Two-Tone Accent Paint - Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com
1999-2007 Ordering Information Discussion of ordering and status of an order of a Super Duty truck. All engine types allowed.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 11-30-2007, 01:43 AM Thread Starter

My Photos: (0)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Two-Tone Accent Paint

I ordered my truck with the Black Clearcoat Metallic base color and a Pueblo Gold Metallic accent color. I really think this will be a cool combo.

Now, to the question part. I've seen different trucks with different two-tone paint schemes. Some simply have a straight accent stripe along the bottom of the vehicle. Others also have a small accent color around the well-wells. I've even saw a truck on the road with accent colored fender flairs (very nice, but I expect this was aftermarket).

Do you have a two-toned '08, and how is yours done? Was yours a Job 1 or Job 2 truck?

ps - Dealer was useless with this question. Gave me a typical bull&^%$ answer. Something like "Ford builds 'em different ways in different plants". I chose not to pursue, because I think he struggles with talking and maintaining on a steady heart beat at the same time. [img]/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/crazy.gif[/img] Where do they find these guys?

NEW - 2008 F350 Lariat, CC, 6.4PSD, 4x4, SRW, SB, 2-tone Black Clearcoat w/Pueblo Gold accent, Nav, DVD, Camera. The only thing I didn't order was a stearing wheel, but Ford threw it in for free
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
. Delivered: Jan 19, 2008.
TOWING - 2006 Montana Mountaineer 5er, 319BHD, 12140 GVWR
SOLD - 2004 F250 Sport CC SB 6.0 4x2 SRW, other than the turbo outlet hose blowing off at 60mph while pulling 5er, never a complaint. Did have to peel myself off headliner while navigating to a full and complete stop. Fond memories!
PreSuper Duties - 4 F150s (work a-haulers), 1 Silverado (yeah, yeah, I know) & 1 Plymouth Arrow (everyone's gotta start somewhere)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 11-30-2007, 05:55 AM

Re: Two-Tone Accent Paint

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: OlForder</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Now, to the question part. I've seen different trucks with different two-tone paint schemes. Some simply have a straight accent stripe along the bottom of the vehicle. Others also have a small accent color around the well-wells. I've even saw a truck on the road with accent colored fender flairs (very nice, but I expect this was aftermarket).</div></div>

The first one plain stripe is an xlt.
The one with accent paint on the wheel wells is a lariat.
The one with the moulding accent color is a king ranch.(factory)

~ Mike

2015 Magnetic F350 XLT SC, LB, SRW. 6.7. 3.55el. 4X4 Gooseneck. Ordered: 10/15/14 ||StickerIssued 10/28/14||BuildDate 11/3||ProducedDate 11/5/14||RailShipped 11/7||ArrivedDealer 11/17/14||SoldDate 11/24/2014||FirstPlow 11/24
2004 Featherlite STL 14,000#, 24' Gray, popup bevertail, slide in ramps bought 6/2015
2008 BLACK F350 XLT RC SRW 4x4, 6.4, Auto,3.73ls, ManualTransferCase,PTC-Heater. She is Sweet...
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

DORA recieved:9/14/07 ||ProducedDate:11/21/07 ||ShipDate:11/24/07 ||SoldDate:11/30/07 || Traded 11/24/2014

1983 CutlassCiera | 1979.5 K5 blazer | 1997 jeep TJ
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 11-30-2007, 08:23 AM
Lifetime Supporting Member

My Photos: (45)

What Loft said, except the wheel lip mouldings in the accent color are part of the Lariat pkg on an SRW. Since a King Ranch is a Lariat with cheeze whiz added, they should have the wheel lip mouldings too.

The exact two-tone paint scheme depends on your trim level - XLT, FX4, Lariat, King Ranch or Harley Davidson. Which one did you order?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 11-30-2007, 08:24 AM

I just have an stripe(tape that needs to be redone on bed sides) without the lower color going around the wheel wells. Mine is a Lariat but a dual rear wheel truck. Black over Pueblo Gold?? I do not think I have ever seen that combination before. Only issue I have with the color "Pueblo Gold" is that it is more like beige than gold. Looks okay with my truck's Dark Metalic Stone(what color is that really, Green or brown?). Wonder what black and beige will look like together?

