Check 4x4 Light....LONG POST - Page 2 - Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com
'11-16 Gas Engines Discussion of the gas engines available in the 2011-Up Super Duty trucks

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #16 of 20 (permalink) Old 02-03-2013, 07:38 AM Thread Starter

My Photos: (0)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
For what it's worth, I have not had any issues this winter at all. The closest it came was a message saying shift delayed, please pull forward. This is normal when further alignment is needed. I was able to pull forward and all was fine. It does highlight however, the necessity to engage 4x4 BEFORE you are even close to getting stuck. Otherwise you might not get it in.

2011 F250 R/C Long Bed 4x4 6.2L Tuxedo-Black, Husky Mud Flaps, Dual Mode Reverse/Auxiliary Flood Lights, Air Horn, 35" Mudders
Custom Side Exit Dual Exhaust
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Tuned by *****5 Star Tuning*****
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #17 of 20 (permalink) Old 12-02-2014, 11:01 PM

I really need some help! Have had a transfer case blow out last winter and had a very poor customer service experience. I now not even a year later have the same issue that these folks are talking about. Will not shift into 4x4 in cold weather. So far in 9 months my truck has been in the shop for 6 weeks and it has provided no change. Very frustrated and not sure what to do.
post #18 of 20 (permalink) Old 12-03-2014, 08:50 AM

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unit48 View Post
I really need some help! Have had a transfer case blow out last winter and had a very poor customer service experience. I now not even a year later have the same issue that these folks are talking about. Will not shift into 4x4 in cold weather. So far in 9 months my truck has been in the shop for 6 weeks and it has provided no change. Very frustrated and not sure what to do.
Welcome to the forum, Unit48; I'm here to help! What's your truck's model year and mileage? Have you returned to the dealership so they can inspect? Let me know and I'll start researching options.

Crystal

FORD SERVICE

p: 800.392.FORD
t:

f:

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #19 of 20 (permalink) Old 01-02-2015, 10:37 AM

I'm having similar issues. Curious if you guys also got a check engine light when you got the check 4x4 light? My truck is showing code C1010 but I can't tell if that was a result of the check 4x4 light as I also have another code that's been in there forever so no idea when the C1010 started.
post #20 of 20 (permalink) Old 05-21-2019, 11:48 AM

I've had the same issue twice on my 2001 F250. Once during the summer on a washboardy road pullin our trailer stopped and put it in 4x4 and check 4x4 light came on and did not engage into 4/4 continued to destination and then tried it again and went in just fine hasn't happened again for over a year. This May was in Nevada desert with friends and it rained for days when we went to leave I put it in 4x4 no problem pulled our trailer out but our friends were stuck so pulled them out and on our way, once on better road took it out of 4x4 and drove 5 miles came to another muddy spot so switched it to 4x4 and check 4x4 light came on and would't engage only posi track worked and made it through the muddy spot. Tried several times turning truck off and on and trying to put in 4x4 with no luck, drove 60 miles to get fuel turned truck off and when I turned the key back on I switched to 4x4 and it engaged several times. Only seems to happen when I really need 4x4. Dealer says they can't diagnose if it's not happening so will have to see if it happens again.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com > 2011 - 2016 Ford Super Duties > '11-16 Gas Engines

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in