Any insight on a '2011 F250 6.7L - Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com
'11-16 General Questions General questions related to 2011-Up Super Duty trucks. If it doesn't fit the other categories, post it here. Gas engine discussion that pertains to all models is allowed. Specific gas engine questions should use the Gas Engines forum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 08-08-2018, 02:40 PM Thread Starter

My Photos: (0)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Any insight on a '2011 F250 6.7L

I might be buying my first diesel it’s 2011 F250 with 45,000 miles, has 3.55 gear and made date of 11/10. Is there anything I should take a close look at and problems I should be aware of?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 08-08-2018, 04:04 PM

My Photos: (0)
This truck should not have the engine problem that plagued the early production 2011's (30 March 2010 and before).

Check the instrument cluster and look at the engines hours verses idle hours. Ask a Ford Dealer to run an OASIS report on the truck VIN. Ask the seller for any maintenance records or what they performed. If buying from a car lot/dealer, ask for the previous owner info and contact them for info.

Larry

2015 F350 Ultra Lariat 6.7L CCLB DRW 3.73 Limited Slip, Green Gem Metallic w/ Caribou accent, Camper Package, Titan 65gal tank, Rapid Heat, Block Heater, Upfitter Switches, Dual Alternators, Camper Package, Cable Lock, Husky Floor Liners, Spray in Bedliner, 5th Wheel Prep, 25K 5th Wheel Hitch, Ford Goose Neck Hitch.

Traded 2011 F350 XLT CCLB SRW 6.2L gasser 6,000 miles for 2015

Sold 1996 F350 XLT CCLB DRW 7.3L 208,000 miles

post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 08-11-2018, 01:09 PM

My Photos: (17)
‘Good responses here so far. I would ask around & find a dependable, trustworthy diesel mechanic in your area unless you already know one. I would offer to pay him something to go over the truck as if this were his purchase & I would do this BEFORE you buy it. If the seller has a problem with this then you don’t want the vehicle. He may be hiding something. If some problem turns up & you don’t buy the truck then the money would still be well spent because you will have saved a pile of trouble.
I take my truck to my diesel tech every 15,000 miles to change the fuel filters even though I am capable of performing this simple service because I also have him check the truck over completely (once again, as if it were his truck). This interval seems about right to me & he agrees. Also, I trust him & he does this for a living. He very likely may find something I might miss.
Good luck!

2013 F-350 Lariat 6.7 L PSD Crew Cab Dually, FX4, white platinum metalic tri-coat with black interior, N-Fab step bars, factory spray-in bedliner and 5th wheel hitch, trailer tow package, integrated brake controller, upfitter switches, Sync with My Ford Touch, memory group, remote start, reverse sensing with rear view camera, nav, satillite radio, Weather Tech floor mats, limited slip diff, moon roof, climate controlled seats, engine block heater and tailgate step.

2014 Lifestyle (formerly Carriage) 5th wheel 38' long with 3 slides & all the goodies.

SOLD: 2005 F-350 Lariat, 6.0 PSD, Torqueshift auto trans, crew cab, SRW, short box, FX4, ESOF, limited slip dif., tow command, upfitter switches, 6 CD changer, Lariat Lux. package, camper package, engine block heater, triple A-pillar gauge set (Autometer) with pyrometer, trans temp & voltmeter, MBRP 4" cat back exhaust w/5" dual wall chrome tip, dark shadow gray/ med. flint interior.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com > 2011 - 2016 Ford Super Duties > '11-16 General Questions

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in