Is there a main database a dealer can access on a customer shopping? - Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com
1999-2007 Ordering Information Discussion of ordering and status of an order of a Super Duty truck. All engine types allowed.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-14-2007, 02:10 PM Thread Starter

My Photos: (0)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Is there a main database a dealer can access on a customer shopping?

Can a dealer see if I've been at another dealer and how much was offered on a trade,new truck,fianceing,etc.? Is there a main data base they can access with the info?

Just wondering what goes on behind the desk.. while your waiting or talking.. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shrug.gif[/img]

2016 F350 Lariat Copperfire Bronze,Black Leather Crew Cab,Short Box SRW. Supplemental Heater,3.55 ELD, Remote Starter. Used for hauling 16ft x 8.5ft. Work Trailer , 8ft. Fisher Plow, Lance 820 truck camper for those days I can get away.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-14-2007, 02:29 PM

My Photos: (5)
Re: Is there a main database a dealer can access on a customer shopping?

I don't think so. Maybe Carmax can do that but I don't think independent dealers do.
Now answer this: is there a website where Joe Blow can search nationwide for any leftover 2007 Super Duties? Because they're getting hard to find locally.

2014 F250 Platinum CC Short Bed 4x4, 6.2 (I Got Gas Now!)
2003 F250 XLT CC Long Bed 4x4, 6.0 w/Auto (SOLD)
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-14-2007, 03:17 PM

My Photos: (1)

Dealers are not going to share that kind of info with other dealers. They are all independant businesses competing with each other. That would be like the Green Bay Packers giving the Cowboys a copy of their playbook. Ain't gonna happen!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-14-2007, 03:22 PM
Lifetime Supporting Member

My Photos: (45)

[ QUOTE ]
Now answer this: is there a website where Joe Blow can search nationwide for any leftover 2007 Super Duties?

[/ QUOTE ]

None that I know of. But there is one that any qualified Ford dealerperson can access.

So the answer seems obvious: Hook up with a good experienced Ford dealerperson and put him to work. If you don't know any, I can name 4 off the top of my head: Bobby Williams near LA, Cochise Willis near Houston, and my nephew Vance Lane in Odessa (those 3 are all fleet managers at big dealerships). Plus the dealer himself, Danny Ireton at my local itty bitty Ford house in Stanton. If you would like contact info for any of those guys, holler back.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

My Sierra Blanca (Spanish for White Mountain) in the sig pic was a great pickup for 11.5 years. I sold it several years ago. I drove a hand-me-down 2003 F-150 SuperCrew 4.6L 2V for a while, but it was unacceptable for towing more than a rowboat. Replacement is a 2012 F-150 EcoBoost SuperCrew Lariat that tows my 5,000-pound TT like a dream. Replaced the 2012 with a 2019 F-150 3.5L EcoBoost with max tow.
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-14-2007, 05:11 PM

Thanks Smokey. Nothing serious, I'm just kickin' tires. Now that I think about it, I have Cochise's contact info.

post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-14-2007, 05:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Just wondering what goes on behind the desk.. while your waiting or talking.. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shrug.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Have you seen Fargo? [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/vulnerable.gif[/img]

post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-14-2007, 05:23 PM Thread Starter

My Photos: (0)

Funny...I saw it twice..good movie but can't remember that part..If I was to guess he wasn't doing anything..

Now ya got me going to the store to rent it. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/biggrin.gif[/img]

I think my two dealers around here seem like that to me now. A big joke. I can't seem to get them to give a firm price or call me back. I'm not good at handleing them I think..There too sharp...

2016 F350 Lariat Copperfire Bronze,Black Leather Crew Cab,Short Box SRW. Supplemental Heater,3.55 ELD, Remote Starter. Used for hauling 16ft x 8.5ft. Work Trailer , 8ft. Fisher Plow, Lance 820 truck camper for those days I can get away.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com > 1999-2007 Ford Super Duties > 1999-2007 Ordering Information

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in