Lowering bed height of F350 - Page 2 - Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com
'11-16 General Questions General questions related to 2011-Up Super Duty trucks. If it doesn't fit the other categories, post it here. Gas engine discussion that pertains to all models is allowed. Specific gas engine questions should use the Gas Engines forum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #16 of 27 (permalink) Old 07-27-2015, 11:35 AM

My Photos: (0)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
fx4 does nothing for the ride height.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #17 of 27 (permalink) Old 08-12-2015, 06:48 PM

Need part numbers for the F250
2 inch rear blocks (flat, non-tapered).

I can't seem to source them at the dealer. Every rear block from MY 2010-2015 is a 4 inch block according to the dealer. I know some 2010-mid2013 F250's had the 2 inch rear blocks.

Anyone know the part numbers?

Thanks!
post #18 of 27 (permalink) Old 06-15-2017, 01:21 PM

I have a new 2016 f-250 super duty and it sits 3" taller at top of box higher than my older one. If it was 3" shorter in the rear I would spend the money to put a hitch in it to pull my 5th wheel. Any constructive ideas would be appreciated . The 5th already is nose high even with adjusting the king pin etc.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #19 of 27 (permalink) Old 06-16-2017, 05:11 AM

When I added a 2 1/2" front leveling system to my 99' F250 with stock 4" blocks in the rear. It lowered the trailer hitch 1 1/2- 2". I had to raise my ball mount to get my travel trailer level again. I'm not sure that would help at all in your situation.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

1999.5 F-250, 7.3L powerstroke diesel, extended cab Super Duty,short box, 8'-6" Fisher XTREMEV snowplow,Hypertech power programmer III,Banks Trans Command,Detroit locker in rear end,6 disc cd changer,brush quard,2 1/2" Tuff country leveling kit in front,285/75/16" ,Goodyear MT/R with Kevlar tires on MB wheels,Rancho RS9000X shocks
post #20 of 27 (permalink) Old 06-16-2017, 10:06 AM

My Photos: (8)
I took the 31/2 inch blocks out of my 99 DRW and set the springs right on the axle. Truck still has about 1 inch of rake front to back. Open tailgate hight was lowered 5 inches!! Added air bags so when I tow 5th wheel or heavy trailer I can adjust truck to what I want. This also keeps the headlights pointed properly. I believe the Airbags also help prevent any issues with the driveline. I have traded out F350 for F250 blocks in two other trucks with no problems, but I am very happy getting rid of them all together. This was originally a Ford SB (later revised) for the 99 trucks when they figured out the raised bed was causing problems for the 5th wheel guys.
DENNY

Early 1999 F350 AUTO 4x4 CC LB DRW 4.10 6.0 trans cooler, Front hitch, 2,000 hubs/ brakes, Bilstein shocks/steering stabilizer, Diesel site coolant filter 203 thermostat, EBV delete, new O-rings, new Oil cooler, RIFF RAFF FRX, Glow plug led, Pillar gauges, Lighted cupholder, Painless wiring fuze block, Harpoon/hutch mods, Removed axle blocks. Air bags, 5 wheel hitch, In bed 7 pin plug. Spare tire key delete. KLHANSEN on speed dial. 75,000 as of May 2019
post #21 of 27 (permalink) Old 06-20-2017, 07:33 AM
DKR

Quote:
Originally Posted by johndeerefarmer View Post
I really need to lower the bed height of my '15 F350. With my new fiver I am sitting at 13'5" give or take a half inch. This is way to close to the 13'6" of some overpasses. I have lowered the pin box as far as possible and the Pullrite slider isn't adjustable. I have read in the past of others taking out the F350 blocks and installing F250 blocks. If I do this, what issues will I have? I have read of driveline issues?
What parts do I need besides the new blocks, and new axle u bolts? Oh and I guess shorter shocks for a F250.

We tow a 40' 5th wheel with our F350SRW and with the Sat dish and vent covers we are over 13'6" just a little. My truck suspension hasn't been modified with the exception of air bags which I run at about 20psi when towing and the truck is level from front to back when towing.

In the 5 years of towing only once have we been greatly concerned about an overpass, it was (naturally)in Oklahoma and the road had been resurfaced and the sign said 14'2". All we did was rather than take a chance we went down to the next exit and turned around and came back. The government sets the minimum at 14'.

We use an app called AllStays whenever traveling and love it. It has a bunch of features one of which is a low clearance warning you can set at any height starting at 15' and it is pretty accurate.

Unless you are going to be spending all your time on little country roads in BFE I don't think 13' 5" will actually be an issue, but it's not my truck and this is only a free opinion and you get what you pay for.
post #22 of 27 (permalink) Old 06-20-2017, 05:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DKR View Post
We use an app called AllStays whenever traveling and love it. It has a bunch of features one of which is a low clearance warning you can set at any height starting at 15' and it is pretty accurate.
Do you have more info about this app? maybe a photo of the app? i checked google play and saw 6 or 8 apps with similar name.

thanks

Larry

2015 F350 Ultra Lariat 6.7L CCLB DRW 3.73 Limited Slip, Green Gem Metallic w/ Caribou accent, Camper Package, Titan 65gal tank, Rapid Heat, Block Heater, Upfitter Switches, Dual Alternators, Camper Package, Cable Lock, Husky Floor Liners, Spray in Bedliner, 5th Wheel Prep, 25K 5th Wheel Hitch, Ford Goose Neck Hitch.

