6.7 deleted tuner - Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com
6.7L Upgrades and Aftermarket - Engine Upgrading or adding OEM or aftermarket equipment to your 2011-Up Super Duty truck with 6.7L Power Stroke diesel engine. Please confine discussion of topics in this forum to those items that are specific to the 6.7L Power Stroke engine.

4Likes
  • 1 Post By clev
  • 1 Post By HeavyAssault
  • 1 Post By larrgh
  • 1 Post By larrgh

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-17-2019, 08:30 PM Thread Starter

My Photos: (0)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
I have a 13 superduty with a 6.7. I bought it used already has an egr, dpf, and def delete but I don’t know who did, what tune, or if the computer was just flashed. I am looking into getting a tuner to improve fuel mileage and a little power boost. I’m interested in the sct Livewire but just wanting to know if that is the route to go and if it is a mistake given I don’t know how it was deleted?

Last edited by mdelsberry; 03-18-2019 at 05:57 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-25-2019, 04:03 PM
Lifetime Supporting Member

My Photos: (16)
Well, I hesitate to reply, but no one else has assisted. I hesitate because I have limited knowledge. First, you should make every effort to get in touch with the person from whom you bought the truck. There should be a 'Load Me First' program or something similar that programs the PCM for the deletes. After that, you program your tune, and the trucks stock program is stored in the tuner, you may need that in the future. If the PCM is flashed, it will return the truck to stock and it will not run with the deletes. Anyway, that's my limited knowledge and I may be off on a few things.

2012 F-350 SD Crew Cab, SRW, LWB, 4 X 4, FX4 Offroad, Bilsteins and Bilstein Steering Stableizer, AirLift Air Bags with onboard compressor, BedLocker electric bed cover, Hellwig 1 1/4 inch rear anti-sway bar, 2017 G37 Turbo, ATS Stage I towing transmission kit, White Platinum w/Adobe, Navigation, Moon Roof, 5th Wheel Prep, Step Tail Gate, front 2 inch receiver, completely insulated, Pioneer speakers, King Ranch Package

'99 E-350 HiTop Companion Van Conversion, 7.3 SD Diesel, 5-tune DP Tuner, Triple AutoMeter C2 A-pillar gauge pod, dash mount AutoMeter C2 fuel pressure gauge, twin K&N's, 203* mod, Deraler tubed trannie pan, B&M trannie cooler, AirLift air bags, Bilsteins, 4" DiamondEye turbo back exhaust, Air Dog fuel filtration system, Hutch mod, header wrapped and high temperature painted Bellowed Up-Pipes.
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-26-2019, 04:22 AM

My Photos: (6)
Not too many people like the LiveWire but run what you want. It is already tuned, but that's not any issue. Your "new" tuning device should be just fine to use as it will "think" the current files are "stock" so it will replace them with the new tuning files.

If that doesn't suit you, find a shop with a Ford IDS device. Make sure they program the truck with the Ford "As built files". This will return the truck back to OEM files, to which you will just overwrite with the new tuning device.

2015 F-350 CCLB PSD 4X4 3.55 ELD

Some stock stuff, some modded stuff, some deleted stuff.....
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-26-2019, 07:44 AM

My Photos: (16)
Thanks Heavy, I learned a couple things of things today.
HeavyAssault likes this.

2012 F-350 SD Crew Cab, SRW, LWB, 4 X 4, FX4 Offroad, Bilsteins and Bilstein Steering Stableizer, AirLift Air Bags with onboard compressor, BedLocker electric bed cover, Hellwig 1 1/4 inch rear anti-sway bar, 2017 G37 Turbo, ATS Stage I towing transmission kit, White Platinum w/Adobe, Navigation, Moon Roof, 5th Wheel Prep, Step Tail Gate, front 2 inch receiver, completely insulated, Pioneer speakers, King Ranch Package

'99 E-350 HiTop Companion Van Conversion, 7.3 SD Diesel, 5-tune DP Tuner, Triple AutoMeter C2 A-pillar gauge pod, dash mount AutoMeter C2 fuel pressure gauge, twin K&N's, 203* mod, Deraler tubed trannie pan, B&M trannie cooler, AirLift air bags, Bilsteins, 4" DiamondEye turbo back exhaust, Air Dog fuel filtration system, Hutch mod, header wrapped and high temperature painted Bellowed Up-Pipes.
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-26-2019, 09:39 AM

If you want a tune that is better than the one thats in your truck than you have to take it to a shop that specializes in diesel tuning otherwise you will just end up with the same kind of tune you already have. You cant get more power and better fuel millage because to make more power you have to add more fuel. More air will not add more power. It would be best to find the guy who tuned the truck in the first place to get the stock tune. This is the reason not to buy a modified truck. You never know what you are getting. Good luck
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-26-2019, 04:01 PM

My Photos: (6)
Quote:
You cant get more power and better fuel millage because to make more power you have to add more fuel. More air will not add more power.
This isn't 100% accurate. As I have over 100k miles of fuel mileage data to back that up. Will "everyone" get the same results?? That's the subjective part. There's more than one factor that will show the effects of what tuning and files will do for your truck. Not to mention where you live, how you drive, your habits..ALL play a part.
In the end tuning changes more than just adding fuel alone. When you adjust timing, add fuel, adjust transmission shifting etc etc etc...it all adds power with MPG gains.

