Verification of Dealer Allocation - Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com
1999-2007 Ordering Information Discussion of ordering and status of an order of a Super Duty truck. All engine types allowed.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 01-05-2000, 07:53 AM Thread Starter

My Photos: (0)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Verification of Dealer Allocation

I ordered my 2000 F250 SD PSD 4x4 CC SWB 12/4
DORA 12/8 as of 1/4 its still clean and unscheduled. My dealer tells me that his allocation is fine and he assigned a priority of "10" to the order. Could the order be slowed by the 156" wheel base? How can I tactfully check the dealers Superduty allocation?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 01-05-2000, 11:47 AM

Re: Verification of Dealer Allocation

Chris,

I ordered my Excursion 12/9 (built at KTP with the same backlog as the SD trucks). The two week holiday shutdown kind of screwed things up a bit. Most of January's builds were already pulled. I hear rumor that a few more will be pulled this week so you have a chance of getting scheduled yet, but I doubt it. IF the dealer is not over allocated and IF there are no commodity restrictions for February, then I'd bet you have a pretty good shot of getting built in February....delivery by maybe March .

As far as knowing if they are over allocated, I know of no way of finding that out other than just asking them.

------------------
FORMER : 99 V-10 & 99.5 PSD (great trucks!). ORDERED : Y2K Excursion Limited 4x4 PSD Toreador Red with all the goodies...

Troutly...

<font color="red">TRUCK & BOAT PICS &gt;&gt;&gt; </font>
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 01-05-2000, 07:26 PM

Re: Verification of Dealer Allocation

Chris - I ordered my truck 12/9, as of 1/3 still clean/unsched. I got the long wheelbase. I'm gonna wait till Friday, as rumor has it things happen at Ford on Thursdays. If still clean/unsched on Friday I'm gonna start inquiring with the dealer. My problem is I'm waiting to order my 5th wheel camper until I at least have a build date. The 5er has a 6-8 week turnaround so I gotta time it all right to get the truck and break it in correctly without paying for a trailer to sit at the RV dealer while I'm waiting on the truck. Good Luck !

------------------
Y2K 350 4X2 CC PSD 6SP DRW 4.10LS Lariat TrlrTow Cmpr CD Mirrors AICM. Ordered: 12/9 As of 12/29: Cln & Unsch

00 F350 4X2 CC LWB PSD 6SP DRW 4.10LS Lariat Dark T-Red Trailer/Camper CD Mirrors AICM.
Ordered:12/9 Serialized:1/14 Built:2/11 Delivered:2/16
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com > 1999-2007 Ford Super Duties > 1999-2007 Ordering Information

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in