Mysterious, Unfixable ¯Chevy Shake¯ Affecting Pickup Trucks Too - Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com
The Diesel Stop News News related to Ford Trucks and the TheDieselStop Web Site. Only Administrators may create new threads in this section.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 03-30-2016, 10:06 AM Thread Starter

My Photos: (0)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Mysterious, Unfixable ‘Chevy Shake’ Affecting Pickup Trucks Too

Quote:
Looking at buying a Chevy Silverado or GMC Sierra? You may be in for a turbulent ride.

GM engineers can’t seem to pinpoint the cause of a mysterious recurring issue in vehicles riding on GM’s K2XX platform, which includes its full-size trucks and SUVs, a problem that was referred to by one dealer as 'The Chevy Shake.' Because GM can’t isolate the cause of the problem, a permanent fix has also been elusive.

In December, AutoGuide.com ran a report detailing buffeting and vibration issues found in some GM full-size SUVs after being contacted by an owner who was experiencing these problems. While investigating the SUV issue, another flaw with different GM vehicles surfaced repeatedly in online forums and in the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration’s complaints sections: vibrations from the 2014 and 2015 Chevy Silverado and GMC Sierra.

While SUV owners complain of buffeting causing headaches and dizziness, GM half-ton owners claim there is an insistent vibration in their trucks. 'While driving at speeds above 45 mph, there is a vibration from the rear of the vehicle,' reads a complaint on the NHTSA database. 'Dealer advised it was wheel balance and balanced the tires with no relief. Have since replaced all four tires with no relief.'
Read more about the Mysterious, Unfixable ‘Chevy Shake’ Affecting Pickup Trucks Too at AutoGuide.com.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 01-04-2017, 02:46 PM

My Photos: (0)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Had the same problem with my 2013 Silverado 1500, factory tires, started about 1 year and 30K miles after new. Shake wasn't bad or dangerous, but annoying as it rattled the crap in my cupholders etc.

Sparky Al
2016 F350 4x4 crew cab SRW 6.7L
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com > TheDieselStop News & Polls > The Diesel Stop News

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in