App: Torque 6.0L - Page 3 - Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com
Upgrades and Aftermarket - 6.0L Engine Upgrading or adding OEM or aftermarket equipment to your 2003-Up Super Duty or Excursion with 6.0L Power Stroke diesel engine. Please confine discussion of topics in this forum to those items that are specific to the 6.0L Power Stroke engine.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #31 of 75 (permalink) Old 03-28-2014, 09:24 PM

My Photos: (0)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteamRollin View Post
After hours of searching I might have found the iPhone wireless EGT probe, I'm not sure if it works with Engine Link or Torque, but it IS wifi, so it was designed in mind for the iPhone/iPad.
AEM Power X-WiFi Wideband UEGO & EGT Wireless Gauge Controller

NOW, for the meat and taters.
PLX makes an OBDII bluetooth dongle (which is essentially what we TP users all have) called Kiwi 2 Bluetooth. PLX also makes a device called the PLX SM-EGT, this is an EGT sensor module that can directly connect to the Kiwi 2 BT. So you can now have an EGT reading through TP, but that's not all, you can also daisy chain up to 32 of these SM and be able to display them through TP.

I must be dreaming...
According to the web site it won't work with Torque or Engine Link. They list several apps that work with it, but none have the ability to view or configure Ford's enhanced PIDs. Basically, you just get the basics. One app, DashBoss, does have an add-on for Ford, but it looks like it's geared towards the gasser world.

I have a hard time believing only certain apps can talk with the Kiwi. All the OBD stuff is very standardized, so it seems if an app can read OBD it should work. The Kiwi is just the wifi interface. Maybe the apps they list pay to be there.

I'm going to try and get a hold of somebody in tech support Monday and see if Engine Link or Torque will work.

Scott

SOLD -- 2006 F-250 PSD, Lariat
Mods: All the usual stuff

2015 F350, 4x4, Platinum

"Let us endeavor so to live that when we come to die even the undertaker will be sorry" - Mark Twain
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 75 (permalink) Old 03-29-2014, 11:17 AM Thread Starter

PLX link: Kiwi 2 Bluetooth

On the bottom of this page it indicates that the Kiwi 2 Bluetooth is compatible with Android apps Dash Command, Torque, OBD Autodoctor, OBD Droidscan Pro, DragFX, alOBD ScanGenPro, and ScanXL for PC.

The Kiwi 2 Wifi is only compatible with iOS apps Dash Command, Rev, Roaders, Speedport, Harry's Lap Timer Pro, BMWhat, OBIE, DragFX, FuzzyCar, and ScanXL for PC

Now I haven't used this configuration yet nor have I found any Powerstroke owners who use this, but if its stated on the site that it is compatible with these apps then I don't see how they wouldn't work.

'05 F250 Lariat 4x4 / Torque Pro / ARPs w/OEM HGs / Banks Ram-Air / Banks High-Ram Intake / Banks 4" Monster Exhaust(Muffler Delete) / Banks Techni-Cooler Intercooler / Sinister Coolant Filter Kit / Pace Edwards electronic bedlocker / stock wheels & tires / LED bulb conversion

Last edited by SteamRollin; 03-29-2014 at 11:20 AM.
post #33 of 75 (permalink) Old 03-29-2014, 01:02 PM

I was only looking at the wifi page. I'd like to make something work with my iPhone, if possible. Might just run the Engine Link for a while. I bet Kiwi will expand compatibility to Engine Link wifi or Apple will stop being stupid about their Bluetooth (doubtful).

Anyway, my LYL Elm327 is on the way. Should be here mid-next week.

Scott

SOLD -- 2006 F-250 PSD, Lariat
Mods: All the usual stuff

2015 F350, 4x4, Platinum

"Let us endeavor so to live that when we come to die even the undertaker will be sorry" - Mark Twain

post #34 of 75 (permalink) Old 03-30-2014, 09:42 PM Thread Starter

I'm seriously considering trying the PLX Kiwi 2 Bluetooth and adding 2 sensor modules from PLX as well to expand the monitoring capabilities to EGT and fuel pressure as well. I'll be starting some major maintenance upgrades starting this May. I will keep a digital camera on my side throughout these modifications to share with everyone. I'll keep you all posted.

