COMPLETE sct tuner, ARP studs, Gaskets kit Q & A help. - Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com
Upgrades and Aftermarket - 6.0L Engine Upgrading or adding OEM or aftermarket equipment to your 2003-Up Super Duty or Excursion with 6.0L Power Stroke diesel engine. Please confine discussion of topics in this forum to those items that are specific to the 6.0L Power Stroke engine.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 13 (permalink) Old 11-29-2010, 11:28 AM Thread Starter

My Photos: (0)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
COMPLETE sct tuner, ARP studs, Gaskets kit Q & A help.

I am getting an 06 f250 with 80k miles on it. I am looking to get a lot of use out of this truck and i have been looking at the regular things i need to have done to achiev a reliable truck. I am in the market for arp studs etc etc. SCT tuner (Do not know which model). In this search i found a entire solution for this. With black onyx gaskets, exhaust gaskets, and intake gaskets. ARP studs EGR Delete kit. Etc etc i will have the link. I really want to know some more information. The SCT tuner is the SF3 editions i do not know if this is a good choice or if they offer better. Please get back to me with this. Also i would like to know what choices i should make because it offers to drop down menus with which egr delete kits. I do not know which ones you all would prefer i do not mind paying the extra money for the best. Please get back to me with all the details about this thank you.

-Jesse
Complete Solution for 6.0L Powerstroke w/ SCT SF3 Tuner
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old 11-29-2010, 06:38 PM

SCT x3 is the one you want for custom tunes.

2005 F250 CCSB FX4 Lariat Lux Pkg, Banks Monster Exhaust, Sinister EGR Delete kit, ARP Studs, Dieselsite Coolant Filter, Edge Insight Gauges, Autometer Phantom II Fuel Pressure Gauge, Blue spring upgrade, 6.4 Fuel Banjo Bolts, Upgraded HPOP fitting, Innovative Diesel SCT X3, Red Head steering box.
post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old 11-30-2010, 08:45 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by champelite210 View Post
SCT x3 is the one you want for custom tunes.
Well it states that you can get custom tunes with this package. And it also states the fact that this device has more room then any other allowing for the three default tunes + three custom tunes on many forums.

So im not for sure.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old 11-30-2010, 09:19 AM Thread Starter

I think i found this same package just without the tuner. So i can get the better tuner separately. Even though there is a big discount on it all. Thats fine.

Still need to know which EGR Delete kit you all prefer.

Last edited by Jesse Chaney; 11-30-2010 at 11:31 AM.
post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old 11-30-2010, 05:50 PM

Do you have emissions? If so go with the BPD Delete if not and money is no cpncern look into the entire intake manifold from Gogo Diesel
post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old 12-01-2010, 10:17 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gumby86 View Post
Do you have emissions? If so go with the BPD Delete if not and money is no cpncern look into the entire intake manifold from Gogo Diesel
I cant spend much my budget is around 5 grand. I can go to about 7... But i would not like to. And remember i have to get it all installed. And there is an Adrenalin Diesel performance along with an Innovative Diesel, I think, And there is labor i have to pay for. But if it comes down to it i can do it myself. But i feel safer going to professional.
post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old 12-03-2010, 10:32 AM
Lifetime Supporting Member

I'm contemplating the same for my 2006 F-350. First Coast Diesel Performance near me sells a modified Ford intake manifold with EGR delete. They can also do the complete installation (intake with EGR delete, head studs, etc.) in their shop. The installed price for everything was in the $4,400-$4,900 range, maybe a little more depending on tuner package and other options. The cab-off installation for studs, etc. requires about two days but Adam likes to have the truck a week for followup and testing.

Last edited by jmcalli; 12-03-2010 at 10:35 AM. Reason: misspelling
post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old 12-03-2010, 11:27 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmcalli View Post
I'm contemplating the same for my 2006 F-350. First Coast Diesel Performance near me sells a modified Ford intake manifold with EGR delete. They can also do the complete installation (intake with EGR delete, head studs, etc.) in their shop. The installed price for everything was in the $4,400-$4,900 range, maybe a little more depending on tuner package and other options. The cab-off installation for studs, etc. requires about two days but Adam likes to have the truck a week for followup and testing.
4900 WITH parts? I would hope so. The truck im looking at is still under warranty so im going to call around and see if i can have it all done under warrenty maybe haha. xD
post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old 12-03-2010, 01:52 PM

Yes, $4400-4900 parts and labor. If the truck's head gaskets are leaking you might get head studs and gaskets under the Ford powertrain warranty but certainly not the EGR delete. Ford won't delete emission systems. What's the warranty - 5 years? Your vehicle might be reaching the end of it.
post #10 of 13 (permalink) Old 12-03-2010, 02:02 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmcalli View Post
Yes, $4400-4900 parts and labor. If the truck's head gaskets are leaking you might get head studs and gaskets under the Ford powertrain warranty but certainly not the EGR delete. Ford won't delete emission systems. What's the warranty - 5 years? Your vehicle might be reaching the end of it.
I think so yes i am not for sure i will have to look into it. But im sure if i call around and make some bogus etc up they will do it. Just call around i have NO Problem driving a couple hourse for free labor on that job haha. But the only other question is EGR delete needs the same things taken off as a stud and gasket job correct? :/ thats the only thing i would still have to pay pretty much the same thing to get the EGR delete... hmmm Or i could get an upgraded one. But i would love to just get rid of the thing all together.
post #11 of 13 (permalink) Old 12-03-2010, 05:33 PM

R&R of the EGR system is much easier than the stud install
post #12 of 13 (permalink) Old 12-06-2010, 07:48 AM

EGR delete can be done without pulling the intake manifold. It will be a Dealer issue if you do pull it as it will likely void your warranty. The truth of the matter is, most diesel mechanics (even at the dealer) will tell you it helps the engine when pulled. This is all about emissions control and a greener world. There are some interesting reading material about egr and oil cooler issues on this forum. Oil cooler must remain in place and the key is keeping it clean and serviceable always. I realize you want to add tunes, but a wise person would ensure he has a stable platform to dance on.

04,F250,XLT,FX4,CC,6.0,3.73 LS,True Blue, MBRP Turbo back & Catless, Born On Date Nov. 03.

02,HD "Deuce" FXSTDI, Stage 1, Vance & Hines staggered, Teal w/ lots of chrome.
post #13 of 13 (permalink) Old 12-06-2010, 08:49 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by deucer View Post
EGR delete can be done without pulling the intake manifold. It will be a Dealer issue if you do pull it as it will likely void your warranty. The truth of the matter is, most diesel mechanics (even at the dealer) will tell you it helps the engine when pulled. This is all about emissions control and a greener world. There are some interesting reading material about egr and oil cooler issues on this forum. Oil cooler must remain in place and the key is keeping it clean and serviceable always. I realize you want to add tunes, but a wise person would ensure he has a stable platform to dance on.
Well With new studs and gaskets along with a truck that has only 80k miles on it driven by an old man who had put not a single thing in the bed. Im sure it can take a tune or two.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com > 1999-2007 Ford Super Duties > Upgrades and Aftermarket - 6.0L Engine

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in