2003 6.0 - Things to do/upgrade while doing EGR Delete - Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com
Upgrades and Aftermarket - 6.0L Engine Upgrading or adding OEM or aftermarket equipment to your 2003-Up Super Duty or Excursion with 6.0L Power Stroke diesel engine. Please confine discussion of topics in this forum to those items that are specific to the 6.0L Power Stroke engine.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 12-07-2010, 10:05 AM Thread Starter

My Photos: (0)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
2003 6.0 - Things to do/upgrade while doing EGR Delete

Perhaps someone can point me to a thread?

I bought the truck used with 181,000 miles. Very clean bone stock truck. The ICP was changed around 100,000 miles according to the oasis report and nothing else has been done to the truck(except some recalls). The truck starts and runs fine so I have no known problems with the truck. Averaging 16-17mpg on the highway going 75mph and 12-13 in town.

When I bought the truck I replaced the oil/fuel filters(Racor)and added 5-40 Valvoline Extreme Blue with Rev-X. I also run Diesel Kleen every tank full.

I have already installed:
MBRP 4" catless exhaust.
Diesel Site Coolant Filter
NUC Motorsports Oil Bypass

Mods on their way:
Edge Insight CS with Expandable Pyro Probe
SCT X3 with SRL tunes
Ford's upgraded fuel regulator spring kit
Ford upgraded banjo bolts with washers
HFCM Water drain plug upgrade

I have not decided on what EGR delete kit to go with, and I'm waiting to read the results of EOT/ECT to determine if I should get a new oil cooler or not. I plan to replace the coolant at this time also.

I understand there is an upgraded turbo drain tube that should be replaced?

Is there an HPOP fitting I need to upgrade on my truck? I've read 05+ has an update, but not anything on the 03?

Is there anything else I'm missing?

Thanks,
Justin

03 FX4 Lariat w/ 6.0 and 180,000+miles
MBRP 4" turbo back exhaust no cat
Diesel Site Coolant Bypass
NUC Motorsports Oil Bypass
Rev-x w/ 5w-40 Extreme Blue
285/75/16's
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 12-07-2010, 06:48 PM

Check out powerstrokehelp>com and you can find out all you need to know from this guy. He is in Atlanta and really knows his stuff. I just had all the bullet proofing done to my truck with the sct tune and love it. He put the aftermarket fuel system on my truck so all I have to do is look in the clear bowl for any fuel issues without taking any deisel baths. They also replaced the fuel screen from that cheap ford plastic to a stainless screen.
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 12-07-2010, 06:49 PM

that was powerstrokehelp.com Sorry for the typo
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 12-07-2010, 07:55 PM

Clean your turbo while it is out.
I have a Sinister egr delete and so far everything is good.

Diesel Technician Society

2005 Excursion Limited 6.0 4X4
Leveling kit,
Swamps 58V, PHP tuned FICM
Edge Insight
SCT tunes by Quick Tricks
Sinister EGR Delete
6.4 banjo bolts
Ford fuel pressure spring kit
Excursion High Idle Mod
Cat EC-1 coolant and a Sinister coolant filtration kit
Magnaflow Turbo Back with muffler
ARP's
Powermax turbo
Retro-Solution Digital HID
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 12-08-2010, 08:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cshafer View Post
Check out powerstrokehelp>com and you can find out all you need to know from this guy. He is in Atlanta and really knows his stuff. I just had all the bullet proofing done to my truck with the sct tune and love it. He put the aftermarket fuel system on my truck so all I have to do is look in the clear bowl for any fuel issues without taking any deisel baths. They also replaced the fuel screen from that cheap ford plastic to a stainless screen.
As i have come to find out he isnt that good. He has old tips that actually ruin your truck like running premuim gold coolent from ford. Which is one of the main causes of silicates building up etc etc. Along with his explanation of alot of things. I dont think he is that good. And he seems smart but then again he trys to sell you a speaker box that has his voice on it... Im just saying he shows you things but alot of his tips are old and has been found out they are the cause of the problems.
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 12-09-2010, 06:10 PM

I have had 3 trucks done by this guy and no problems yet. Have you had any work done here or are you just going off hear say or wed videos? I would be interested to know that answer. Everyone is entitled to their opinion and I respect yours and appreciate the heads up but as far as actually having been there and had work performed I am very satisfied with his knowledge of the Ford since that is the ONLY truck he works on period. That in itself says alot since he is not trying to work on everything under the sun. My vote is yes!!!!
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 12-09-2010, 06:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FATHERFORD View Post
Perhaps someone can point me to a thread?

I have not decided on what EGR delete kit to go with, and I'm waiting to read the results of EOT/ECT to determine if I should get a new oil cooler or not. I plan to replace the coolant at this time also.

I understand there is an upgraded turbo drain tube that should be replaced?

Is there an HPOP fitting I need to upgrade on my truck? I've read 05+ has an update, but not anything on the 03?

Thanks,
Justin
Yes, the drain tube has been updated, part # 6C3Z-9T515-A. This is a popular upgrade for many people with the older 6.0s

The HPOP fitting was around 05 only; you wont have to worry about it on your 03.

The oil coolers are cheaper than before, since you do not have to buy the complete housing. If it has not been done before, you may want to do it, since you already have the turbo & intake off.
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 12-09-2010, 07:23 PM

I bought my EGR delete kit off Ebay from Custom Diesel. It was machined way to big to fit into the intake. I had to remove the intake to measure it properly and then remachine there part. Might have just bin a one time mistake by them but thought it might not hurt to mention it.

06 F350 KingRanch 5" Turbo back exhaust, 8" lift, 38 15.50 R20's, EGR delete, Edge A2, ARP's, TV's and backup camera, coolant filter system, upgraded fuel regulator.

04 F350 KingRanch Banks 4" Turbo Back exhaust, intercooler, Aurora turbo, edge chip, Functional ram air hood connected to AirAid intake, 4" lift with 36 15.50 R20's, Tv and game console.
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 12-10-2010, 02:07 PM

What is wrong with the original turbo drain tubes? Why upgrade? I'm getting ready to do my '04, is it necessary to replace drain tube as well?

John

2004 F-250 SUPERDUTY FX4 4X4, 6.0 POWERSTROKE, SUPERCAB, 8' BOX

2013 BOSS 302, SBY
2010 FUSION 4cyl 6SPD stick
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 12-10-2010, 02:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cshafer View Post
I have had 3 trucks done by this guy and no problems yet. Have you had any work done here or are you just going off hear say or wed videos? I would be interested to know that answer. Everyone is entitled to their opinion and I respect yours and appreciate the heads up but as far as actually having been there and had work performed I am very satisfied with his knowledge of the Ford since that is the ONLY truck he works on period. That in itself says alot since he is not trying to work on everything under the sun. My vote is yes!!!!
I hear this guy does good work but i go over his videos and they are some what informative but when you look at the info he gives you it is missleading and the wrong info. Selling items you dont need giving information about coolant and filters that is old and very wrong. I hear people giving mixed opinions. People say they give him trucks and he does perfect others say the things that come out of his mouth is stupid.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com > 1999-2007 Ford Super Duties > Upgrades and Aftermarket - 6.0L Engine

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in