2006 F350 Crew Cab 6.0 - Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com
Upgrades and Aftermarket - 6.0L Engine Upgrading or adding OEM or aftermarket equipment to your 2003-Up Super Duty or Excursion with 6.0L Power Stroke diesel engine. Please confine discussion of topics in this forum to those items that are specific to the 6.0L Power Stroke engine.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 02-24-2012, 07:35 PM Thread Starter
Lifetime Supporting Member

My Photos: (0)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
2006 F350 Crew Cab 6.0

I have a 2006 F350 King Ranch Crew Cab 4x4 auto trans. with the 6.0 PSD and I am planning to pull the heads and have them worked over, upgrade to ARP studs and this is where I have my questions. I am a fair hand at turning wrenches and have worked on many heavy trucks and such. My questions start as follows, what can I do to improve the heads, I have been told to have harden seats installed recomended by Bullet Proof Diesel. I also have been told that it is best to pull the cab for this work, does anyone know the correct lifting points to do this (I prefer not to damage my truck)? I have mixed emotions on the egr delete verses the replacement egr cooler from Bullitproof, their oil cooler or another if there is one and their water pump. I now have a Banks economind package with there inter cooler, programmer, ect. I have been told by others that if you do the delete kit you have to flash the computer or add a program to keep it from malfunctioning. Just so anyone who responds to this thread I use this truck to do a lot of heavy towing and it is not a race truck. It is not uncommon for me to drag around 20,000 lbs. so I need it to be deoendable. Also what ever I do to this truck I have to turn around ando to my Excursion when I finish because it is in need of help as well. Any help would be appreciated very much.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 02-25-2012, 09:10 AM

This gentleman has some great 6.0 repair videos, one of which is the cab removal for head gasket replacment.

I just finished installing a BulletProof EGR and oil cooler and had no problems with their products or installing them. Great customer service too, especially for a "Jr garage mechanic" like me.

I went with the EGR cooler over the delete for a couple reasons:
1) the air here in Phoenix is bad enough, I don't need to be making it worse
2) diesels have to pass emissions here just like a regular car, so I would have had to purchase a tuner to clear the check engine light from an EGR delete
3) thought I read somewhere that the performance boost (I could be wrong) from an EGR delete was only 5%. Didn't seem worth it to me.

I suppose there could be reduced long term wear and tear on the engine with an EGR delete by not dumping hot exhaust (even with the cooler) back into the already hot engine...other more experienced members could probably comment on this.

2005 F-250 XLT 6.0L Crew Cab 4x4
BulletProof Oil Cooler/EGR Cooler/FICM; updated STC fitting; updated turbo oil drain tube; fuel pressure regulator spring upgrade (blue spring); Line-X bedliner; Jimmy Jammers; ScanGaugeII; Moog ball joints; 185 amp DC Power alternator; new fuel injectors and fuel pump (146k); updated oil rail stand pipes; ~170,000 miles
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 03-05-2012, 09:55 PM Thread Starter

Thanks I checked it out and it is a good site!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com > 1999-2007 Ford Super Duties > Upgrades and Aftermarket - 6.0L Engine

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in