Has Road Armor got their act together? - Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com
'11-16 Upgrades and Aftermarket Upgrading or adding OEM or aftermarket equipment to your 2011-Up Super Duty.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 12-15-2013, 11:09 AM Thread Starter

My Photos: (0)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Has Road Armor got their act together?

A few searches on this forum and others turns up nightmare after nightmare but nothing recently. I like how their stuff is a little different. Everyone around here runs ranch hand and I'm kinda tired of seeing them.

Thoughts?

'99 F250 PSD 4wd CC LWB, 400+K Hard Miles!!! Sold
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Never been in the shop in it's life!!!
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

this truck was the WINNER of the 2013 Tough Truck Challenge by Ford Commercial Vehicles Division! that's how we got the '14!

'14 F350 LWB SRW Crew Cab Lariat

'00 Excursion 7.3 2wd
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 12-22-2013, 06:21 PM Thread Starter

No one? I'm also looking at fab fours and like them as well.

'99 F250 PSD 4wd CC LWB, 400+K Hard Miles!!! Sold

Never been in the shop in it's life!!!

this truck was the WINNER of the 2013 Tough Truck Challenge by Ford Commercial Vehicles Division! that's how we got the '14!

'14 F350 LWB SRW Crew Cab Lariat

'00 Excursion 7.3 2wd
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 12-22-2013, 10:01 PM

My Photos: (4)
My pickup has Fab Fours full replacement front and back bumpers and I like them, but they look similar to Ranch hand in my eyes. I didn't know anything was wrong with Road Armor but I have never looked into them at all.

My friend just put Iron Cross on his truck and they look a lot like Road Armor to me. The only thing I didn't like about them was it had "Iron Cross" cut out of the front and was kind of large. But the bumper looked pretty nice.

2012 F350 Lariat ultimate 6.7 PSD LB CC SRW Fx4,
67 F-250 Project truck, currently in a billion pieces
70 F-250 4x4 (highboy)
Past trucks: 07 F-350 xlt 6.0 PSD LB CC SRW 4x4, black on tan, A/T, 5" exhaust w/4" downpipe, SCT livewire
Traded in 04 F-250 xlt 6.0 PSD SB extcab 4x4, 6spd, all stock and 97 F-250HD xlt 7.3 PSD extcab LB 4x4, 5spd, Superchips tuner, 4" turbo back exaust, K&N CAI, 02 intercooler installed, Sold
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 12-24-2013, 08:45 PM

I bought my road armor front bumper in 2011 and didn't have many issues. It wasn't the easiest bumper to install but I managed to install it in my garage with help of two friends with some patience and has proven itself worthy after some parking lot incidents and two medium size deer.
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 12-24-2013, 08:46 PM

I believe iron cross had some sort of relation with people that broke off from road armor
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 12-25-2013, 08:10 AM
Lifetime Supporting Member
Lifetime Supporting Member

I just ordered the Road Armor Titan Guard for my F350. You get a substantial military discount if you send in a copy of your military ID. I went back and forth for months between Warn, Road Armor, Fab Four, Buckstop, etc. In the end, I just liked the design and look for Road Armor. Plus it accepts the Warn 16.5 winch. Will probably order the rear bumper too. Send me a PM and I can provide the email address of the POC at Road Armor for ordering and discounts.

2002 F350 Lariat
, crew cab, dually, 4x4, turbo back 4" exhaust, Superpack chip, AFE II cold air intake, overboost chip, reworked turbo with new housing and stator vanes, ATS transmission pan, 6.0 transmission cooler, quad pod on A pillar, tripod on the dash, tripod under dash. All vital engine functions covered and monitored.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com > 2011 - 2016 Ford Super Duties > '11-16 Upgrades and Aftermarket

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in