Priority Level - Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com
1999-2007 Ordering Information Discussion of ordering and status of an order of a Super Duty truck. All engine types allowed.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-07-2000, 04:16 PM Thread Starter

My Photos: (0)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Priority Level

My dealer made me a copy of the "2000 Dealer Order Receipt Acknowledgement" for my truck.

The priority listed on it is "L9". Does anyone know if this is good or bad? I have always seen everyone else say 10 is best. I ordered through the guy that I always use at this dealership, who also happens to be the Fleet Manager.

Doug.

------------------
Currently: '99 F250SD, XLT, Super Cab, 4X4, ESOF, Deep Blue Clearcoat Metallic, Med. Graphite, 5.4L, 4.10LS, Superchip.
On Order: '00 F250SD, XLT, Super Cab, 4X4, ESOF, Island Blue over Silver, Med. Graphite, 6.8L, 3.73LS, ordered 10/11/99.

'00 F150, XLT, Super Cab, 4x4, Island Blue/Silver with Dark Graphite, 5.4L, 3.55LS.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-07-2000, 05:35 PM

Re: Priority Level

Doug,
10 is the highest priority a dealer can give an order so I have heard. To get a 9, evidently it has to be requested by Ford's regional people or something like that. 10 is good, 9 is better!
Far better than my "40"
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-07-2000, 06:21 PM

DougS,
Some of the larger fleet dealers may have to correct me on this one. We order some fleet, but not a lot. Dealer may have had some fleet allocation that was available for your retail type order.
It is my understanding that to order fleet, the customer must have a valid FIN (Fleet Identification Number) and must be ordered under the name of the holder of that FIN.
I think "L9" is a fleet priority code. Usually assigned by VOPC (Vehicle Order Processing Center) even if given a "10" code from dealer.
A bright spot for you is many times fleet orders are given priority over retail and stock orders. If this fleet type order works, let us know because the rest of us Ford dealers would sure like to get some of our retails scheduled!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-07-2000, 07:44 PM
Lifetime Supporting Member

My Photos: (45)

Louder said: "I think "L9" is a fleet priority code."

May be. I suspect it's a typo - the inputter meant one-nine (19) but he typed ell-nine (l9). But if CONCEPTS accepted it, then it must be a valid code.

------------------
Ford-Diesel.com is a member-supported website, for more info: Click here. ........ Ole retired guy in west Texas with Darling Wife and Sierra Blanca - the white mountain of a '99.5 F250 diesel-powered CrewCab.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

My Sierra Blanca (Spanish for White Mountain) in the sig pic was a great pickup for 11.5 years. I sold it several years ago. I drove a hand-me-down 2003 F-150 SuperCrew 4.6L 2V for a while, but it was unacceptable for towing more than a rowboat. Replacement is a 2012 F-150 EcoBoost SuperCrew Lariat that tows my 5,000-pound TT like a dream. Replaced the 2012 with a 2019 F-150 3.5L EcoBoost with max tow.
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-08-2000, 09:14 AM

I still think 'L9' is fleet priority code, but dont know what it means. Fleet priority codes always have a alpha letter and then a single digit number,(have a couple of 'M9' now).
I think the first digit may indicate the month that vehicle will be built.

[This message has been edited by Louder (edited 01-08-2000).]
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-08-2000, 02:19 PM
Lifetime Supporting Member

My Photos: (45)

O.k., I give up. Don't shoot! Louder was right.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

My Sierra Blanca (Spanish for White Mountain) in the sig pic was a great pickup for 11.5 years. I sold it several years ago. I drove a hand-me-down 2003 F-150 SuperCrew 4.6L 2V for a while, but it was unacceptable for towing more than a rowboat. Replacement is a 2012 F-150 EcoBoost SuperCrew Lariat that tows my 5,000-pound TT like a dream. Replaced the 2012 with a 2019 F-150 3.5L EcoBoost with max tow.
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-09-2000, 12:03 AM Thread Starter

Thanks everyone.

You might have missed at the end of my signature, I ordered the truck on 10/11/99, but as of yesterday 1/7/00 the truck is still "clean and unscheduled", so the fleet order is not helping much this time.

My '99 S.D. was ordered by the same dealer and fleet manager back in 1/98, and I recieved the truck in only 10 weeks. I'm waiting alot longer this time, that's for sure.

Doug.

------------------
Currently: '99 F250SD, XLT, Super Cab, 4X4, ESOF, Deep Blue Clearcoat Metallic, Med. Graphite, 5.4L, 4.10LS, Superchip.
On Order: '00 F250SD, XLT, Super Cab, 4X4, ESOF, Island Blue over Silver, Med. Graphite, 6.8L, 3.73LS, ordered 10/11/99.

'00 F150, XLT, Super Cab, 4x4, Island Blue/Silver with Dark Graphite, 5.4L, 3.55LS.
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-09-2000, 12:11 AM

Fleet priorities are different from retail. CONCEPTS will default on ordering to the current production month and anytime that month. The dealer may "request" a specific build week. The following is the way to decipher fleet priorities.
January - A February - B March - C
April - D May - E June - F
July - G August - H September - J
October - K November - L December - M

1st week - 1 2nd week - 2 3rd week - 3
4th week - 4 5th week - 5 Anytime - 9

Bsed on this a Priority of L9 to me means this truck was probably ordered in late Sept or early Oct and since there was no priority placed on it is defaulted to first available build month during that allocation period. This DOES NOT mean the truck will be built then, as a matter of fact default priorities generally are considered as catch as catch can. Fleet has recentley told us if we really want fleet units in a timely manner to ensure they do not have deafult priorities.

------------------
Inventory Manager Ford Truck Dealer
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-09-2000, 12:47 AM

Thanks, I finally found that exact info in the Fleet Reference Guide, but don't use it that much, so did not know where to look.
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-10-2000, 11:30 PM

Don't feel bad I ordered mine 9/6/99 and I'm still "clean and unscheduled"
2000 F-250 SD CC XLT PSD 4X4 AUTO DARK TOREADOR RED
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com > 1999-2007 Ford Super Duties > 1999-2007 Ordering Information

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in