Getting ready to do ARP studs and Felpro HG's....what else while I'm in there? - Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com
Upgrades and Aftermarket - 6.0L Engine Upgrading or adding OEM or aftermarket equipment to your 2003-Up Super Duty or Excursion with 6.0L Power Stroke diesel engine. Please confine discussion of topics in this forum to those items that are specific to the 6.0L Power Stroke engine.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 1 (permalink) Old 02-28-2018, 08:01 PM Thread Starter

My Photos: (0)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Question Getting ready to do ARP studs and Felpro HG's....what else while I'm in there?

Well, like all other 6.0 owners...my HG's finally failed (or they could have been bad since I bought the truck 2 months ago). I noticed a little coolant around the coolant cap...checked the pressure with a gauge, and I'm hitting 16psi just cruising around with no load. I guess with 217K miles on the truck, it was bound to happen.

So while I've got the heads off...anything else I should do while I'm in there? I've heard that the 6.4 push rods are something you should really do while you are in there. What about new lifters? I've heard that sometimes they will fail on you...or is that not really an issue?

Here are the things that I've already done to the truck in the last few months since I have owned it.

*EGR Delete
*New oil cooler
*Updated stainless steel screen under oil cooler
*Blue Spring Mod
*Updated SCT fitting
*Updated Dummy Plugs
*Updated Standpipes
*Coolant flush
*Cat EC1 coolant
*Coolant filter
*Cleaned Turbo

Anything else I should do while I'm in there replacing the heads gaskets and installing the ARP studs?

Any tips, trips, or advice would be a huge help. I'm so tires of working on this motor...it seems like it's never ending
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com > 1999-2007 Ford Super Duties > Upgrades and Aftermarket - 6.0L Engine

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in