Tire Pressure Screen - Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com
'11-16 General Questions General questions related to 2011-Up Super Duty trucks. If it doesn't fit the other categories, post it here. Gas engine discussion that pertains to all models is allowed. Specific gas engine questions should use the Gas Engines forum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 13 (permalink) Old 12-12-2017, 09:40 PM Thread Starter

My Photos: (0)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Tire Pressure Screen

I just picked up my first Superduty last week, a 2015 F350 King Ranch Fx4 CCSB.

My first question is probably something I'm just over looking, but I can't seem to find the screen on the dash or the head unit that displays my tire pressure. Can anyone help point me to it?

Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old 12-12-2017, 10:39 PM

I will be interested to see what the answer is. I just purchased my first SD a few weeks ago and am still discovering new things just about daily. I have looked for this screen as well and have just about convinced myself the screen doesn't exist.

Troy

2015 F250 XLT 6.7L Crew Cab 156" WB SRW 4x4, 3.55 Ingot Silver, Upfitter Switches, Dual Alternators, Camper Package, VIAIR 450C w/tank and air bags, Curt EZR Gooseneck Hitch, Curt X5 Gooseneck to 5th Wheel adapter, Curt A16 5th Wheel Hitch with roller
post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old 12-13-2017, 04:46 AM

There is not a screen on the SD that shows each individual tire and the associated pressure. From what I read on some forums and my understanding, I believe you can get this screen using an OBDII bluetooth/wifi adapter and an app such as TorquePro or FORScan. There is a PID that will show the tire pressures. Maybe others will chime in.

Larry

2015 F350 Ultra Lariat 6.7L CCLB DRW 3.73 Limited Slip, Green Gem Metallic w/ Caribou accent, Camper Package, Titan 65gal tank, Rapid Heat, Block Heater, Upfitter Switches, Dual Alternators, Camper Package, Cable Lock, Husky Floor Liners, Spray in Bedliner, 5th Wheel Prep, 25K 5th Wheel Hitch, Ford Goose Neck Hitch.

Traded 2011 F350 XLT CCLB SRW 6.2L gasser 6,000 miles for 2015

Sold 1996 F350 XLT CCLB DRW 7.3L 208,000 miles

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old 12-14-2017, 09:58 AM

Yep torque pro or forscan. There is no monitor screen on these trucks. Wish there was but I use torque pro to monitor while hauling our 5th wheel. There is a bunch of posts that have listed all the settings you can get on torque pro to monitor and things you can change with forscan.
Torque pro to monitor. Forscan if you need to change the low pressure alarm point.
Using both

RoadrunnerII

Sent from my Moto G Play using Tapatalk
post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old 12-14-2017, 10:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadrunner II View Post
Yep torque pro or forscan. There is no monitor screen on these trucks. Wish there was but I use torque pro to monitor while hauling our 5th wheel. There is a bunch of posts that have listed all the settings you can get on torque pro to monitor and things you can change with forscan.
Torque pro to monitor. Forscan if you need to change the low pressure alarm point.
Using both

RoadrunnerII

Roadrunner, I just looked and there are a bunch of adapters on Amazon. Do you mind me asking which one you have and would you recommend it?

Troy

Troy

2015 F250 XLT 6.7L Crew Cab 156" WB SRW 4x4, 3.55 Ingot Silver, Upfitter Switches, Dual Alternators, Camper Package, VIAIR 450C w/tank and air bags, Curt EZR Gooseneck Hitch, Curt X5 Gooseneck to 5th Wheel adapter, Curt A16 5th Wheel Hitch with roller
post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old 12-14-2017, 10:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyboy369 View Post
Roadrunner, I just looked and there are a bunch of adapters on Amazon. Do you mind me asking which one you have and would you recommend it?

Troy
I have the BAFXPro OBDII bluetooth from BAFX PRODUCTS.
There are other units out there that work.
Go to the forscan forum/ site. They list the best ones to get. The one I have does everything I need.
I bought an OBDII extension cable and have it ziptied under the dash out of the way.

RoadrunnerII

post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old 12-14-2017, 03:59 PM

Thanks Roadrunner. Looks like a decent one to get. I just took a look at Forscan's site and found the list. I have read some of the reviews that the bluetooth connected units have a little lag in how often the data is polled and makes the gauge reads a little less effective. Do you experience that at all with your corded version?

Troy

post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old 12-14-2017, 04:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyboy369 View Post
Thanks Roadrunner. Looks like a decent one to get. I just took a look at Forscan's site and found the list. I have read some of the reviews that the bluetooth connected units have a little lag in how often the data is polled and makes the gauge reads a little less effective. Do you experience that at all with your corded version?
I get intermittent disconnects but I think it is the extension cable has cheap connect ors in it. Otherwise it works fine

RoadrunnerII

post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old 12-23-2017, 08:25 PM
Lifetime Supporting Member

My Photos: (16)
Is there something available for the Edge CTS that will monitor tire pressure?

2012 F-350 SD Crew Cab, SRW, LWB, 4 X 4, FX4 Offroad, Bilsteins and Bilstein Steering Stableizer, AirLift Air Bags with onboard compressor, BedLocker electric bed cover, Hellwig 1 1/4 inch rear anti-sway bar, 2017 G37 Turbo, ATS Stage I towing transmission kit, White Platinum w/Adobe, Navigation, Moon Roof, 5th Wheel Prep, Step Tail Gate, front 2 inch receiver, completely insulated, Pioneer speakers, King Ranch Package

'99 E-350 HiTop Companion Van Conversion, 7.3 SD Diesel, 5-tune DP Tuner, Triple AutoMeter C2 A-pillar gauge pod, dash mount AutoMeter C2 fuel pressure gauge, twin K&N's, 203* mod, Deraler tubed trannie pan, B&M trannie cooler, AirLift air bags, Bilsteins, 4" DiamondEye turbo back exhaust, Air Dog fuel filtration system, Hutch mod, header wrapped and high temperature painted Bellowed Up-Pipes.
post #10 of 13 (permalink) Old 12-23-2017, 08:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by clev View Post
Is there something available for the Edge CTS that will monitor tire pressure?
If it can monitor the obd2 port it is possible. I use torque pro. It brings up the pressure on all 4 wheels. Forscan will bring up a temperature but not sure on it being a wheel temp

RoadrunnerII

post #11 of 13 (permalink) Old 12-24-2017, 07:57 AM

I looked at those, but if it is plugged in to the OBD, I canít plug in the Edge.

2012 F-350 SD Crew Cab, SRW, LWB, 4 X 4, FX4 Offroad, Bilsteins and Bilstein Steering Stableizer, AirLift Air Bags with onboard compressor, BedLocker electric bed cover, Hellwig 1 1/4 inch rear anti-sway bar, 2017 G37 Turbo, ATS Stage I towing transmission kit, White Platinum w/Adobe, Navigation, Moon Roof, 5th Wheel Prep, Step Tail Gate, front 2 inch receiver, completely insulated, Pioneer speakers, King Ranch Package

'99 E-350 HiTop Companion Van Conversion, 7.3 SD Diesel, 5-tune DP Tuner, Triple AutoMeter C2 A-pillar gauge pod, dash mount AutoMeter C2 fuel pressure gauge, twin K&N's, 203* mod, Deraler tubed trannie pan, B&M trannie cooler, AirLift air bags, Bilsteins, 4" DiamondEye turbo back exhaust, Air Dog fuel filtration system, Hutch mod, header wrapped and high temperature painted Bellowed Up-Pipes.
post #12 of 13 (permalink) Old 12-24-2017, 11:21 AM

no, the CTS/CTS2 does NOT have tire monitoring ability. You can get a OBDII "Y" cable to plug the CTS into along with an OBDII bluetooth device. When I used the "Y" cable, it did cause my old CTS to stop monitoring some functions when I used TorquePro. I never did try it with my CTS2 to see if it stops monitor or not.

Larry

2015 F350 Ultra Lariat 6.7L CCLB DRW 3.73 Limited Slip, Green Gem Metallic w/ Caribou accent, Camper Package, Titan 65gal tank, Rapid Heat, Block Heater, Upfitter Switches, Dual Alternators, Camper Package, Cable Lock, Husky Floor Liners, Spray in Bedliner, 5th Wheel Prep, 25K 5th Wheel Hitch, Ford Goose Neck Hitch.

Traded 2011 F350 XLT CCLB SRW 6.2L gasser 6,000 miles for 2015

Sold 1996 F350 XLT CCLB DRW 7.3L 208,000 miles

post #13 of 13 (permalink) Old 12-24-2017, 11:31 AM

Thanks, Larry. I also have the older CTS, not the 2.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com > 2011 - 2016 Ford Super Duties > '11-16 General Questions

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in