3 year warranty about to expire - Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com
'11-16 General Questions General questions related to 2011-Up Super Duty trucks. If it doesn't fit the other categories, post it here. Gas engine discussion that pertains to all models is allowed. Specific gas engine questions should use the Gas Engines forum.

2Likes
  • 1 Post By ford_doctor
  • 1 Post By Phil G.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-27-2018, 04:44 AM Thread Starter

My Photos: (0)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
3 year warranty about to expire

Anything I should take it in for,dont have any known problems..
trk has 11500 on it

2016 F350 FX4 CC Lariat pkg-diesel 6.7

Last edited by jwbboat; 05-27-2018 at 04:54 AM. Reason: put in milage
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-27-2018, 07:11 AM

Suggestion, try fd-warranty.com. Troy.

Also Flood or Ziegler.

Do it while truck still under factory 3/36 warranty. Painless. If after the 3/36 expires, then truck classed as “used”, and deale inspection required to get it.

And I think Ford no longer refers to it as Ford ESP.

Good luck.
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-27-2018, 07:24 AM

My Photos: (1)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by jwbboat View Post
Anything I should take it in for,dont have any known problems..
trk has 11500 on it

If you don't have any problems with your truck then why would you take it in to service?

Quote:
Originally Posted by CajunMick View Post
Suggestion, try fd-warranty.com. Troy.

Also Flood or Ziegler.

Do it while truck still under factory 3/36 warranty. Painless. If after the 3/36 expires, then truck classed as “used”, and deale inspection required to get it.

And I think Ford no longer refers to it as Ford ESP.

Good luck.

Ford extended warranties are still called "ESP" and the website to learn all about every plan Ford sells is https://fordprotect.ford.com/ Then go shopping around for price. Keep in mind that there is NO SUCH THING as Bumper to Bumper coverage as even the best plans do not cover every little thing on the truck. Ford's best plan is the Premium care which does cover a lot and is good if your truck has a lot of high tech stuff in it. I am not a fan of the maintenance plans as I am of the opinion they only cover the bare minimum especially on the diesels.

HeavyAssault likes this.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2019 Ford Fusion ENERGI Titanium Plug-in Hybrid
Ford Senior Master Diesel Technician
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Diesel Technician Society
Diesel Mentor Directory

Last edited by ford_doctor; 05-27-2018 at 07:37 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-28-2018, 06:32 AM Thread Starter

I agree...just thought there might be some issues I am not aware of,that should be taken care of in the 3-36...with all the knowledge on here....

post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-28-2018, 07:25 AM

Garage
Quote:
I agree...just thought there might be some issues I am not aware of,that should be taken care of in the 3-36...with all the knowledge on here....
well warranty does not work like that. We can't "fix" things that are not broken just because they "might" break or there is a bulletin...

Diesel Mentor Directory

post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-29-2018, 07:44 AM

In my case, truck is 2011, 69,xxx mikes. ESP expired last July. Tried for reset, renew. Nothing there, no one quoting at least of a Ford plan. Finally, got someone to offer a Ford plan, as “used” vehicle plan. Requires dealer inspection. Hoping to get that this week.

In my case, can’t do the Premium, but considering option of next plan under the Premium care. At least the duration and mileage fits budget, and ownership plans, both RV and truck.

My main concern is fuel system. Hearing and reading too many horror stories of fuel system failures and that very costly! Fuel pump and injectors. Engine related stuff.

$1000 repairs I can handle. $6000 is a bit much to fork over.

Seriously consider unloaded truck , go for new. Another brand has diesel power, with 5 yr, 100k warranty. And can handle our light RV, in terms of towing AND payload. But don’t want another note to pay.
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-31-2018, 06:15 AM Thread Starter

as I posted,..i thought there might be..a KNOWN issue...that I am not aware of,..that I should get taken care of...….in the boat world,these are known as service bulletins...….

