Edge without Attitude question. - Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com
Upgrades and Aftermarket - 6.0L Engine Upgrading or adding OEM or aftermarket equipment to your 2003-Up Super Duty or Excursion with 6.0L Power Stroke diesel engine. Please confine discussion of topics in this forum to those items that are specific to the 6.0L Power Stroke engine.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-10-2004, 08:09 AM Thread Starter

My Photos: (0)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Edge without Attitude question.

Is it worth just buying the edge without the attitude? My only purpose would be to gain 40-60HP to enhance the towing performance only. I am not looking to drag race just towing performance. I heard the attitide does all this other stuff beside the gauges which i hear are not accurate so is it worth the extra $250 for the de-fueling and what ever other features it may bring to the table? thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-10-2004, 08:17 AM

My Photos: (2)
Re: Edge without Attitude question.

I personally like the Juice only. The shifting is much better in the max Juice level (100 HP), which is equivilant to the Attitude level 4. Shifting is VERY impressive without the attitude in this setting, however not so hot in level 4 w/ the attitude. If you plan on doing any towing, even with only a 65 HP bump, you will need an EGT gauge to be safe. If you don't want over 65 HP, you shouldn't need the defueling. The only problem is that once you feel the gain at 65, you're going to want go higher since it's just a button/switch flip away...trust me! The EGT and boost readings of the attitude are on the high side, which will keep you VERY safe if you adhere to those numbers, but I prefer analog gauges, even if they are cheap autometers. Since you're not looking for crazy high HP, you may want to consider the Predator. Not that Edge makes a poor product (trust me...the customer service is the BEST in the industry), I just feel that for the $$, the predator cannot be touched.

-Robert-
-2004/2004 F-350 XLT Sport, True Blue, FX4, CC, LWB, 6.0 w/ Torqshift. Sold 8/13/04 :-(

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

-2004 F-150 Lariat, Supercab, 4WD (Replaced the blue beast)
-1993 Mustang GT, 330ci stroker, naturally aspirated, 387 RWHP/385 RWTQ, [email protected]
-2001 Mustang GT Bullitt
-2004 Explorer Limited, 4.6 (Wife's car)
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-10-2004, 09:58 AM

My Photos: (7)

r0kcrwlr,

Morning we sell a lot of Juices without the Attitude for folks just like you that are looking for a nice power increase without needing the max HP increase for towing and the like etc.

I would still like you to consider a pyro to be safe though, we have Auto Meter single gauge mounts that sit on the steering column that are great for that. Call us fi we can help you answer any questions etc.

Mark @ DPPI
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-10-2004, 10:15 AM

I noticed that the juice alone in the 100hp mode seems to have alot less power than with the attitude in mode #3. i think this is why it shifts ok without the attitude. its just a seat of the pants observation. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shrug.gif[/img]
Jamie

"New Older Good truck"
03 F250 EXT CAB Shadow Gray 7.3, auto, sport package,Dp Tuner 80 econo,100 race, 120,140 smoke, home made tymar..........

"OLD TRADED JUNK TRUCK"
04 F350 XLT FX4 CC SB 4X4 6.0 torque shift with 04 motor built 10/03 6.5" pro-comp lift with 37x13.5x16 xterrain's on 16x10 extreem 1879's with MX6 shocks, afe intake, dppi turbo back exaust, 4.56 gears and detroit softlocker....

rs6 bi-xenon hid projector retrofit into stock headlights.....

Crimestopper 2016fm pager alarm remote start.....

Tranny upgrades:
Suncoast 5R110 Extreem rebuild kit with tripple lock Tourque Converter (self installed)
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-10-2004, 11:21 AM

My Photos: (2)

I have the edge without attitude and it's more then enough extra power and I don't have a shifting problem at all. I think the extra HP with the attitude is just a bit much for the tranny. I do have gauges. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-10-2004, 04:02 PM

Mark
Do you have a picture of what the mount looks like?