Traded 2011 F350 XLT CCLB SRW 6.2L gasser 6,000 miles for 2015

Sold 1996 F350 XLT CCLB DRW 7.3L 208,000 miles

post #23 of 27 (permalink) Old 06-21-2017, 03:56 PM
DKR

It's called;

ALLSTAYS CAMP & RV
Tent Camping to RV Parks
Allstays LLC

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...ays.app.camprv
post #24 of 27 (permalink) Old 06-21-2017, 06:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DKR View Post
It's called;

ALLSTAYS CAMP & RV
Tent Camping to RV Parks
Allstays LLC

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...ays.app.camprv
I use this too. I also have a Garmin RV GPS that I use for routing. I have it set up to avoid any bridges less than 13' 6". There is an 11' 6" bridge near where we are staying now. The GPS routed us around it.

2016 F350 CCLB
post #25 of 27 (permalink) Old 07-15-2017, 03:53 PM
Lifetime Supporting Member
Lifetime Supporting Member

My Photos: (16)
Will the Ford Sync GPS allow setting in a minimum height?

2012 F-350 SD Crew Cab, SRW, LWB, 4 X 4, FX4 Offroad, Bilsteins and Bilstein Steering Stableizer, AirLift Air Bags with onboard compressor, BedLocker electric bed cover, Hellwig 1 1/4 inch rear anti-sway bar, 2017 G37 Turbo, ATS Stage I towing transmission kit, White Platinum w/Adobe, Navigation, Moon Roof, 5th Wheel Prep, Step Tail Gate, front 2 inch receiver, completely insulated, Pioneer speakers, King Ranch Package

'99 E-350 HiTop Companion Van Conversion, 7.3 SD Diesel, 5-tune DP Tuner, Triple AutoMeter C2 A-pillar gauge pod, dash mount AutoMeter C2 fuel pressure gauge, twin K&N's, 203* mod, Deraler tubed trannie pan, B&M trannie cooler, AirLift air bags, Bilsteins, 4" DiamondEye turbo back exhaust, Air Dog fuel filtration system, Hutch mod, header wrapped and high temperature painted Bellowed Up-Pipes.
post #26 of 27 (permalink) Old 07-15-2017, 08:11 PM

My Photos: (12)
I just swapped the 4 inch blocks (really 3 3/4 inch) for the F250 blocks (really a little less than 2 inches) and it did result in a driveline shudder when in first gear (a lot of trucks do this when loaded heavy, even my 03 has always done it). I swapped the blocks back to stock and raised the trailer one inch, raised the pin box another inch and everything is now level (I am well below the 13.5 foot limit. These trucks are really too tall, but I hated the look of the rear sitting lower than the front (looked overloaded when t really wasn't (my pin weight is only 1500 pounds.

If it makes you feel better to replace the ubolts, then go for it - According to Ford you don't have to (dealers don't).

Send me a PM if you are interesting in purchasing the 2 inch blocks and u-bolts ($125).

2003 F250CC shorty Lariat 7.3 PSD, Jody Tipton Flash, Autometer boost and EGT gauges, Nordskog trans temp, fuel press, voltmeter. Banks exhaust, Hughes TC (replaced dead PI failed converter don't wast your money on the purple converter), Transgo tugger kit, Hyd oil filter on trans return line, custom HD y-pipe boot clamps, BW Patriot hitch, PML pans, Manual TC lock and indicator EBV delete the right way, bellowed Up-pipes. and too much others stuff -- 89 F250 7.3 IDI 4X4 tuff truck--Some KTM dirtbikes, 2001 Jetta TDI with 424,000 miles still running strong (hope this Ford lasts that long, 135,000 now).
post #27 of 27 (permalink) Old 07-16-2017, 05:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by clev View Post
Will the Ford Sync GPS allow setting in a minimum height?

No, it will not allow you to do that...

Larry

2015 F350 Ultra Lariat 6.7L CCLB DRW 3.73 Limited Slip, Green Gem Metallic w/ Caribou accent, Camper Package, Titan 65gal tank, Rapid Heat, Block Heater, Upfitter Switches, Dual Alternators, Camper Package, Cable Lock, Husky Floor Liners, Spray in Bedliner, 5th Wheel Prep, 25K 5th Wheel Hitch, Ford Goose Neck Hitch.

Traded 2011 F350 XLT CCLB SRW 6.2L gasser 6,000 miles for 2015

Sold 1996 F350 XLT CCLB DRW 7.3L 208,000 miles

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com > 2011 - 2016 Ford Super Duties > '11-16 General Questions

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

« Valve Clatter | New »