6.0 upgrades - Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com
Upgrades and Aftermarket - 6.0L Engine Upgrading or adding OEM or aftermarket equipment to your 2003-Up Super Duty or Excursion with 6.0L Power Stroke diesel engine. Please confine discussion of topics in this forum to those items that are specific to the 6.0L Power Stroke engine.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-11-2003, 06:30 PM Thread Starter

My Photos: (0)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
6.0 upgrades

Got to take apart a warranty VNT today to have a look at it and record all the part numbers. Pretty neat, runs standard bearings with piston ring seals and a 360* thrust bearing. The way the hot side is setup, would take some serous engineering to do anything with that. Made a blue print of the compressor wheel, going to see if I can get a bigger wheel on my freinds truck. He has already put in a chip from Edge performance that hasn't been released yet. That helped a lot, going to see if we can up the boost tomarrow with some electronic tinkering. Going to get the injectors hogged out. Hopefully with all this it will put out 500hp, that's the goal.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-15-2003, 08:50 PM

My Photos: (7)
Re: 6.0 upgrades

do a search on "broken crankshaft" and introduce yourself to the other guy who messed with this

New Truck
2012 F150 SuperCrew Lariat 157" VWE
-------------------
Traded March 2013
2008 F450 CC Lariat White/Gold, JAD Solutions Lights, 62 Gal Titan, B&W Hitch, Gold Remote Start, TruckTrunk box, Viair 550+2x2.5gal receiver, 2010 NAV and Sync
---------------------
Traded In Nov 07:
2003 F250 CC LB XLT 4x2 PowerStroke, Captains Chairs, White/Parchment, Torqshift, Heated Mirrors, Trailer hitch
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-15-2003, 09:02 PM

My Photos: (25)

go for it. don't even worry about that crank. let us know what happens next. like to see what this 6.0 can do.

2003.25 f350 cc sb 4x4 6.0/torqshift straight piped 6"edge, 315/75/16 toyo muds, 16x10 eagle 101 wheels.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-15-2003, 11:27 PM
GWA

Just a hint here-
Don't forget quick-release fittings for the propane setup, along with a lightweight tank for easy, uhh, handling in case of, ahhhh, contingencies! Yeah, that's it! [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/phoney.gif[/img]

'03.25 F-250 SC SWB 2WD 6.0w/TorqShift, Sport Pkge., Sonic Blue, plus-
16x8 Eagle alloy wheels
Snugtop XV and Bedrug
DPPI turbo-back 4" "sound system" w/cat
The Heartbreak of "The Heartbeat"!
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-16-2003, 03:04 AM
Banned

Oh come on guys 500 isn't all that big of a number?? I am working on much higher numbers than that!

500rwhp on diesel would be impressive, but we are close already!

Unless someone does something incredibly "not smart" these cranks should be stronger than 7.3's.

I remember reading somewhere that someone broke one, and all I can say is when you hear the thing rattle and shake BACK OFF!!! [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shrug.gif[/img]

Have fun and good luck on your goal!

Quad

post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-16-2003, 10:59 AM

My Photos: (11)

No one said that R&D wasn't without costs....

Curious to see how much one can squeeze out of this block. It is OBVIOUS that all Ford will have to do to keep the numbers above that of the Duramax is to tweek the PCM. (Until they reach the ceiling, anyway)

Keep us informed!

Happy Truckin,
Brian.

2004 F250 Lariat, Diesel 6.0L, 5spd auto,4x4 FX4, True Blue/Med Parchment, Camper Package, Cab lights, Dual Alternators, AIC, Power Sliding Rear window, 12.5k receiver hitch.

Add-ons: Headache Rack, Brush Guard, B&W Hidden Hitch & Daytime Running Lights, PIAA 520 series driving lights, boost/tranny gauges, Dahl 100 fuel filter/water separator, Prodigy brake controller, air horns, Sinister Coolant Filter.

In-the-works: Onboard air, Aux. fuel/Toolbox combo.

Ordered on: 03/29/04.
Arrived on: 04/28/04.
SIGNED: 05/01/04 Whoop!
Recall 04B24: Installed 02/15/05.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com > 1999-2007 Ford Super Duties > Upgrades and Aftermarket - 6.0L Engine

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in