Thanks
TasMan

2004/04 Engine,King Ranch,F-250,4x4,SWB,3.73 LS, Adjustable pedals,Reverse sensor,Moon roof,clearance lights, Power rear window,Heated seats,Bedliner, DPPI T-409 Turbo Back, AFE Pro-Guard7, C-Bet'r mirror, Fumoto drain valve, AIC, Extange Tonneu, Lund SS Interceptor, Siver Star Bulbs, Harpooned tank, SUV double wiring harness, Bright Box, Clifford RS 3.5 alarm, 3" Edge Plush Ride, Bilstein Shocks, Westin Sportsman CPS Grille Guard, XM Commander wired in with a PIE Adapter, Eagle 137 series rims and Bridgestone Revos 285/75-16, Husky Liner Mud Flaps.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
UpDated 27 October 2005
Retired Chief Warrant Officer 4
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-10-2004, 04:38 PM

If you tried it with the attitude you would realy like the power. it has alot less lagg with it and is almost scary fast. i agree about the extra power its a little to much for the tranny with it.
Jamie

"New Older Good truck"
03 F250 EXT CAB Shadow Gray 7.3, auto, sport package,Dp Tuner 80 econo,100 race, 120,140 smoke, home made tymar..........

"OLD TRADED JUNK TRUCK"
04 F350 XLT FX4 CC SB 4X4 6.0 torque shift with 04 motor built 10/03 6.5" pro-comp lift with 37x13.5x16 xterrain's on 16x10 extreem 1879's with MX6 shocks, afe intake, dppi turbo back exaust, 4.56 gears and detroit softlocker....

rs6 bi-xenon hid projector retrofit into stock headlights.....

Crimestopper 2016fm pager alarm remote start.....

Tranny upgrades:
Suncoast 5R110 Extreem rebuild kit with tripple lock Tourque Converter (self installed)
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-10-2004, 08:10 PM

Hey there. I had a box first (not saying who's) [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]...then gauges. Let me tell you...I did not have to be on the high setting to wrap the EGT's up to 1500*F!!
In my opinion, gauges are the LIFELINE to your engine. Without them...it's anybodies guess what your doing to your engine!!
For the price I paid for the box and then the gauges, I didn't save anything. I should of got the "all in one" package in the first place.(oh well) [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shrug.gif[/img]
I now have a different module (not saying who's) [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/biggrin.gif[/img], and it came with the display. Which includes the boost, rpm,and EGT's.
Yes, the digital display is slightly higher, but this is SAFER!!
No body is telling you that you have to run on the highest setting of any box, but I bet you "TRY" it!!!! And theres no turning back after that!!!
[img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/biggrin.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/biggrin.gif[/img]

I have a pillar-mount gauge assembly, with the gauges for sale...PM me if interested!! [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Can You Keep Up?
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-13-2004, 08:42 AM

I notice high EGTs when I run in level 4 (100hp) with edge/attitude when passing at highway speeds so I think you folks need to be really careful running edge without attitude in 100hp setting. When I run in level 3 (80hp) I get almost no defueling due to high EGTs. Without gauges and using edge without attitude, I recommend you run in 75hp setting. All my experience is unloaded. I don't have a good feel for pulling a trailer.
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-15-2004, 10:10 AM

My Photos: (7)

tasman,

Not yet, go to www.autometer.com, it's for a Dodge but it's basically the same look.

Mark @ DPPI
post #11 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-18-2004, 11:42 PM
Lifetime Supporting Member

I have a question for those of you that have the Juice without the Attitude. Where are you mounting your flip switch?? I'm debating where this should go. I'm guessing it should be inside the cab, but I really don't want to drill any holes in my dash.

Suggestions?? [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shrug.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shrug.gif[/img]

2003 Toreador Red/Arizona Beige CC, DRW, Lariat, FX4, 6.0 PSD, Torqshift, born early Feb. 03; AIC; Silverline turbo-back dual exhaust; 155cc injectors from Full Force Diesel (Casserly); SCT with tuning by Tony Wildman (Total Diesel Performance) & Innovative Diesel; ARP studs; Dfuser regulated return; AFE PG7; Fumoto valve; B&W hitch, Di-Pricol gauges; DIESELSITE Coolant filter; Timbrens; Rancho RSXs; Michelin XPS Traction's; a whole bunch of "bling"; Connex 4300hp; Pioneer DEH6100BT; JL Audio 275w amp driving a 12" sub; JL Audio 50wx4 amp driving the Alpine door and rear seat speakers. 380.3hp/786.7ft-lbs (on my tow tune!)

President and Webmaster
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com > 1999-2007 Ford Super Duties > Upgrades and Aftermarket - 6.0L Engine

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in