Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com

Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com (https://www.thedieselstop.com/forums/)
-   '11-16 Gas Engines (https://www.thedieselstop.com/forums/f154/)
-   -   6.2L mpg ? (https://www.thedieselstop.com/forums/f154/6-2l-mpg-256914/)

vtboy51 05-10-2010 09:45 AM

6.2L mpg ?
 
I've seen a lot of post about the new 6.7liter diesel mpg, but can anyone post what they are getting with their 6.2 gasser and with what gears?

svt2205 05-11-2010 05:08 AM

I took this picture during the test drive I took. It is a 6.2 with 4.30's, supercab 4x4. 12.3 mpg

http://i265.photobucket.com/albums/i...5/IMG_1606.jpg

JimJoe 05-11-2010 01:02 PM

svt2205,

thanks for the info. However it is just the average for some 11 miles if I read correctly. Also we do not know if these 11 miles were city, stop`n`go or highway. Hopefully we will get some longer-range data soon...

Jim

svt2205 05-12-2010 04:00 AM

This was the truck I test drove. I reset it when I drove off the dealers lot. The truck only had 3 or so miles on it when I started. My test drive was on a local 4 lane highway.

Granted it's not much to go on, but it's all I could offer. One things for sure, that new LCD info center offers a lot more data then before.

Jrfish007 05-26-2010 04:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by svt2205 (Post 1898614)
This was the truck I test drove. I reset it when I drove off the dealers lot. The truck only had 3 or so miles on it when I started. My test drive was on a local 4 lane highway.

Granted it's not much to go on, but it's all I could offer. One things for sure, that new LCD info center offers a lot more data then before.


I would agree about the LCD.

But 12.5 doesn't seem that great, my 6.8 V10 with 4.30 showed 11.8 when I took it off the lot in '09. I live in the mountains and drive mostly stop and go on a daily basis and it's still getting about 10.

I am somewhat interested in the 6.2 as a replacement if it can get better mpg then the V10, but I would want to see at least 3-4 mpg better before I give up my extra torque. Although the extra gear seems to be able to help given the towing capacity is similar for the 2 trucks.

We'll see what happens.

Pappy19 05-27-2010 08:53 AM

For the nearly $8,000 initial difference in the price of the gasser engine vs the diesel engine, you can buy alot of gasoline, not to mention the big difference in maintenence costs. Even the Dodge Hemi gasser is claiming 20 mpg highway, but it's a Dodge.

HONDAFIXER 05-27-2010 09:31 AM

75-80 MPH on the highway mine shows consistent 14 mpg

Jrfish007 05-27-2010 09:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pappy19 (Post 1904851)
For the nearly $8,000 initial difference in the price of the gasser engine vs the diesel engine, you can buy alot of gasoline, not to mention the big difference in maintenence costs. Even the Dodge Hemi gasser is claiming 20 mpg highway, but it's a Dodge.

Which means the Dodge will have high repair costs to spend all that money you saved at the pump on.

On another note, I have yet to find anyone with a new PSD (or any diesel for that matter) that can say they honestly get into even the high teens. Most are 2-3 mpg better than me on fuel that costs $0.30. Not bashing diesels, just saying the argument that they get better mpg is gone with the 7.3 and high sulfur diesel.

svt2205 06-04-2010 05:30 AM

Has anyone determined how accurate the message center is on these new trucks. I know the one in my 07 F150 is typically within .5 mpg of what I calculate. Ford did a nice job with the new set up, tons of info.

Sloo 06-15-2010 07:32 PM

I drove mine over 200 miles today(all flat roads, outside temp 96 degrees) and here's what I came up with. I reset the miles per gallon meter and drove about 65 miles at speeds of 50-60mph. The meter showed 16.5-17.3 the entire way. I then got on the interstate for another 40 miles driving 75mph and the meter showed 14.2 -14.7 for those miles. On the way back I reset it again and it averaged around 15.0 for the entire trip. Of course this is what the truck showed. I will gas up tomorrow and do it the old fashioned way with the next tank. Gallons/miles driven to see what it is. I will continue to post how it does as I drive 35K plus miles a year with about half being highway miles and rarely tow if ever.
I have been getting around 12.4 driving around town.

Jrfish007 06-16-2010 09:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sloo (Post 1913142)
I drove mine over 200 miles today(all flat roads, outside temp 96 degrees) and here's what I came up with. I reset the miles per gallon meter and drove about 65 miles at speeds of 50-60mph. The meter showed 16.5-17.3 the entire way. I then got on the interstate for another 40 miles driving 75mph and the meter showed 14.2 -14.7 for those miles. On the way back I reset it again and it averaged around 15.0 for the entire trip. Of course this is what the truck showed. I will gas up tomorrow and do it the old fashioned way with the next tank. Gallons/miles driven to see what it is. I will continue to post how it does as I drive 35K plus miles a year with about half being highway miles and rarely tow if ever.
I have been getting around 12.4 driving around town.


Good info:thumbsup: do you know which rear end you have? Since you rarely tow, I assume the 3.73...

Sloo 06-16-2010 07:09 PM

Yes, the 3.73. Drove another 150 miles today with about 100 of the miles having the cruise set at 55-60 mph and the rest stop and go around town. The average for the entire 150 mile trip was 16.1.

svt2205 06-23-2010 05:19 AM

Nice mileage numbers.

Sloo 06-30-2010 08:30 PM

Just wanted to post another mileage update. Have gone a little over 2000 miles now and on my last tank I got about 15.1 MPG. Basically put 30 gallons in the tank and drove 452 miles. About 300 of these miles were on the interstate with the cruies set at 75mph.The rest around town. Still averageing around 13.0 daily driving around town. The sweet spot seems to be driving around 50-60mph, whenever i drive this speed for 30 minutes or so I get around 16.5-17.2. All this is not towing on flat roads.

greggara 07-01-2010 01:56 PM

Thanks for the updates. Its hard to find any real world opinions of the 6.2. Have to drive one soon before I order.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:25 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome