Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Tallassee, AL
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
From the 2015 owner's manual
Deactivating and Activating the Belt-Minder Feature (Driver Only)
While the system allows you to deactivate it, this system is designed to improve your chances of being safely belted and surviving an accident.
We recommend you leave the system activated for yourself and others who may use the vehicle. To reduce the risk of injury, do not deactivate or activate the system while driving the vehicle.
Note: If you are using MyKey, you cannot disable the Belt-Minder. Also, if the Belt-Minder has been previously disabled, it will be re-enabled during the use of MyKey. See MyKey™ (page 51).
Read Steps 1 - 4 thoroughly before proceeding with the programming procedure.
Deactivate or activate the system by performing the following procedure:
Before following the procedure, make sure that:
• The parking brake is set.
• The transmission is in park (P).
• The ignition is off.
• All vehicle doors are closed.
• The driver's safety belt is unbuckled.
1. Turn the ignition on. Do not start the engine.
2. Wait until the safety belt warning light turns off (about one minute). Step 3 must be completed within 30 seconds after the safety belt warning light turns off.
3. Buckle then unbuckle the safety belt three times at a moderate speed, ending with the safety belt in the unbuckled state. After Step 3, the safety belt warning light will turn on.
4. While the safety belt warning light is on, buckle then unbuckle the safety belt. After Step 4, the safety belt warning light will flash for confirmation.
• This will disable the feature if it is currently enabled.
• This will enable the feature if it is currently disabled.
2015 F350 Ultra Lariat 6.7L CCLB DRW 3.73 Limited Slip, Green Gem Metallic w/ Caribou accent, Camper Package, Titan 65gal tank, Rapid Heat, Block Heater, Upfitter Switches, Dual Alternators, Camper Package, Cable Lock, Husky Floor Liners, Spray in Bedliner, 5th Wheel Prep, 25K 5th Wheel Hitch, Ford Goose Neck Hitch.
Traded 2011 F350 XLT CCLB SRW 6.2L gasser 6,000 miles for 2015
Sold 1996 F350 XLT CCLB DRW 7.3L 208,000 miles