'2012 Ford F750 Brake Lights Not Working - Page 2 - Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com
Automotive Electrical & Wiring A place to discuss Electrical & Wiring issues.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #16 of 18 (permalink) Old 06-08-2018, 12:57 PM

My Photos: (1)
Garage
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Okay - the 2013 system is a different system.

Normal Operation — Hydraulic Brakes

Voltage is supplied from Battery Junction Box (BJB) fuse F5 (5A) to the dual brake warning switch. Voltage is supplied from the Battery Junction Box (BJB) fuse 7 (15A) to the ABS event relay switch and coil. When the brakes pedal is pressed the dual brake warning switch inputs a voltage signal to the hydraulic brakes module. The ground side of the ABS event relay is controlled by the hydraulic brakes module. When the ABS event relay is energized voltage is routed to the multifunction switch and the body builder stoplamp relay coil.

Air Brakes

Voltage is supplied from the BJB to the stoplamp switch(es). When the brake pedal is applied, the stoplamp switch(es) routes voltage to the multifunction switch and the body builder stoplamp relay coil.

All Brake Systems

When the brake pedal is applied, the multifunction switch routes the voltage to the LH rear lamp (both LH and RH circuits), and to the LH and RH body builder turn relay coils. Voltage for the RH rear lamp is then routed out of the LH rear lamp to the RH rear lamp. Ground for the RH rear lamp is routed into the LH rear lamp. The ground circuit is spliced internally to the LH rear lamp.

The BJB supplies voltage to the body builder stoplamp relay switch side through. When the body builder stoplamp relay is energized, voltage is routed to the body builder connector.

The body builder turn relays (switch side) are supplied voltage at all times. When the LH or RH body builder turn relay is energized, voltage is routed to the body builder connector.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf 2013-F650-750-Brake-Lights.pdf (732.2 KB, 47 views)

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2016 Ford Fusion ENERGI Titanium Plug-in Hybrid
Ford Senior Master Diesel Technician
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Diesel Technician Society
Diesel Mentor Directory

Last edited by ford_doctor; 06-08-2018 at 01:01 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #17 of 18 (permalink) Old 06-15-2018, 09:39 AM Thread Starter

My Photos: (0)
Update: So the brake light issue has been fixed! I ended up getting a 72 hour www.motorcraftservice.com subscription just to see how helpful it would be, and by-golly it was amazing, everything that I needed was in there!! Turns on a connector close to the BJB had a very small wire that was corroded, I repaired the circuit and all is well now! EXCEPT, now my back up lights and the warning beeper are not working, I honestly don't know if they ever worked simply because when we got the truck we never had to put it in reverse, until I was backing it out of my bay and that's when I noticed that issue. So here's the problem, I have the schematic and the workshop manual for this problem, I have encountered that even with the VIN inputed into the motorcraft website, there are slight differences with the truck im working on as opposed to the truck in the workshop book. The workshop manual tells me to check for voltage at the Vehicle Interface Module circuit 295. Now the plug its asking me to check for isn't on this transmission! So yeah now I'm stuck again...FML!!
post #18 of 18 (permalink) Old 02-08-2019, 06:08 AM

My Photos: (1)
Garage
Odd that this is coming up on the active threads page now...

With regard to "stuff not being the same" look more carefully at the schematics. Each section may contain different diagrams depending on the engine or transmission you are working with. Also, those boxed arrows with a letter inside and page/section numbers next to them send you to a different section in the book. Also, yes, there can be production changes that are not reflected in the manuals due to timing. If you are absolutely sure that something does not look the same, try looking in the previous or next model year book. I have run into this a few times especially with the medium duty trucks.

2016 Ford Fusion ENERGI Titanium Plug-in Hybrid
Ford Senior Master Diesel Technician

Diesel Technician Society
Diesel Mentor Directory

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com > Other Topics > Automotive Electrical & Wiring

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in