What do you like about 2017 SuperDuty - Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com
'11-16 General Questions General questions related to 2011-Up Super Duty trucks. If it doesn't fit the other categories, post it here. Gas engine discussion that pertains to all models is allowed. Specific gas engine questions should use the Gas Engines forum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 18 (permalink) Old 02-07-2016, 07:58 AM Thread Starter

My Photos: (0)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
What do you like about 2017 SuperDuty

I like the door handles. Working outside on slopes, in wind, in mud, or otherwise, I like having a handle on the door to hang on to. Handles are good to keep my balance. And they're good to keep a grip on the door so it doesn't fly open or forcefully slam shut.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 18 (permalink) Old 02-07-2016, 08:10 AM

Cons ----- New dually fender design ABSOLUTELY sucks big time. Still no locking fuel door or caps. I heard they were raising dually bed height and that would be a terrible thing. Price.

Pros ----- Larger fuel capacity options. Larger cab room. Bigger towing numbers.
post #3 of 18 (permalink) Old 02-08-2016, 06:58 AM

Fuel options and towing x2 Don't like the looks at all. As I said on another thread .....if I wanted an F-150 looking truck,Id buy an F-150 JMHO

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
"For God and Country" Thank a Veteran ,support your local American Legion post.

2016 F-350 XLT Crew Cab
2013 F-250 XL Crew Cab(traded for 2016)
1992 F-150(sold)
1978 F-250(sold)
1977 F-250(stolen)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 18 (permalink) Old 02-08-2016, 02:30 PM

What do you like about 2017 SuperDuty

Dually fenders are better. Still like the 99-10 but these are a nice change from from the "bubble" flares. Like the looks of the cab and supposedly extra length, but haven't actually sat in one (or the new 150) to see if there really is a difference. I like that it's a bit taller, my dually is an inch or so low but don't want to mess with changing blocks and getting it out of factory specs. Seen in in person and the thing just looks like a beast - in a good way! Only thing I'm not sure of is the light blue led that lights up around the headlight. I like a little more subtly glow. Also wish they would have left the mirror corners squared off like current.

Oh, and hate the fact I can't already buy one!

2017 F450 Lariat Ultimate

Last edited by Sportscraft; 02-08-2016 at 09:25 PM.
post #5 of 18 (permalink) Old 02-11-2016, 07:42 AM Thread Starter

I wasn't too sure about the new dually fenders. But, after giving them time to grow on me, they have. Me thinks I like the new look.

Also, the new design might just be sturdier. The "bubble" style of the current generation probably is not as stiff as the new design. From an engineering side the new style, with its squared section, is probably more rigid.
post #6 of 18 (permalink) Old 02-13-2016, 05:01 PM

I like the massive look and towing power. This Monster is really awesome!
I've got to know a loooot from this article)
here
post #7 of 18 (permalink) Old 02-22-2016, 02:32 PM

My Photos: (17)
'Anybody got some pics? 'Care to post?
Thanks.

2013 F-350 Lariat 6.7 L PSD Crew Cab Dually, FX4, white platinum metalic tri-coat with black interior, N-Fab step bars, factory spray-in bedliner and 5th wheel hitch, trailer tow package, integrated brake controller, upfitter switches, Sync with My Ford Touch, memory group, remote start, reverse sensing with rear view camera, nav, satillite radio, Weather Tech floor mats, limited slip diff, moon roof, climate controlled seats, engine block heater and tailgate step.

2014 Lifestyle (formerly Carriage) 5th wheel 38' long with 3 slides & all the goodies.

SOLD: 2005 F-350 Lariat, 6.0 PSD, Torqueshift auto trans, crew cab, SRW, short box, FX4, ESOF, limited slip dif., tow command, upfitter switches, 6 CD changer, Lariat Lux. package, camper package, engine block heater, triple A-pillar gauge set (Autometer) with pyrometer, trans temp & voltmeter, MBRP 4" cat back exhaust w/5" dual wall chrome tip, dark shadow gray/ med. flint interior.
post #8 of 18 (permalink) Old 02-22-2016, 05:22 PM

Some good info there, but I believe it's actually going to hit late 3rd quarter. At least that's what my fleet guys saying well realistically see them.

As far as ordering, can anyone confirm if inventory (stock) orders ship first? I was told that usually was a case and he could order mine that way to get it quicker (instead of an ordered unit) but then I wouldn't have price protection.

post #9 of 18 (permalink) Old 02-23-2016, 05:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wpetko View Post
'Anybody got some pics? 'Care to post?
Thanks.
Here you go:

2013 F-250 lariat scsb FX4.
6.2. 3.73 lockers. Rear wheel liners.
Camper package. Pullrite 18K lb Superslide, Line X sprayed bed.
Krown rust protected.
"That which can be asserted without evidence, can be dismissed without evidence"
- Christopher Hitchens
post #10 of 18 (permalink) Old 02-23-2016, 07:35 PM

I want one !!!
post #11 of 18 (permalink) Old 02-23-2016, 10:19 PM

Great video. So much detail.

2011 Lariat Long Bed Crew Cab Dually 4X4
post #12 of 18 (permalink) Old 02-23-2016, 10:49 PM

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sportscraft View Post

As far as ordering, can anyone confirm if inventory (stock) orders ship first? I was told that usually was a case and he could order mine that way to get it quicker (instead of an ordered unit) but then I wouldn't have price protection.
First, DO NOT buy a stock order. Stock orders are built first and built only until they have had 5 days of builds without an issue. If they find an issue, the 5 day rule starts all over again. So if they find an issue on day 4, the 5 day starts over again which means 9 days worth of trucks built first for stock.

The problem with this is that once they find the issue and work in a fix, all the trucks built have to be either be fixed outside the assembly plant or rerun through the plant to have fixed.

Customer orders only begin to be built after the 5 day rule has been completed.

This is HUGE when it comes to not only a new model year but a all new redesign. DO NOT buy a stock order..

Second, rebates are going to be very minimal so there is no reason to be concerned about price protection either way. You will most likely see a $500-$1,000 rebate and that's all.. no real reason to be concerned about it getting worse because at $500-$1,000, it really won't get lower. The true invoice is always locked in once the order is placed (dealer receives DORA the next day and price is locked) either way so the only thing you are gambling on are the rebates (again, minimal).

15 6.7 F350 CCSB 4x4 3.55s Platinum Bronze Fire
Husky mats, all LED interior, Nushield for MFT, Bakflip F1 with Bakbox 2.
post #13 of 18 (permalink) Old 02-25-2016, 12:32 PM

blwnsmoke thanks for the info! I was leaning to just do a regular order since that's how I always do it and it works out well and that just convinced me!

post #14 of 18 (permalink) Old 02-27-2016, 02:55 PM

Car and Driver

They look like Chevys!

2011 F350 4x4 XL Crew Cab Dually

2010 Keystone Fuzion 405 Toyhauler
post #15 of 18 (permalink) Old 02-27-2016, 05:15 PM

100% agreed with shooter. If I want an F-150, I'd buy an F-150. Couldn't believe when I saw the thing up close.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com > 2011 - 2016 Ford Super Duties > '11-16 General Questions

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in