Tune writers - Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com
6.7L Upgrades and Aftermarket - Engine Upgrading or adding OEM or aftermarket equipment to your 2011-Up Super Duty truck with 6.7L Power Stroke diesel engine. Please confine discussion of topics in this forum to those items that are specific to the 6.7L Power Stroke engine.

5Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 17 (permalink) Old 02-16-2019, 11:28 AM Thread Starter
Lifetime Supporting Member

My Photos: (16)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Tune writers

Are there any good tune writers available anymore? I know PIP is out of business and KEM is not really that good. My buddy is looking for just 2 good tunes for a deleted 2012 6.7 for towing and daily driver, that will provide good overall performance and hopefully better fuel economy.

2012 F-350 SD Crew Cab, SRW, LWB, 4 X 4, FX4 Offroad, Bilsteins and Bilstein Steering Stableizer, AirLift Air Bags with onboard compressor, BedLocker electric bed cover, Hellwig 1 1/4 inch rear anti-sway bar, White Platinum w/Adobe, Navigation, Moon Roof, 5th Wheel Prep, Step Tail Gate, front 2 inch receiver, completely insulated, Pioneer speakers, King Ranch Package

'99 E-350 HiTop Companion Van Conversion, 7.3 SD Diesel, 5-tune DP Tuner, Triple AutoMeter C2 A-pillar gauge pod, dash mount AutoMeter C2 fuel pressure gauge, twin K&N's, 203* mod, Deraler tubed trannie pan, B&M trannie cooler, AirLift air bags, Bilsteins, 4" DiamondEye turbo back exhaust, Air Dog fuel filtration system, Hutch mod, header wrapped and high temperature painted Bellowed Up-Pipes.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 17 (permalink) Old 02-16-2019, 06:32 PM

My Photos: (0)
There is a button on the gear shift lever for the towing tune. Other than that he would be wasting his money. Why don't people just buy a Mustang and tune that. These are trucks people. They have lots of H/P's and torque.
Here is my go fast beast.
556 H.P. 559 torque at the wheels.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_0116.JPG
Views:	28
Size:	2.61 MB
ID:	126676  

larrgh likes this.

Last edited by Stroking it; 02-16-2019 at 06:36 PM.
post #3 of 17 (permalink) Old 02-16-2019, 06:56 PM Thread Starter

LOL, where do you people come from. I asked a very simple question, hopefully to be answered by someone that knows a little something about deleting and tuning. If you're satisfied with your truck, that's great. Some have valid reasons for modifications and are not looking for advice about gearshift buttons and mustangs.

2012 F-350 SD Crew Cab, SRW, LWB, 4 X 4, FX4 Offroad, Bilsteins and Bilstein Steering Stableizer, AirLift Air Bags with onboard compressor, BedLocker electric bed cover, Hellwig 1 1/4 inch rear anti-sway bar, White Platinum w/Adobe, Navigation, Moon Roof, 5th Wheel Prep, Step Tail Gate, front 2 inch receiver, completely insulated, Pioneer speakers, King Ranch Package

'99 E-350 HiTop Companion Van Conversion, 7.3 SD Diesel, 5-tune DP Tuner, Triple AutoMeter C2 A-pillar gauge pod, dash mount AutoMeter C2 fuel pressure gauge, twin K&N's, 203* mod, Deraler tubed trannie pan, B&M trannie cooler, AirLift air bags, Bilsteins, 4" DiamondEye turbo back exhaust, Air Dog fuel filtration system, Hutch mod, header wrapped and high temperature painted Bellowed Up-Pipes.

Last edited by clev; 02-16-2019 at 06:59 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 17 (permalink) Old 02-16-2019, 07:35 PM

Most tunes and deleting do no increase MPG.....think if he lifts his lead foot would be the best tune...

Larry

2015 F350 Ultra Lariat 6.7L CCLB DRW 3.73 Limited Slip, Green Gem Metallic w/ Caribou accent, Camper Package, Titan 65gal tank, Rapid Heat, Block Heater, Upfitter Switches, Dual Alternators, Camper Package, Cable Lock, Husky Floor Liners, Spray in Bedliner, 5th Wheel Prep, 25K 5th Wheel Hitch, Ford Goose Neck Hitch.

Traded 2011 F350 XLT CCLB SRW 6.2L gasser 6,000 miles for 2015

Sold 1996 F350 XLT CCLB DRW 7.3L 208,000 miles

post #5 of 17 (permalink) Old 02-16-2019, 08:55 PM Thread Starter

Guys, please, you're preaching to the choir. The work has been done, the vehicle has been programmed, just looking for tune writers, not advice about throttle, buttons, waste of time......

post #6 of 17 (permalink) Old 02-17-2019, 06:37 AM

Your buddy did all this to his truck and now he needs a tune?
post #7 of 17 (permalink) Old 02-17-2019, 07:10 AM Thread Starter

