Bank's Six Gun, Predator or The Edge w/ Juice. - Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com
Upgrades and Aftermarket - 6.0L Engine Upgrading or adding OEM or aftermarket equipment to your 2003-Up Super Duty or Excursion with 6.0L Power Stroke diesel engine. Please confine discussion of topics in this forum to those items that are specific to the 6.0L Power Stroke engine.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 13 (permalink) Old 10-26-2004, 06:27 PM

Bank's Six Gun, Predator or The Edge w/ Juice.

I am looking for a power adder for my new 05 with MANUAL trans.

I know they are different in what they do and which one offers more hp or more diagnostics, but <font color="red">OVERALL</font> which one just seems to work best?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old 10-26-2004, 08:22 PM

My Photos: (0)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Re: Bank's Six Gun, Predator or The Edge w/ Juice.

For me the only option is the edge the Banks 6 gun you have to splice into factory wiring making permanent damage. Can you say factory warranty void! Edge just plugs in and out. Mine works excellent.
post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old 10-26-2004, 08:35 PM

My Photos: (2)

Beleive me, I've tried them all, still running my Edge Juice [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/biggrin.gif[/img]

2002 F-250 Crew Cab 4x4 Short Bed, Lariat, (VDH2) 37.50x13.50x22 Kumho's, on 22x10 Gear Alloy Sprocket's,Dual Bilstein's,AFE Stage 2 W/ Pro Guard 7,Garret GTP38R Ball Bearing Turbo, Autometer Gauge's, S.S. Turbo back Dual Magnaflow S.S., Zoodad, DVD player and TV
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old 10-27-2004, 09:20 AM

My Photos: (7)

1991Driver,

I would have to agree with the previous posters, Edge all the way!!!! We sell them 3 to 1 with all the other brands we stock everyday!

Mark @ DPPI
post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old 10-27-2004, 09:40 AM

Does the Edge for the '04 fit the '05? OR are they year specific? Do you have them in stock? PM me some pricing if you will please.

I think I am going to get the EDGE w/Additude and Juice?

Thank you very much, Jason Slaughter
post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old 10-27-2004, 12:05 PM

My Photos: (16)

I looked into banks and it does just plug into factory harness just like all others, only thing you have to do is tap in and hook up EGT gauge for the speedloader to work

-Aaron
'04 F250 6.0L 4x4 6 SPD
2" Leveling Kit, 37x13x18 Xterrains, 18"x9" Rockstars, 3.5" Hangers, Ladder Bars, Front/Rear Bumper Replacement, Bed Liner, Acetoned Badges, LED ID Bar, GOS upgraded headlight harness, Black Headlights/Corners, Smoked Cab Lights, Euro Taillights, 4" Turbo Back w/ 6" Tip, Proguard 7 Intake, Outlook Monitor, South Bend Clutch, Centramatics, SCT by DJ, Train Horn, Air compressor w/ 5 gal. tank, CCV rerouted, Fluidampr, Fuel Crossover, DAHL 100, Banjo Bolts Drilled & Regulator Shimmed, Zoodad, Oil Bypass w/ Billet Filter Caps, Coolant Filter, Accufab Intake Elbow, midwesttrans short throw shifter, LIPD Fuel System, 4.30 gears

404 / 778 on Dunbar's Dyno
post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old 10-28-2004, 10:12 AM

My Photos: (8)

If you want safe power, I recommend the Banks kit.

If you follow the instructions there is no permanent wire damage.

Tapping the manifold for the pyro is easy.

If you look at the hp/torque graphs for each one, the Banks makes the power where you want it.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2001 Platinum F250 - Few things here.....Few things there......including a 12V cummins

post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old 10-28-2004, 07:41 PM

04 will not fit the 05 trucks
post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old 10-29-2004, 01:46 AM

[ QUOTE ]
1991Driver,

I would have to agree with the previous posters, Edge all the way!!!! We sell them 3 to 1 with all the other brands we stock everyday!

Mark @ DPPI

[/ QUOTE ]

Then why are you running a Van Aaken box on your personal truck? [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] Any comments, or is the "Boss" just testing other products too? [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]
post #10 of 13 (permalink) Old 10-29-2004, 06:39 AM

woodsracer,

Guess you'll have to start calling me weekly to see what I am running. The Edge is back in and has been for approx 3 weeks or more. I constantly change to make sure the products are "tested" here and that we "know" what works and doesn't. We even do that with a lot of the competitions products.

Mark @ DPPI
post #11 of 13 (permalink) Old 10-29-2004, 06:42 AM

1991Driver,

Yes we have them available. The Juice is fine with the 2005's the Attitude isn't quite ready for the 2005's as Ford changed a few things and it will get you some odd readings on occasion. I would reccomend waiting or just getting the Juice for now as the Edge is THE product to have if you want the digitial gauge system with safety defueling etc.

Mark @ DPPI
post #12 of 13 (permalink) Old 10-29-2004, 11:13 AM

We have installed many of the Banks Six-Guns and Edge Juice. Either of these seem to work very well. The differnce will be that with the Edge the gauges are part of the display and with Banks the Guages are seperate. When we install the Six-Gun on the 05 we have been using the white faced Di-pricol gauges with chrome bezel. They are not an exact match for the new dash, but do look really good.

2001 F-250 Crew, long box, 4x4, Big Hoss level-5 Chip, Turbo Air Guide (TAG-II), Ford AIS air intake with foam sleeve, Monster exhaust, Aeroturbine, exhaust Guide, 6.0L intercooler, Di-Pricol Optix gauges, IHC CPS, Premo Oil Refiner, Banks Exhaust brake, SmartLock, Banks Quick Turbo, Six-Gun.

2000 Excursion PSD limited, Banks Big Hoss level-5 Chip, Turbo Air Guide (TAG-II), Banks Transcommand, UNI 2-stage foam air filter, 4" aluminized exhaust with 4" down pipe and 2 Aeroturbines.

97 F-250 Powerstoke 4x4 Banks Power Pack etc.

2006 VW Jetta, PD TDI, not modified yet[/i]
post #13 of 13 (permalink) Old 10-29-2004, 01:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
woodsracer,

Guess you'll have to start calling me weekly to see what I am running. The Edge is back in and has been for approx 3 weeks or more. I constantly change to make sure the products are "tested" here and that we "know" what works and doesn't. We even do that with a lot of the competitions products.

Mark @ DPPI

[/ QUOTE ]

You bet I will!!! [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img] I like talking to you! [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com > 1999-2007 Ford Super Duties > Upgrades and Aftermarket - 6.0L Engine

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in