Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com

Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com (https://www.thedieselstop.com/forums/)
-   1999-2007 Ordering Information (https://www.thedieselstop.com/forums/f15/)
-   -   Order confirmation sheet ???'s (https://www.thedieselstop.com/forums/f15/order-confirmation-sheet-s-178403/)

JUNGLECARPET 11-22-2007 05:49 PM

Order confirmation sheet ???'s

Looking over my order confirmation sheets, I've found A charge of $638.00 listed as "FDAF ASSESSMENT". It's just above the "DEST & DELIV" part. Anybody know of such a charge or is this dealer BS?

Any comments would be great. TIA!!

mtptuc 11-22-2007 06:11 PM

Re: Order confirmation sheet ???'s

It's legit. Basically Ford is charging the dealer (and us) for their advertising, and every vehicle takes the brunt of it. It showed up on mine even under X-Plan.

IDAHO_DIESEL 11-23-2007 12:32 AM

Even shows up on my "Z" plan.

Crodad 11-23-2007 11:53 AM

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Jungle_Python</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Looking over my order confirmation sheets, I've found A charge of $638.00 listed as "FDAF ASSESSMENT". It's just above the "DEST & DELIV" part. Anybody know of such a charge or is this dealer BS?

Any comments would be great. TIA!!</div></div>

F = Ford
D = District
A = Advertising
F = Fund

Alaska Ranger 11-23-2007 12:08 PM

I'm thinking of changing my rental cabin rate structure in a similar fashion.

Let's see: "Cabin fare, $150".

"Yes, thank you, sir, for your reservation. That will be $150, please.
Oh, plus $27.88 for the advertising I had to use in order to entice you to stay here.
Plus $3.92 for the amortized cost of the door that I thought you might like, and $1.39 for this fine window, $13.55 for this good-looking roof and shingles.... But the cabin fare is $150."

This is the same sort of malarkey hospitals and the rest of the health care industry has foisted upon us, too.

ffxhub 02-18-2008 10:33 AM

If what I am reading is true maybe we can get one of the Mods to updated the X-Plan sticky to state that you have to pay FDAF Assessment.

So in reality your total cost will be:

Invoice minus 0.4% of Invoice + $75 Administration Fee + FDAF Assessment (varies by dealer location - $638 in my case.)

Is this a correct statement?

rod.10853 02-18-2008 07:10 PM

I think it looks like this:

Let

A = ( invoice cost of vehicle + invoice cost of options + destination charge + fuel charge + FDAF )

then let

B = (.4% ) x ( A )

then we have

( A - B ) + $75 = X Plan

But, what I want to know is what the FEG amount is that is listed on a quote sheet ...

SmokeyWren 02-23-2008 07:27 AM

FDAF is part of the invoice cost to the dealer. Only when you begin getting into the makeup of the invoice do you encounter FDAF. If you find invoice cost on a website such as KBB.com, you won't see the details that make up the invoice cost. But FDAF, along with a fuel charge and destination charge, is one of those details.

ffxhub 02-23-2008 09:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SmokeyWren (Post 1516120)
FDAF is part of the invoice cost to the dealer. Only when you begin getting into the makeup of the invoice do you encounter FDAF. If you find invoice cost on a website such as KBB.com, you won't see the details that make up the invoice cost. But FDAF, along with a fuel charge and destination charge, is one of those details.

I see. I used Bobby Williams site to get my invoice price and that's why I wasn't aware of the FDAF cost.

BWilliams 03-19-2008 10:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ffxhub (Post 1516838)
I see. I used Bobby Williams site to get my invoice price and that's why I wasn't aware of the FDAF cost.

Most of the online order building sites don't show or list the FDAF as it varies per region.