Last edited by jwbboat; 05-31-2018 at 06:18 AM.
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-31-2018, 11:29 AM

Garage
Quote:
as I posted,..i thought there might be..a KNOWN issue...that I am not aware of,..that I should get taken care of...….in the boat world,these are known as service bulletins...….

Yes and apparently you do not understand. We call the Technical Service Bulletins or "TSB" that Ford publishes. TSB's only apply when a condition or failure ACTUALLY exists.

NOTE: The information in Technical Service Bulletins is intended for use by trained, professional technicians with the knowledge, tools, and equipment to do the job properly and safely. It informs these technicians of conditions that may occur on some vehicles, or provides information that could assist in proper vehicle service. The procedures should not be performed by "do-it-yourselfers". Do not assume that a condition described affects your car or truck. Contact a Ford or Lincoln dealership to determine whether the Bulletin applies to your vehicle.Warranty Policy and Extended Service Plan documentation determine Warranty and/or Extended Service Plan coverage unless stated otherwise in the TSB article. The information in this Technical Service Bulletin (TSB) was current at the time of printing. Ford Motor Company reserves the right to supersede this information with updates. The most recent information is available through Ford Motor Company's on-line technical resources.

Diesel Mentor Directory

post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-01-2018, 08:39 AM Thread Starter

my request for info,in this instance,..was from owners....thanks for your....helpful...info

post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-01-2018, 09:08 AM
Lifetime Supporting Member
Lifetime Supporting Member

My Photos: (12)
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Even if another owner has had a problem with their truck that is covered by a TSB it doesn't mean that you will have the same problem and I doubt that if you take your truck in and say that you heard of the XYZ problem that they would do much other than perhaps inspect the affected part.

It would be nice if we could take a vehicle into the dealer with a month or 100 miles left on the warranty and tell them to go through it and fix everything bad to brand new on their dime but it doesn't work that way.

96 F250 PS XLT 4X4 long box, 5sp,4.10, manual hubs,pyro+boost guages, Dark Toumaline, add a leaf, Dale's TYMAR, and HX hose, downpipe, coolant filter, Luk clutch
post #11 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-01-2018, 10:16 AM Thread Starter

Yep,i'm fully aware of how it works...i have owned numerous new trks in my 61 yrs...i have seen posts before,about the same thing,..and with info...anyway...just thought i'd ck.......i would delete the post,if i could....disregard....

Last edited by jwbboat; 06-01-2018 at 10:36 AM.
post #12 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-01-2018, 06:24 PM

My Photos: (2)
Your initial post but it was pretty brief and left it open for interpretation. I didn't initially reply because my truck is the wrong generation to offer any specifics to your question.

I believe I understand the spirit of what you were asking and in no way were you asking for Ford to fix things that don't need fixing. I had the same thought process as you when my trucks were running out of warranty.

This probably would only yield something of value if you have a great relationship with the service department where you bought your truck and generally the smaller the dealer, the more helpful they will be in this regard. On at least 2 of my 4 new SD's, just before the warranty expired, I booked the truck in for a full service and when I got there, I asked if while they had the truck up on the hoist, if they would give it a fairly detailed exam since the warranty was expiring. I even offered to pay a 1/2-1 hour extra labor for it but I don't think they ever charged me for it. Now this is a service department that knew me by name when I walked through the door and seemed genuinely happy to see me. I'm not sure the same experience is possible at some of these newer huge mega dealerships.
jwbboat likes this.

2007 F350 SRW 6.0L Auto, 3.73LS, 172"WB 4x4. Viper Alarm/RS, WD pillar Guages,AutoEnginuity, 100gal polished alum fuel tank.
All Sold: 99.5, early03 , 2004 - all were 172" wb 4x4 lariat's.

My Worklog - *Updated 8/18 with Edge CTS2 install click here =>*:
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com > 2011 - 2016 Ford Super Duties > '11-16 General Questions

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in