2015 F350 high beams not working - Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com
'11-16 General Questions General questions related to 2011-Up Super Duty trucks. If it doesn't fit the other categories, post it here. Gas engine discussion that pertains to all models is allowed. Specific gas engine questions should use the Gas Engines forum.

2Likes
  • 2 Post By Dsmithkando

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 11-26-2019, 07:52 PM Thread Starter

My Photos: (0)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
2015 F350 high beams not working

I have a 2015 F350 and the high beams went out on me. When I push the multifunction switch forwards the highs would flash for a second and then all the headlights go out. Same thing go if I pull it back. I have check the fuse in the passage compartment and it is still good. The high beam indicator light on the dash does not come on. So I am thinking it might be the multifunction switch. Does anyone else have some insight to this issue.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 11-27-2019, 08:02 AM

My Photos: (1)
Garage
Noting on these trucks does not involve a module to operate. Your headlamps involve two, three if you have autolamps. If I were you I would scan the truck for codes, Specifically the BCM and the steering wheel control module before touching anything. Keep in mind that headlamp operation requires network communication as there is no direct link between the main light switch, the multifunction switch and the steering column control module. This means that you poking around disconnecting modules and connectors, switches and fuses can cause erroneous codes to be set that can complicate diagnosis AND something totally unrelated to the headlamps could be causing your problem. Recording codes beforehand will be an asset should you proceed.

You have already checked the obvious... time for help.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2019 Ford Fusion ENERGI Titanium Plug-in Hybrid
Ford Senior Master Diesel Technician
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Diesel Technician Society
Diesel Mentor Directory

Last edited by ford_doctor; 11-27-2019 at 08:08 AM.
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 11-27-2019, 11:16 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ford_doctor View Post
Noting on these trucks does not involve a module to operate. Your headlamps involve two, three if you have autolamps. If I were you I would scan the truck for codes, Specifically the BCM and the steering wheel control module before touching anything. Keep in mind that headlamp operation requires network communication as there is no direct link between the main light switch, the multifunction switch and the steering column control module. This means that you poking around disconnecting modules and connectors, switches and fuses can cause erroneous codes to be set that can complicate diagnosis AND something totally unrelated to the headlamps could be causing your problem. Recording codes beforehand will be an asset should you proceed.

You have already checked the obvious... time for help.
So even if my low beams work and the beams don’t I should plug in and check the BCM is there something specific I should be looking for?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 11-28-2019, 09:30 AM Thread Starter

I want to just update this post with what I found. I hooked up the computer to the truck and found three faults on three different BCM’s. Two of the faults were ground issues causing left and right high beams to shut off. The three was a fault turning off the high beam indicator on the dash. I check over the truck and did not find any lose wires. But I did hook the plow up the night before in a snow storm. So I end up resetting the three BCM’s and everything came back. High beams are working correctly and indicator light on dash is working.

Thanks for your help.
HeavyAssault and ford_doctor like this.
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 11-28-2019, 10:59 AM

My Photos: (1)
Garage
Excellent!!!

I see a few of these faults every year at the start of Winter. A circuit issue with plow lighting will cause the BCM or BCM-B to disable the lighting circuits. That is what they do and yes, clearing the codes after repairing/removing the fault is not uncommon. Time to check your plow lighting wiring - I have seen several plow modules cause problems too but those were usually on new installations.

2019 Ford Fusion ENERGI Titanium Plug-in Hybrid
Ford Senior Master Diesel Technician

Diesel Technician Society
Diesel Mentor Directory

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com > 2011 - 2016 Ford Super Duties > '11-16 General Questions

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in