6.2L mpg ? - Page 8 - Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com
'11-16 Gas Engines Discussion of the gas engines available in the 2011-Up Super Duty trucks

1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #106 of 106 (permalink) Old 11-22-2018, 07:49 PM

My Photos: (0)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
a little math, cant remember what I paid back in 02 when I ordered my 6.0 extra BUT - I know it had to have been 5000 extra anyways for the diesel.

Add 6500 for studs and had gaskets at 165K along with egr and oil coolers. Stand pipe and o rings, since then upgraded alternator ( old one crapped out ), FICM, Injectors at 250K to the tune of another 4000, so theres another 10500 on top of the 5000ish for the diesel. I personally installed a new EGT sensor/tube, of course other wear/tear items so cant count those.

Now........todays gas prices at my local pump are 2.16 for gas 2.96 for diesel. Im averaging 18K/yr over the 16 yrs ive owned it. That's 1200gal per yr for 15mpg in my 6.0 - if I were to convert to a 6.2 gasser @ 12mpg avg that's 1500 gallons so 1200x2.96 3552 in diesel - 1500x2.16 3240 in gas or 316 bucks cheaper for the gasser/yr to drive not to mention higher costs in oil chg, fuel conditioners, etc......how could a person really justify a diesel? I love my 6.0 now that it has been fixed/updated but at 16y/o its starting to show its age in rust etc...I will likely go back to gas as I cant honestly justify the diesel costs.

Build Date of January 2003 6.0/Torque Shift 5, F250 XLT CC FX4, Camper Package, 6 Disk, ( now JVC/Bluetooth - Sub/Amps ) Dual Power Seats, Privacy Glass, Edge Tuner/Attitude, Air Raid Intake, 4" Exhaust/5" SS Tip, 202K Miles currently, 265/75/16 BFG Rugged Terrain, ( hate them, give me my rugged trails back - have 30K on them might make 50K if im lucky) @ 160K Bulletproof EGR Cooler, ARP Studs, New Oil Cooler, New HPOP, New Head Gaskets, New EGR Valve. Rusty fender wells and lower inside of doors. Showing her age. 03 Turbo whistles like a jet!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com > 2011 - 2016 Ford Super Duties > '11-16 Gas Engines

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in