The Diesel Stop banner

VIN CONFIRMATION(s), Anyone have them?

15K views 280 replies 48 participants last post by  tnance 
#1 ·
I was just curious to see if anyone out there has gotten their VIN numbers yet? If so, when did you place your orderes. I placed my order on August 18th.

Thanks /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

See less See more
#27 ·
</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
Somewhere on this site or elsewhere I saw a real good chart on how to parse a VIN number. Anybody know where I can find it?

[/ QUOTE ]This is based on a 2001 chart, so there will be some minor changes for 2002 and 2003 - such as Excursion models available:

Group 1: World Manufacturer Identifier
Group 2: Brake Type and GVWR
Group 3: Vehicle Line, Series, Body Type
Group 4: Engine Type
Group 5: Check Digit
Group 6: Model Year
Group 7: Assembly Plant
Group 8: Production Sequence Number

Group 1..positions 1-3 - World Manufacturer Code

1FM - FMC, USA, multi-purpose vehicle
1FT - FMC, USA, truck, completed vehicle
1FD - FMC, USA, incomplete vehicle
1FC - FMC, USA, basic (stripped) chassis
1FB - FMC, USA, basic (stripped) chassis BUS

2FM - FMC, Canada, multi-purpose vehicle
2FT - FMC, Canada, truck, completed vehicle
2FD - FMC, Canada, incomplete vehicle
2FC - FMC, Canada, basic (stripped) chassis
2FB - FMC, Canada, basic (stripped) chassis BUS

3FC - FMC, Mexico, basic (stripped) chassis
3FE - FMC, Mexico, incomplete vehicle
3FM - FMC, Mexico, multi-purpose vehicle
3FT - FMC, Mexico, truck, completed vehicle

Group 2.....Brake Type and GVWR POSITION 4

Don't worry about the codes - you know if you have air brakes, and whether you have an F-250 or an F-550.

Group 3.... Vehicle Line, Series, Body Type - positions 5, 6, 7

F20 - F250 RC 4x2
X20 - F250 SC 4x2
W20 - F250 CC 4x2
F21 - F250 RC 4x4
X21 - F250 SC 4x4
W21 - F250 CC 4x4
F30 - F350 RC 4x2 SRW
X30 - F350 SC 4x2 SRW
W30 - F350 CC 4x2 SRW
F31 - F350 RC 4x4 SRW
X31 - F350 SC 4x4 SRW
W31 - F350 CC 4x4 SRW
F32 - F350 RC 4x2 DRW
X32 - F350 SC 4x2 DRW
W32 - F350 CC 4x2 DRW
F33 - F350 RC 4x4 DRW
X33 - F350 SC 4x4 DRW
W33 - F350 CC 4x4 DRW
F34 - F350 RC (chassis cab) 4x2 SRW
X34 - F350 SC (chassis cab) 4x2 SRW
W34 - F350 CC (chassis cab) 4x2 SRW
F35 - F350 RC (chassis cab) 4x4 SRW
X35 - F350 SC (chassis cab) 4x4 SRW
W35 - F350 CC (chassis cab) 4x4 SRW
F36 - F350 RC (chassis cab) 4x2 DRW
X36 - F350 SC (chassis cab) 4x2 DRW
W36 - F350 CC (chassis cab) 4x2 DRW
F37 - F350 RC (chassis cab) 4x4 DRW
X37 - F350 SC (chassis cab) 4x4 DRW
W37 - F350 CC (chassis cab) 4x4 DRW
.... I'll skip the F450 and F550 series
U40 - Excursion XLT, 4x2
U41 - Excursion XLT, 4x4
U42 - Excursion Limited, 4x2
U43 - Excursion Limited, 4x4
F53 - Recreational stripped chassis (motorhome)

Group 4....Engine Code - position 8

A,Z,L - 5.4L Modular, SOHC, EFI, V8,
S - 6.8L SOHC, EFI, v10,
6 - 7.3L, OHV, DI Turbo, V8, Diesel F-Series/Excursion in F-650/F-750
F - 7.3L Diesel SuperDuty
P - 6.0L Diesel SuperDuty

Group 5....check digit

Group 6....Model Year Code - position 10

X = 1999
Y = 2000
1 = 2001
2 = 2002

Group 7....Assembly Plant - position 11

E - Kentucky Truck (Jefferson County, Kentucky)
M - Cuautitlan (Cuautitlan, Mexico)

Group 8....Serial Number - position 12 - 17

Example:

IFT S W31 F 9 1 E B75718
1FT = FMC, USA, truck, completed vehicle
S = F-350 SRW
W31 = F-350 CrewCab 4x4 SRW

F = 7.3L PSD

9 = check digit

1 = model year 2001

E = assembly plant = Kentucky Truck

B75718 = serial number

<font color="red">NOTICE</font color>: Most of the stuff on fleet.ford.com is available only to fleet customers. But the VIN lookup works for me without logging in, so it will probably work for you too: Click here.