I haven't been on this site in a while, but I don't remember it being this difficult to get a question answered. Let me double check. Yes, I'm in the correct forum; 6.7 Upgrades and Aftermarket. Yes, this is the forum for discussing deletes and programming. HMMM? So, if you haven't deleted, are not programming, and can't answer the question, why are you wasting your time? Newbies from 2 months ago should perhaps rethink their position before criticizing long term members. They may need advice one day.
HeavyAssault likes this.

post #8 of 17 (permalink) Old 02-17-2019, 10:36 PM

Wrenching on a truck then asking about a tuner. Just goes to show you don't know what you are doing in the first place. By the way you know your violating federal law. further more people like you love the smell of your exhaust but sitting in the cab you smell nothing. There isn't any reason to remove anything related to smog from your truck just because you own a 14MM end wrench. Put the truck back to stock and you won't be back here wondering why the truck won't run.
Phillippeterson likes this.
post #9 of 17 (permalink) Old 02-18-2019, 08:27 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stroking it View Post
Wrenching on a truck then asking about a tuner. Just goes to show you don't know what you are doing in the first place. By the way you know your violating federal law. further more people like you love the smell of your exhaust but sitting in the cab you smell nothing. There isn't any reason to remove anything related to smog from your truck just because you own a 14MM end wrench. Put the truck back to stock and you won't be back here wondering why the truck won't run.
Good grief! Who in the He!! are you or who in the He!! to you think you are? Do you have the capability of understanding the English language? Nothing was said about this being my truck; didn't you know it's illegal to modify exhaust systems? I am really getting tired of dealing with your ignorant a$$, but I will explain one more time and then block you. 'MY BUDDY' modified his truck about 4 years ago with KEM tunes which were a great improvement over stock. PIP tunes were a recommendation from this site and I passed that on to him and he bought them and loaded them onto his X4 and used them for about 2 years. Now, with a lot of companies going out of business, 'HE' is curious if anyone is still writing tunes; it's like tools in your tool chest; he has about 10 and is looking for a few more before they are no longer available. Now, a$$7865, are you satisfied? Good grief! Where do you ignorant buttheads come from. You don't have to answer that; YOUR BLOCKED!!

post #10 of 17 (permalink) Old 02-18-2019, 09:33 AM

My Photos: (10)
I have heard of gearhead tunes (not related to my username) but don't have any info as to if they are still writing delete tunes or where to contact them. I think the EPA has cracked down on the delete stuff in the last 5 or so years and has made it more difficult to find that kind of stuff. I understand the rational that is getting the unwanted comments you have got on this thread but I also understand how the emission stuff on these trucks has made them unreliable. Good luck.

2012 F250 XLT
6.7 CCSB 4X4 Sterling Grey, B&W Turnover Goosenech Hitch, Air Lift LoadLifter 5000, 50 gallon Transfer Flow replacement tank, Weather Tech mats
post #11 of 17 (permalink) Old 02-18-2019, 04:47 PM Thread Starter

Sorry for the late reply, gear, and thank you for the input. That's my buddy's point of view; pretty soon there will be no tune writers. I remember programming DTV cards 15-20 years ago, and then Black Sunday. DTV sent a signal that killed everything card and then there were no more programmers.

post #12 of 17 (permalink) Old 02-18-2019, 05:43 PM

I guess you missed my POINT
It is against Federal law to remove smog equipment from cars and trucks.
Second you don't remove the DPF without already having a tune in hand.
Third Do you think tuner who gets mentioned here wants the feds at his door?
Forth I hate the fact that guys think it's ok to yank this stuff off there trucks and improve the truck.
They spent extra money to have a diesel and as soon as they get it they feel the need to improve the exhaust system only to find they have screwed up there truck.
Even car guys leave the O2 sensors in the exhaust when they modify it.
Your buddy now has a truck he can't drive and you wonder who I am. I am not the environmental police. But I do want clean air and water. Cut down every tree on earth if you want but stop polluting my air Dude.
larrgh likes this.

Last edited by Stroking it; 02-18-2019 at 06:01 PM.
post #13 of 17 (permalink) Old 02-18-2019, 07:40 PM Thread Starter

Gearhead, my buddy called and said he called gearhead tuners but was put on hold. After about 10 minutes, he hung up. Not sure if he called back or not. He did say to thank you for the recommendation.

post #14 of 17 (permalink) Old 02-21-2019, 06:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by clev View Post
Are there any good tune writers available anymore? I know PIP is out of business and KEM is not really that good. My buddy is looking for just 2 good tunes for a deleted 2012 6.7 for towing and daily driver, that will provide good overall performance and hopefully better fuel economy.
Tyrant tow tune. On sct tuner. Yes, your mpg will increase, your fuel dilution in the oil will drop, it will shift better, it will be much more reliable, and it will last longer.
HeavyAssault likes this.

Last edited by Claluja; 02-21-2019 at 06:44 PM.
post #15 of 17 (permalink) Old 02-22-2019, 05:36 PM Thread Starter

Thank you, Claluja; I'll pass it on.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com > 2011 - 2016 Ford Super Duties > 6.7L Upgrades and Aftermarket - Engine

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in