'05 F250 Lariat 4x4 / Torque Pro / ARPs w/OEM HGs / Banks Ram-Air / Banks High-Ram Intake / Banks 4" Monster Exhaust(Muffler Delete) / Banks Techni-Cooler Intercooler / Sinister Coolant Filter Kit / Pace Edwards electronic bedlocker / stock wheels & tires / LED bulb conversion
post #35 of 75 (permalink) Old 04-02-2014, 05:45 PM

The torque app is a great way of monitoring your 6.0. I have been very happy until 3 weeks ago. I think some of you guys with a lot more knowledge about apps may be able to help me out. I had the FICM replaced and reprogrammed. My Torque app no longer seems to work properly. I used to have EOT,ECT, FICM voltage, batt voltage,tran temp., boost as my display. On the sensors to choose from to reset my screen, I no longer can monitor EOT, my tranny temp is the same as coolant temp and their is no FICM voltage sensor. I tried to delete the app and start over but that did not help. I went to the forum and was quickly overwhelmed by stuff that I know nothing about, help. I really don't want to spend $300 on a monitoring system when the Torque app worked flawless before the repair.
post #36 of 75 (permalink) Old 04-03-2014, 06:52 AM

Did you unplug and plug back in the device communicating with the ODBII port?

'06 F250 4x4 - 5" Flo Pro exhaust, SB Filter intake, Accufab elbow, Edge Evolution (monitoring only), SCT w/ ID custom tune, FASS 195 pump, Gillette Diesel EGR cooler delete, Sinister Diesel coolant filter, ELC coolant, updated turbo drain tube/oil feed line/STC fitting/oil cooler, ARPs w/OEM HGs, Elite coolant lines, ITP RR fuel system, RCD 175/30 injectors, Powermax, BD CCV, FICM.com FICM w/ ID tune, Elite UP, BPD water pump - 13.069 @ 101.94

'02 WRX - Outback rear disc swap, EBC green pads, DBA pillar vane rotors, TXS UP/TBE/TMIC, Perrin LW crank pulley, PPG billet steel shift forks, ACT Streetlite flywheel & clutch, K&N filter, STi Group N motor/trans mounts, TiC/Kartboy rear diff mounts/subframe lock bolts/outrigger stiffeners, Kartboy SS & all shifter bushings, custom PDX tune for Cobb AP - went 14.1 on a terrible 60ft before most of these mods; shooting for 13.50s
post #37 of 75 (permalink) Old 04-03-2014, 07:29 AM

I have unplugged ODB, deleted the torque app and reinstalled and still not working. I went through the entire set up process again and still not working. I went to the torque forum and read post and thread after thread trying to find out what could be wrong and nothing.

2005 F250 Crew Cab Lariat 4x4
Banks 4" exhaust
EGR delete
Blue Spring update
Torque App
New Oil Cooler
Turbo Drain tube upgrade
Sinister Coolant filter with Cat1 ELC

Last edited by Bsh102; 04-03-2014 at 07:33 AM.
post #38 of 75 (permalink) Old 04-03-2014, 08:09 AM Thread Starter