#29 ·
Hey Bobby, any of your vehicles have the FX4 package? The LT265/75X16E OWL All Terrain are standard with this package. Does anyone know here with ordered trucks pulled have the FX4 package?

#30 ·
Cochise! Thank you, thank you, thank you! I'm rarin' to go. Look forward to meeting you in person, too.... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

#31 ·
DS, I got the FX4 package but switched to BSW tires out of preference--before there was any kind of hold on the OWL tires. Just got my VIN this morning!

#36 ·
I got my VIN also!! Thanks Bobby!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

#37 ·
Whassup guys??? I expected to see lots of VIN confirmations in this thread, but there's only a 3-4 of them as of Monday morning 10/21. Does your truck have a hold on it? You *DID* order a truck didn't you????

#38 ·
alright, I haven't received mine from the dealer yet. What is the name of the report that should be running to get the info that we so desire? They supposedly get a printout every morning that they say should have the information. On Friday the report said the same thing...on hold until 11/04 because of the motor, tranny and mirrors.

Also, what is the code for the A-T tires that are on hold until January. I have a feeling that I have them..... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mad.gif.

#39 ·
</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
Whats your VIN and I check the staus of your truck.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ponch,

Here is my VIN, can you check the status of it? I am curious what you can find out.

1FTNW20P83EB36610

Thanks

#40 ·
I got it!!!! The dealer just called with my VIN, no build date yet...

1FTNW21P23EB35600

Now, the wait for the tires and motors sounds like is just getting started /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

#41 ·
I am confused about some of the postings here. I have a V10 on order so I didnt have the wait for the new diesel. I did however have to wait for the new tow mirror to be released. I am waiting for my dealer to call to see if I have been sked for production yet. First, there is talk about hold on OWL A/T tires (which I ordered). Now it "appears" that might have been resolved or least for the Super Duties, maybe not the Excursions. Then I see where some of you have been assigned a VIN number but no production date. And one mentioned maybe still a hold on tires even if you have a VIN assigned.
So my questions are these. Am I on hold for tires and how can I verify if I am or not? Then once I get a VIN could I still be on hold for something or how long does it take from VIN assignment to production assignment?
Sorry if I am alittle dense.
Mike

#42 ·
I am in the same boat as you. Unfortunately this board is so far ahead of my poor dealer, he can't offer any insight. I guess I am just happy that I have my VIN number and if I have to wait, so be it.

#43 ·
But I dont understand your comment about waiting for the tires and the motor. If they assigned a VIN number, wouldnt they have everything they need to build your truck? And if they do have everything they need, then how long between VIN assignment and production date assignment?
Mike

#44 ·
Maybe, my comment about waiting on tires and motors are based on hearsay from this board. One person is thinking that motors could be an issue because of an impending lockout, others have stated issues with tires. Hell, I am just as confused as the next guy. In truth I am preparing myself for a delayed delivery just in the event that it comes in early. My dealer made the comment that I should see my truck before Thanksgiving...wishful thinking? Who knows at this point. Perhaps one of the "Big Guns" on this board that knows can chime in on yours and my question.

#45 ·
Bill, call Ford Customer Service Line. If you have a copy of your dealer information on the order all you need is your Name, Dealer Number, Order Number, Model Year and Wheel Base. They they can look it up. They don't give you a hassel either. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

#46 ·
Do you have that number...???

#48 ·
Yes, it's the FORD 1-800-392-3673. I called this morning and checked on mine.

Spelling and grammer corrected, :}

#49 ·
Thank you for the phone number. I called and mine has not been pulled yet. They dont show any holds so apparently the tire issue is not an issue. I guess it just down to waiting my turn for order to be pulled. And is it once a week on Thursday nights or is it twice a week that orders are pulled? Also I still dont know what is the next step, once a VIN is assigned, to getting on the production list.
Mike

#50 ·
Your Welcome! It has taken me a while to find someone who could give me a straight answer on how I can go about it without contacting my oh-so-friendly dealer if you get the sarcasim.

Mine has a "Material Hold" on it right now for some reason. As I said in a previous statement, I am with you, In talking with a myfriend in Kentucky, they have eliminated the tire concerns and are using Pirelli if spelled right and BFG's now.

The material hold I guess is cause of the problems with 6.0L Production at Indy. But we'll see.

Can anyone tell us how often orders are pulled and scheduled? Once, twice, or even more a week? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.