BullyDog Question - Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com
Upgrades and Aftermarket - 6.0L Engine Upgrading or adding OEM or aftermarket equipment to your 2003-Up Super Duty or Excursion with 6.0L Power Stroke diesel engine. Please confine discussion of topics in this forum to those items that are specific to the 6.0L Power Stroke engine.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 04-16-2017, 12:41 AM Thread Starter

My Photos: (0)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
BullyDog Question

Accepting the fact that most of you run SCT and have very strong feelings about SCT....but if you have experience with their tuner and you can withhold your opinion about BullyDog for an 03 PSD with an 05 tranny....

My diesel shop updated my BullyDog and installed 3 custom tunes after I spent a fair amount bulletproofing and updating my entire rig (I already own two BullyDog tuners and choose to spend the money on the truck than yet another tuner). They installed three tunes but the tuner is not displaying the different tunes to allow choosing. And of course it is a weekend with no one to call. Any tips? It keeps allowing me to choose to eliminate the speed regulator, but no one choice. I've flashed it back to stock and then installed tune, but it didn't let me select a specific tune. ANd now it seems to randomly change among the three tunes and I'm running the "extreme" tune after starting with the street tune, then getting the Tow tune on followed by the extreme.

Any experienced BullyDog users (and if someone prefers to stay in the closet about it, please message me.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 04-19-2017, 04:51 PM

I get the whole horse and water thing, but I'm going to sat it anyway: Just get an SCT tuner which you will be able to get support for on this forum. Saving money on a tuner is not the place to save money, because tuning is the most important aspect of modifying one of these trucks. If the trans isn't tuned right you will eat the trans. I know from experience, and that's $3,500 I'm not getting back. There are a lot of ways to get power out of a Diesel with tuning, but only one right way, and with the best Ford tuners all using SCT the brain trust is with SCT. I'm sure I can write you a tune that will throw 50 degrees of fuel timing into the engine and make it feel like a rocket ship, and it will be, right up until the point where it blows up.

We get a few guys a year here asking for help with a Banks Six Gun, etc. Their posts go unanswered for a reason. I promise I'm not trying to be argumentative, embarrass you, poke fun, etc. I'm just trying to give you solid advice coming from a guy who's made some mistakes modifying his own truck that he's owned since day one. The best mod I ever made was the SCT tuning.

'06 F250 4x4 - 5" Flo Pro exhaust, SB Filter intake, Accufab elbow, Edge Evolution (monitoring only), SCT w/ ID custom tune, FASS 195 pump, Gillette Diesel EGR cooler delete, Sinister Diesel coolant filter, ELC coolant, updated turbo drain tube/oil feed line/STC fitting/oil cooler, ARPs w/OEM HGs, Elite coolant lines, ITP RR fuel system, RCD 175/30 injectors, Powermax, BD CCV, FICM.com FICM w/ ID tune, Elite UP, BPD water pump - 13.069 @ 101.94

'02 WRX - Outback rear disc swap, EBC green pads, DBA pillar vane rotors, TXS UP/TBE/TMIC, Perrin LW crank pulley, PPG billet steel shift forks, ACT Streetlite flywheel & clutch, K&N filter, STi Group N motor/trans mounts, TiC/Kartboy rear diff mounts/subframe lock bolts/outrigger stiffeners, Kartboy SS & all shifter bushings, custom PDX tune for Cobb AP - went 14.1 on a terrible 60ft before most of these mods; shooting for 13.50s
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 07-24-2017, 08:43 AM

If I were you I would research the Bully Dog tuners here and on other forums, they do not have a very good rep as far as trans life is concerned with the6.0/5R110 trans combo. Not going to a SCT tuner could be a expensive call on your part.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 10-17-2017, 07:32 PM

This is not nothing to do about the bullydog but what where do I get a good SCT tuner from? Thanks
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 10-19-2017, 06:39 PM

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Powerstrocker550 View Post
This is not nothing to do about the bullydog but what where do I get a good SCT tuner from? Thanks
Here is the SCT X4. Probably the most popular SCT tuning product for the 6.0L.

https://www.dp-tuner.com/ford-powers...7015-6-0l.html
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com > 1999-2007 Ford Super Duties > Upgrades and Aftermarket - 6.0L Engine

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in