6.0L bulletproof - Page 5 - Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com
Upgrades and Aftermarket - 6.0L Engine Upgrading or adding OEM or aftermarket equipment to your 2003-Up Super Duty or Excursion with 6.0L Power Stroke diesel engine. Please confine discussion of topics in this forum to those items that are specific to the 6.0L Power Stroke engine.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #61 of 64 (permalink) Old 11-11-2015, 09:21 AM

My Photos: (0)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by myrig6.0 View Post
My question is for [email protected] trucks, and it is about the air/oil cooler you mentioned, is that a replacement for the under manifold cooler? Also is the EGR delete good in Ca? I cant afford to have to play swap around every time I need a smog, Lord I hate Ca! I just thought of one more question for you, is the aftermarket cooler or coolers under the manifold on a 6.0 worth their beans versus the stock ones? I got my coolant filter system at 70k and it is up to 150k now, I'm thinking sooner or later they are going to need changed, unless I got lucky !
There are other very viable options out there for the guy's down in CA. I understand that CA drivers are limited, but luckily BPD makes a very good egr cooler upgrade that is a tubular style engine coolant/oil flow versus the stack-on-plate design. And better yet, it WORKS.

YES! The oil cooler is well worth the extra money because you have two options:
1. Support your factory/existing engine oil cooler with additional cooling in case the one in the valley of the engine fails.
2. Eliminate the problematic valley oil cooler entirely and go to an air/oil cooler setup. No more worrying about a clogged oil cooler, no more engine engine coolant being used to cool engine oil, and no more cheesy cartridge filters; just good ole' spin on oil filters like the 7.3's had.

08 CCSB 6.4 617 RWHP Fuel Only Un-corrected ***SOLD**
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #62 of 64 (permalink) Old 11-11-2015, 05:45 PM

I had mine painted at a body shop. Came out really nice. No more black flakes on me.
post #63 of 64 (permalink) Old 11-11-2015, 05:49 PM

EGR delete is illegal in good old CA. When they do the visual inspection they look for the egr and any check engine lights.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #64 of 64 (permalink) Old 11-12-2015, 10:09 AM

With regards to the oil cooler in CA. Need to check the exempt section of the smog manual or it must be approved by the EPA. Any add on that changes the operating temp of the engine has to be EPA approved is what the EPA told me.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com > 1999-2007 Ford Super Duties > Upgrades and Aftermarket - 6.0L Engine

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in