I'm worried, I orderred mine on 11/16 and I was just told today that I'm "unscheduled, clean"??????? No build date? here is the info on my VOC: BSC=w21, Dlr F72511, priority=35, What does this all mean???? how long until I get my truck? Also, I orderred every option avail on this F250SD, CCab,sh bd, srw,7.3l Dsl, At, tow pkg, Camp pkg, Off rd pkg,265 tires, slide rw, Lariet, 373 Re lim slip, 2 tone etc. I did not order the dual Alternators??? how important is this option? I'm in Northern Calif and will be using the truck for weekend boating (4500lbs) and going up to Tahoe snow skiing (7500-9000 elev.) and lots of freeway driving. Thanks for any help, I'm the city guy who loves trucks and went out and bought the best I thought I could get for me, my wife and twinn 4 yr old boys!

Krazyolman 01-07-2000 04:32 PM

Re: New buyer questions/support.

Gimbo,
You and I are in the same boat I'm thinking. My priority code is a 40! I just talked with another dealer and he said he always orders his retail orders with 10's. I am afraid it will be June before I get my rig if the code stays a 40!
Help us here fellow dieselers!

SmokeyWren 01-07-2000 05:35 PM

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Krazyolman:
I am afraid it will be June before I get my rig if the code stays a 40!
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Read the FAQ on priority codes. No one knows what a priority 40 means except your dealer. "You're in good hands" with your dealer. http://www.ford-diesel.com/ubb/images/icons/smile.gif My dealer also put a priority 40 on my order. I got it in 8 weeks. It would have been here in 7 weeks except for some labor union activity at the ramp.

All the priority code does is get your truck scheduled for build. After the truck is scheduled the priority code is meaningless.

If your dealer has allocation to have your truck built the next order cycle, then it will get scheduled. If your dealer doesn't have an unused allocation for that truck, then it won't get scheduled. Allocation is much more important than priority.

------------------
Ford-Diesel.com is a member-supported website, for more info: Click here. ........ Ole retired guy in west Texas with Darling Wife and Sierra Blanca - the white mountain of a '99.5 F250 diesel-powered CrewCab.

SmokeyWren 01-07-2000 05:39 PM

Gimbo said: <BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>......Now I'm worried, I orderred mine on 11/16 and I was just told today that I'm "unscheduled, clean"??????? No build date? here is the info on my VOC: BSC=w21, Dlr F72511, priority=35, What does this all mean???? [/B]<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

It's all explained in the FAQ: Click here for FAQ on waiting for your order.

[This message has been edited by SmokeyWren (edited 01-07-2000).]

Krazyolman 01-07-2000 05:54 PM

Thanks Smokey for insight. Maybe I can reat a little easier now. Although I guess I can wait since I still have nothing to tow! Another month for me to be "macho" wont hurt either! :-)