2008 F-450 Lariat Dark Stone Metallic over Pueblo Gold 4x4(manual shift transfer case, manual hubs), High capacity tow 4:88s, Off Road, Camper packages, Sirius Sat, Upfitter switches, DVD entertainment, tailgate step, traction control, Audiophile 6-disc, PTC Supplemental heat and heated seats(warm buns), rear sensors, traction control, tailgate step. Built May 8, delivered May 24
Reese Signature Series 24k fiver hitch, I installed it myself, best hitch I have found yet
Line-X bedliner, heavy duty floor mats
2003 Sunline F281SR(weekend getaways)
Sea Ray 240 Sundeck

post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 11-30-2007, 05:40 PM Thread Starter

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: SmokeyWren</div><div class="ubbcode-body">...Which one did you order?</div></div>
Good point Smokey. I hadn't noticed that I didn't have the trim in my sig. Do now. It will be a Lariat (someday - still no VIN [img]/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/mad.gif[/img] - sorry, I get that way).

I think it's the DRWs that have thrown me off. I'm glad I get the accented wheel lip mouldings. Some of the literature I have seen shows this for Lariats, but I have seen Lariats without. They must have been DRWs.

I haven't seen any black and tan on the road either. This (click here) must be one although it looks very deep blue to me in the picture. Close enough anyway. Ford doesn't have this deep blue in their '08 lineup, and the SVO colors are not available on Lariats.

NEW - 2008 F350 Lariat, CC, 6.4PSD, 4x4, SRW, SB, 2-tone Black Clearcoat w/Pueblo Gold accent, Nav, DVD, Camera. The only thing I didn't order was a stearing wheel, but Ford threw it in for free
. Delivered: Jan 19, 2008.
TOWING - 2006 Montana Mountaineer 5er, 319BHD, 12140 GVWR
SOLD - 2004 F250 Sport CC SB 6.0 4x2 SRW, other than the turbo outlet hose blowing off at 60mph while pulling 5er, never a complaint. Did have to peel myself off headliner while navigating to a full and complete stop. Fond memories!
PreSuper Duties - 4 F150s (work a-haulers), 1 Silverado (yeah, yeah, I know) & 1 Plymouth Arrow (everyone's gotta start somewhere)
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-02-2007, 12:48 AM

I have seen the black with the gold scheme and it looks SHARP. Alot of guys down here have the color combo and it shows off well. Just keep the shine on that black...looks good when it comes off the truck, but hard to keep it looking that way.
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-06-2007, 08:56 AM

My Photos: (2)

The two-tone paint option costs just under $500 right? I'm not thrilled with the standard combinations, so how much (estimate) would a body shop charge to do a custom two-tone? Order the truck in whatever color you prefer, drive right to the paint shop and wait a few days (ok, the waiting would suck). Even if it cost a little more, I think it would be worth it to have a one of a kind paint job. Especially when you factor in just how much I spend dressing up my truck anyway.
Just a thought!

'11 F-250 SD Lariat, 6.7, Crew Cab, Long Bed, 4X4.
'99 F-250 SD XLT, 7.3, Super Cab, Short Bed, 4x2, MODs- Zoodad, 4" turbo back MBRP, '05 frontend. Sold
73k as of Jan '07, 78k as of Feb '07
Just hit 100K Jan 21st 2009
'07 Keystone Outback 21RS
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-06-2007, 02:22 PM
Lifetime Supporting Member

My Photos: (45)

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: boats313</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The two-tone paint option costs just under $500 right? </div></div>

Depends on trim level. It's around $500 for the ones that have the wheel-lip mouldings, but a lot less for those without the wheel lip mouldings - around $200?

Any decent paint shop would probably paint the bottom accent area for less than $500, but that wouldn't include adding the accent-color wheel-lip mouldings.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com > 1999-2007 Ford Super Duties > 1999-2007 Ordering Information

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in