'Beep' when I turn left - Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com
'11-16 General Questions General questions related to 2011-Up Super Duty trucks. If it doesn't fit the other categories, post it here. Gas engine discussion that pertains to all models is allowed. Specific gas engine questions should use the Gas Engines forum.

1Likes
  • 1 Post By ford_doctor

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 12-01-2018, 07:17 AM Thread Starter

My Photos: (0)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
'Beep' when I turn left

I know I mentioned this before somewhere but I have a F350 2015 that has a beep when I ONLY turn left and sometimes when I sit on the drivers seat.

any suggestions? I know this is a stupid thing but it is happening, and of course it doesn't do it when I turn right.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 12-02-2018, 09:52 AM

My Photos: (1)
Garage
Stupid things are fun to figure out. Is the beep like the chime sound? Do you notice ANY indicators on the instrument cluster like seat belt, Door Ajar... that sort of thing? It's probably happening fast and difficult to notice and being attentive and observant is the best place to start.
HeavyAssault likes this.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2016 Ford Fusion ENERGI Titanium Plug-in Hybrid
Ford Senior Master Diesel Technician
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Diesel Technician Society
Diesel Mentor Directory

post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 12-03-2018, 07:10 AM Thread Starter

yes, it is stupid.

nothing on desk readings, no lights lite up. doors shut and seat belt on.

it is a 'beep' and it appears it is coming from under the dash. it didn't do it when i purchased the truck and then it started later and at times it stops doing it.

the turning left specifically causes the beep....at times. and I've noticed that I can cause the same beep when i push on the drivers seat or sit on it a little heavy. ummmmm? is the word for the day.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 12-21-2018, 04:58 PM

This is just a swag (scientific wild ass guess) but it sounds like a flaky seat belt switch in the seat is causing feedback in one of the gem's under the dash. I have no idea if the seat belt indicator circuitry is tied into the door chime that alerts you to the seat belt not being connected or not. But, it could be a faulty relay or a bad ground. Like I said, just a swag.

my .02 cents worth
short_stuff

Y2K F250 CC PSD Auto, Short-bed Lariat, Woodland Green/Gold, ordered 07/10/99, born 09/12/99, delivered 10/08/99, Bed mat, Zoodad mod, Viper Remote Start Alarm, Fumoto valve, undercoated, 156k somewhat trouble-free miles (so far), Edge Evolution (60 HP setting), Pioneer DVD/CD/iPod/XM satellite, backup camera, aluminum camper shell to replace the ROLLX that I had on the bed

Repairs: CPS, Water Separator Valve assembly, rear axle bearings, VSS, batteries, brakes, alternator, serpentine belt (x2) and tension pullies, all 4 power lock actuators, water pump, air conditioning lines and compressor, battery cables, replaced the leather oem seat covers with very good leather replacements (found a great place and price from a place in Dallas that custom makes them)

2016 Subaru Outback (Wife's commuter car)

2016 Starcraft Autumn Ridge 29ft TT
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com > 2011 - 2016 Ford Super Duties > '11-16 General Questions

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in