I haven't had to deal with my FICM yet, I don't know that I can be much help to you. But your situation makes me wonder if a name brand monitor would be able to read these same parameters that TP is having difficulties reading. I don't think they would be able to.
I'm gonna go out on a limb and assume you have the Pro version and not the Free version???
The advantage you would have with Pro is the full list of predefined extended Ford PIDs. I'm not sure if you've noticed that in that list there are multiple versions for some specific PIDs.
I know for a fact that EOT for my 6.0 is ONLY read by the "Engine Oil Temp", NOT the one labeled "Engine Oil Temperature". The one labeled Engine Oil Temperature will not give you any reading for a 6.0. I learned that bit of information on the TP forums.
So perhaps its just a matter of selecting the proper PID. If you're are reading this and thinking to yourself, No I've taken that into consideration already and have tried that(after all you did say it worked flawlessly prior to replacing your FICM), then I wouldn't be surprised if the FICM is the culprit. I know very little about the FICM, I'm aware of why folks are having to fix them, so I'm not saying you have another FICM issue but I'd be on the phone with who ever reprogrammed it and I'd be asking them why am I not able to read these parameters off of my monitor thru OBDII? That's what I would try first.

post #39 of 75 (permalink) Old 04-03-2014, 10:58 AM

After a few hours of playing and reading, I got most of the Pids to work except my engine oil temp which is still reading Celsius. I went into the manage part of the Pids and changed it to F but it did not change it on my screen. I remember something about, you have to change something but don't remember and can't seem to find the thread where I got the info the first time.

Banks 4" exhaust
EGR delete
Blue Spring update
Torque App
New Oil Cooler
Turbo Drain tube upgrade
post #40 of 75 (permalink) Old 04-03-2014, 11:25 AM Thread Starter

Should be able to switch from C to F in the settings. From the main menu push your options button, a settings icon should come up in the bottom left side. Once you select, you will see a list of options and Units will be where you want to look for. By default the "Use Celsius" box should be checked, you'll want the "Use Fahrenheit" to be checked . Again if you see that this is something you have already done then I'd have to go back to the PID formula to make sure it is correct.

The info for that specific PID is
PID: 221310
Minimum Value: 0
Maximum Value: 300
Scale Factor: x1
Unit:C
Equation: (((A*256)+B)/100)-40
OBD Header: Auto

Make sure yours matches what this is for the "Engine Oil Temp". I see that you had changed the unit portion from C to F. This needs to be corrected. Let me know if you still have issues.

post #41 of 75 (permalink) Old 04-03-2014, 11:34 AM

On my display I see a smley face in the equation. It should be B ) without the spaces of course.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

2006 F-350 King Ranch 6.0; Banks Ram-Air; EGR Delete; 4" exhaust; Banks 6-Gun (non funct after EGR Delete); 20" Wheels.
post #42 of 75 (permalink) Old 04-03-2014, 12:01 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedStagg View Post
On my display I see a smley face in the equation. It should be B ) without the spaces of course.
The smiley face is probably from a emoticon app on your phone/tablet. But yes, WITHOUT the spaces this is how the equation for "Engine Oil Temp" is displayed. I would do what I could to make sure it read just as I posted.

Bsh102, I'm glad to see you were able to get the other PIDs to read correctly and I hope my previous recommendation helps.

post #43 of 75 (permalink) Old 04-03-2014, 12:03 PM Thread Starter

Sorry RedStagg! I thought that was a question. oops

post #44 of 75 (permalink) Old 04-03-2014, 12:17 PM

My equation is identical to the one Steam posted. I deleted the PiD form my screen and fixed the F that I put in there and than rebooted and added the engine oil temp PiD and it still reads Celsius. I have it changed in the main setting to read Fahrenheit all other gauges are correct except EOT the important one.

Banks 4" exhaust
EGR delete
Blue Spring update
Torque App
New Oil Cooler
Turbo Drain tube upgrade
post #45 of 75 (permalink) Old 04-03-2014, 12:21 PM

Steam, I just reread your first post above. In the units section, I should have the box checked that says use degrees Celsius intead of Fahrenheit ?

It should be unchecked to use Fahrenheit, I switched and all the other Pids went to Celsius.

Banks 4" exhaust
EGR delete
Blue Spring update
Torque App
New Oil Cooler
Turbo Drain tube upgrade

Last edited by Bsh102; 04-03-2014 at 12:23 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com > 1999-2007 Ford Super Duties > Upgrades and Aftermarket - 6.0L Engine

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in