>>>To clarify something I posted above: The PCM/TCM use "calibration files" versus "As built" files. Using the IDS and the calibration files should allow the PCM/TCM to be returned to stock programming this will be as it was loaded from Ford the day it was built.

Quote:
If you want a tune that is better than the one thats in your truck than you have to take it to a shop that specializes in diesel tuning otherwise you will just end up with the same kind of tune you already have.
^^^^Which is why a preferred method is to return his truck back to Ford stock calibration files. Then use whatever tuning device and support he desires. The same kind of tuning is subjective....The only way that might happen is if by random chance he chose the same company as the previous owner.
larrgh likes this.

2015 F-350 CCLB PSD 4X4 3.55 ELD

Some stock stuff, some modded stuff, some deleted stuff.....
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-26-2019, 04:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeavyAssault View Post
>>>To clarify something I posted above: The PCM/TCM use "calibration files" versus "As built" files. Using the IDS and the calibration files should allow the PCM/TCM to be returned to stock programming this will be as it was loaded from Ford the day it was built.

Just to further clarify what Heavy said, the As-Built data is used for the modules other than the PCM/ECU.

Modules that you use AB data include but not limited to the APIM, Steering Column Control Module, Instrument Panel Cluster, APM, Heater Seat Module, HVAC, etc.

The "AB" data is what one changes to get the Exhaust Filter Screen, Bambi Mode, DRL's, Dark Car Mode, etc.
HeavyAssault likes this.

Larry

2015 F350 Ultra Lariat 6.7L CCLB DRW 3.73 Limited Slip, Green Gem Metallic w/ Caribou accent, Camper Package, Titan 65gal tank, Rapid Heat, Block Heater, Upfitter Switches, Dual Alternators, Camper Package, Cable Lock, Husky Floor Liners, Spray in Bedliner, 5th Wheel Prep, 25K 5th Wheel Hitch, Ford Goose Neck Hitch.

Traded 2011 F350 XLT CCLB SRW 6.2L gasser 6,000 miles for 2015

Sold 1996 F350 XLT CCLB DRW 7.3L 208,000 miles

post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-27-2019, 07:45 AM

My Photos: (10)
Actually the As Built part of the programming has to do with the configuration of the modules depending on how the vehicle was equipped. The calibration can not be returned to the original unless there have been no updates. When flashing a Ford module it can only be programmed to the latest calibration. Most modules are flashed individually with a few exceptions. Most of the time the PCM/TCM are flashed at the same time. On the 6.0 trucks you had to flash the PCM/TCM & FICM at the same time. When tuning a 6.7 truck the calibration is changed on the PCM & TCM although most tuners give you options to alter the As Built files for things like tire size and gear ratio.

2012 F250 XLT
6.7 CCSB 4X4 Sterling Grey, B&W Turnover Goosenech Hitch, Air Lift LoadLifter 5000, 50 gallon Transfer Flow replacement tank, Weather Tech mats

Last edited by gearhead1011; 03-27-2019 at 07:48 AM.
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-27-2019, 04:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gearhead1011 View Post
Actually the As Built part of the programming has to do with the configuration of the modules depending on how the vehicle was equipped. The calibration can not be returned to the original unless there have been no updates. When flashing a Ford module it can only be programmed to the latest calibration. Most modules are flashed individually with a few exceptions. Most of the time the PCM/TCM are flashed at the same time. On the 6.0 trucks you had to flash the PCM/TCM & FICM at the same time. When tuning a 6.7 truck the calibration is changed on the PCM & TCM although most tuners give you options to alter the As Built files for things like tire size and gear ratio.

That is what I said about the AB data. It is totally separate from the calibration files for the PCM/ECU and module calibration. What the AB data does can be seen in this spreadsheet many of us developed on another forum.

FORScan 2016 Super Duty - Google Sheets

There can be updates to the calibration of a module that is totally separate from the AB data values.

When one talks about taking a truck back to stock, it is usually the original calibration files stored on the tuner. When one "goes back to stock" via a dealer, then yes, you usually have the latest and want the latest calibration files. This does update areas of the PCM/ECU that the tuner might not change.

In fact, I still have the V91, V96-V105 calibration files stored on my computer. So, in theory, I could go back closer to "stock" than one might assume even though I would not want to regress that far back.

There are calibration files for modules such as the APIM or APM that can update the firmware of the modules.
HeavyAssault likes this.

Larry

2015 F350 Ultra Lariat 6.7L CCLB DRW 3.73 Limited Slip, Green Gem Metallic w/ Caribou accent, Camper Package, Titan 65gal tank, Rapid Heat, Block Heater, Upfitter Switches, Dual Alternators, Camper Package, Cable Lock, Husky Floor Liners, Spray in Bedliner, 5th Wheel Prep, 25K 5th Wheel Hitch, Ford Goose Neck Hitch.

Traded 2011 F350 XLT CCLB SRW 6.2L gasser 6,000 miles for 2015

Sold 1996 F350 XLT CCLB DRW 7.3L 208,000 miles

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com > 2011 - 2016 Ford Super Duties > 6.7L Upgrades and Aftermarket - Engine

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in