EGR Delete Options - Page 2 - Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com
Upgrades and Aftermarket - 6.0L Engine Upgrading or adding OEM or aftermarket equipment to your 2003-Up Super Duty or Excursion with 6.0L Power Stroke diesel engine. Please confine discussion of topics in this forum to those items that are specific to the 6.0L Power Stroke engine.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #16 of 23 (permalink) Old 01-25-2018, 06:54 AM

My Photos: (0)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
If you have an android phone you can buy the Torque PRO app for $5, and buy a Bluetooth ODB adapter plug for around $10 on amazon. With the Torque PRO app you can read all of your PID's, do data logging, and also read and clear any fault codes.......much cheaper than buying a tuner if all you want to do it read and clear codes.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #17 of 23 (permalink) Old 01-25-2018, 07:21 AM

You currently have a CEL on, or you're expecting one after the EGR delete? If that's all you want a tuner for I would save my money and see if it sets a CEL first. Early trucks will not set a CEL. '06 may not even be affected.

I would not tune with Edge period. I put one on my truck at 12k miles. By 68k my trans was junk. $3,500 out of pocket (trans warranty only goes to 36k under the "100k powertrain warranty"). SCT tuning and no issues, while making substantially more power. I now only use my Edge as a monitor, for which it works really well. If that's what you want buy the CTS; its a great system. The Torque app works well from what I've heard. You can buy a bluetooth dongle and a used smart phone cheaply enough and mount the phone with a dash mount. You won't get EGT or fuel pressure that way though, which are two important things to monitor, but the cost difference is substantial. Anyway, information if power and all that, and now I've got some more of it.

'06 F250 4x4 - 5" Flo Pro exhaust, SB Filter intake, Accufab elbow, Edge Evolution (monitoring only), SCT w/ ID custom tune, FASS 195 pump, Gillette Diesel EGR cooler delete, Sinister Diesel coolant filter, ELC coolant, updated turbo drain tube/oil feed line/STC fitting/oil cooler, ARPs w/OEM HGs, Elite coolant lines, ITP RR fuel system, RCD 175/30 injectors, Powermax, BD CCV, FICM.com FICM w/ ID tune, Elite UP, BPD water pump - 13.069 @ 101.94

'02 WRX - Outback rear disc swap, EBC green pads, DBA pillar vane rotors, TXS UP/TBE/TMIC, Perrin LW crank pulley, PPG billet steel shift forks, ACT Streetlite flywheel & clutch, K&N filter, STi Group N motor/trans mounts, TiC/Kartboy rear diff mounts/subframe lock bolts/outrigger stiffeners, Kartboy SS & all shifter bushings, custom PDX tune for Cobb AP - went 14.1 on a terrible 60ft before most of these mods; shooting for 13.50s
post #18 of 23 (permalink) Old 01-25-2018, 09:32 AM

Garage
I like the Edge better for monitoring, so I would buy it.

Which tune should I choose?
Have you a link from the SCT?
Thanks

post #19 of 23 (permalink) Old 01-25-2018, 02:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hartwig View Post
I like the Edge better for monitoring, so I would buy it.

Which tune should I choose?
Have you a link from the SCT?
Thanks
Go to Innovative Diesel site....they can sell you the SCT X4 tuner...and also supply you with custom tunes if you want.
post #20 of 23 (permalink) Old 07-29-2018, 01:47 AM

I just got an 05 F350 Super Duty and I am very new to this whole thing. It has a lot of aftermarket changes that I need to understand. I have the SCT tuner and I have been playing around with it. I am still trying out all the different engine options that it offers. I have played it safe up till recently and now my truck exhaust doesn't sound the same as it did when I first started. The truck was very fast and had lots of power, now it sounds bad, and does not put out. It has a small coolant leak near the reservoir. I have had every mechanic I know looking for this thing, it is very slow and it is spraying leaving deposits on the hood and down under. I have a coolant filter which I have replaced. I replaced the reservoir its hose, flushed the system and I am still smelling coolant. I have never worked with or owned a Ford Super Duty and I really like this truck!!!! I don't want to loose it to a lack of knowledge and make a mistake driving it or over looking something or neglecting any signs. Were do I start???
post #21 of 23 (permalink) Old 07-29-2018, 04:24 AM

Garage
to see where your cooling system has e leak, you can pressureise the coolant system an check the cap

post #22 of 23 (permalink) Old 07-29-2018, 06:45 AM

Thank you, I forgot to mention that I had it pressure tested and its holding pressure. I was worried I might have messed up the head gasket but it is holding strong.
post #23 of 23 (permalink) Old 07-29-2018, 12:46 PM

Garage
maybe you have the problem only with a warm/hot engine? Unfortunately, there is no sensor at the 6.0 be warned to low coolant. That would calm me down. Even my 1984 6.2 Chevy have that.
I'm going to fix something so I'll be warned if the coolant disappears
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com > 1999-2007 Ford Super Duties > Upgrades and Aftermarket - 6.0L Engine

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in