What I've learned about the E4OD - Page 6 - Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com
7.3L IDI Diesels FAQ Frequently asked questions in the Powerstrokes 7.3L IDI Diesels forum.

5Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #76 of 81 (permalink) Old 05-15-2016, 07:25 PM

My Photos: (0)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
it seems to shift perfectly, maybe somewhat harsh, but not bad,through all the gears. I took a picture of my checkballs before putting it together. I just checked the schematic again and the checkballs are correct. It shows 9 balls for a 95..
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #77 of 81 (permalink) Old 05-16-2016, 04:27 PM

Well i just studied the solenoid operation and the 4r100/E4OD both need solenoid 1 engaged for manual 1 . My problem was solenoid 1 was not engaging in man1 when checked with a meter. However I was getting the .7 volts from the mlps in manual1position. I swapped the PCM out now Manual 1 works great. This tells me that an unplugged solenoid connector will not let the transmission work/ in manual like everyone thinks,ss1 needs 12 volt for man1 . unplugged , the solenoids are both off and is equivalent to man 2... So, in Manual one unplugged , this transmission will combine 1 and 2 clutches and drag.

However, now I have weak reverse just like the problem with the 4r100 pcm plugged in. This also tells me i have an epc problem in reverse ..
post #78 of 81 (permalink) Old 05-20-2016, 11:44 PM

I ended up using the 4r100 pcm and hooked up a TPS . All gears work now . This also tells me that all the people on this board with weak reverses can probably fix it with a sensor and/or DTR/ MLPS repair ..
gab16 likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #79 of 81 (permalink) Old 05-22-2016, 10:49 PM

It all works now it seems. Anybody need e4od/4r100 swap pointers , hit me up

Also have a pcs-2000 if someone needs one ..
post #80 of 81 (permalink) Old 05-24-2016, 11:51 PM

Well the problem with dragging is still there. When i increase the tps voltage , it drags in manual 1. When I drop the tps to idle voltage, it doesn't drag. Would anyone have an idea? thanks
post #81 of 81 (permalink) Old 07-12-2016, 04:37 PM

So I have no idea if anyone is still paying attention to this thread, but I have a 94 Bronco with an automatic E40D. My upshifting, especially uphill, had been acting up for a while now. It had been hesitating to shift from 1st to 2nd, lurching hard into 2nd when it did shift, usually at about 2500-3000 rpm. Now this past Friday, five days ago, the old gal just decided she didn't want to go anymore. I drove home from work, about 25 minutes from the house, parked, and about an hour later, started up the truck and left. Maybe 100 yards down the road, after accelerating from a stop sign, she revved up, then the rpm dropped to 0. Now, when I accelerate from D, she revs to about 1200-1500, then drops, over and over again, under any variance of the throttle. Just rev, drop, rev, drop, rev, drop. No shift. Always at the same rpm. But if I put it into 1st or 2nd, it drives, just fine. I have been researching this transmission for quite a while now, and have learned quite a bit, thought I had the problem figured out, but now, I just don't know. Also, some information that I have found related in some articles.... My driver side tail light does not work, I have not checked yet to see if it is just the bulb or the cluster or what. The 4x4 lights came on recently and will not go off. I do not believe (though have not physically checked) that my 4x4 is engaging when I attempt to. My overdrive seems to work. No lights are flashing on the instrument panel. If anyone is still watching this thread, please help. I do not want to take it to a disreputable shop (my only choice in the area), and get screwed over. I am having the codes checked tomorrow morning (first day off since the truck stopped shifting). The check engine light does come on, randomly while driving, then goes off on its own. I attributed this for a long time to the fact that the guy I bought it from had the exhaust replaced minus the cats. Also, the transmission was rebuilt in February 2014.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com > Ford Diesels > 7.3L IDI Diesels (Not Power Strokes) > 7.3L IDI Diesels FAQ

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in