HELP QUICKLY - STEERING STABILIZERS NEEDED - Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com
Upgrades and Aftermarket - 6.0L Engine Upgrading or adding OEM or aftermarket equipment to your 2003-Up Super Duty or Excursion with 6.0L Power Stroke diesel engine. Please confine discussion of topics in this forum to those items that are specific to the 6.0L Power Stroke engine.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 11-13-2004, 11:44 AM Thread Starter

My Photos: (0)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
HELP QUICKLY - STEERING STABILIZERS NEEDED

HELP -

Looking for a resource to purchase extended steering stabilizers for my truck.

As it is now - everything has been 'completed' at the shop per say and it has been NOTHING but a nightmare to say the least.

Last problem to contend with is that once the front suspension (lift) kit was installed - both steering stabilizer arms are about 3" short of being connected when the springs/shocks are fully extended. THIS can cause a serious problem when off-roading and fully extending/compacting the shocks - which could bind up the stabilizers with the springs - and THAT would be BAD JUJU to say the least.

The STOCK steering stabilizers are both 7" in length. I'd rather NOT have to cut them and insert a 3" length of steel to extend them to 10" if I can avoid it.

What I would LIKE to do is find a set of 10" steering stabilizers that I can install and take the factory ones out completely. I'm not picky on the type of stabilizer - but I'm under the impression that there are some made with shocks and some without - the stock stabilizers DO NOT have shocks. By the way - these are the stabilizers that drop down and connect to the side-to-side sway bars.

Does ANYONE know where I can get a set of these or know where I can have someone take a used factory set and extend (and reinforce) them to be sturdy enough for this type of truck? I am running 35" Toyo M/T on the truck now and it would be nice to use the truck off-road as intended.

Any help will be appreciated - the truck is sitting on the lift now - just waiting for a fix/solution!!!!

HELP !!!!! [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]?????

- Jimmy

2003 Ford F-350 6.0L Superduty Supercab XLT 4x4
SCT X3 Power Flash Handheld Programmer
Custom Perfomance Tuning done by Eric
Phone: 410-620-3020; Toll-Free 1-866-642-7844
ARB AIR LOCKERs w/onboard Air Compressor
- Dana 60 Front & Sterling Full Floating Rear 10.5" w/3.73 gears
Front 3" Leveling Lift / Rear 2.5" add-a-leaf
TOYO Open Country Mud Terrains 315/75 R16

Amsoil Series 3000 Synthetic 5W-30 HDD
AMSOIL SuperDuty Oil Filter SDF88
AMSOIL PCF-60 PowerCore™ Technology Air Filter
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 11-13-2004, 12:33 PM Thread Starter

Re: HELP QUICKLY - STEERING STABILIZERS NEEDED

These are "in a nutshell" what I need (ASAP):

- anti-sway bar link
- adjustable tracking arm

I'm not too familiar with what they are - does ANYONE work with this stuff? Have access to these parts? HELP !!!!
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 11-14-2004, 09:46 AM

What kinda of lift did you get? it should have came with brackets to flip the old sway bar brackets to mount upside down bellow the frame instead of above the frame dropping the sway bar conecting rods (thats what they are called not steering stabalizer) about 4 inches.

the kit should also have came with a dropped pitman arm and a dropped track bar bracket. did it? if so you should be ok. you dont need a adjustable track bar for that little of a lift. no matter what when the suspension is fully extended its gonna pull the front ened over a little. thats just hoe these are desighned. its not possible to have everything perfect all the way through the travle. theres juts a happy medium. good luck. your post is very confusing to read but thats what i got outa it after reading it 4 times!!!. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shrug.gif[/img]
jamie

"New Older Good truck"
03 F250 EXT CAB Shadow Gray 7.3, auto, sport package,Dp Tuner 80 econo,100 race, 120,140 smoke, home made tymar..........

"OLD TRADED JUNK TRUCK"
04 F350 XLT FX4 CC SB 4X4 6.0 torque shift with 04 motor built 10/03 6.5" pro-comp lift with 37x13.5x16 xterrain's on 16x10 extreem 1879's with MX6 shocks, afe intake, dppi turbo back exaust, 4.56 gears and detroit softlocker....

rs6 bi-xenon hid projector retrofit into stock headlights.....

Crimestopper 2016fm pager alarm remote start.....

Tranny upgrades:
Suncoast 5R110 Extreem rebuild kit with tripple lock Tourque Converter (self installed)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 11-14-2004, 09:52 AM Thread Starter

- the kicker is that the company I ordered it from never sent all the parts necessary to install the kit.

- I will never order from them again.
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 11-14-2004, 09:59 AM

Crap [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/eek.gif[/img] doesnt sound like a good sunday for you so far!

Try calling SDHQ. They might have someone there on a Sunday, although I dont know if you can wait for them to ship something.

-Bill

2003 Ford F250 Super Duty 6.0L CrewCab Lariat FX4

Modifications:12.5” DR Lift, DR Sig Series Reserviors, 40" Toyo M/T's, 20 x 10 Lawless 8's, ORU Cross Over Steering, ORU Track Bar Kit, Crown Braided Brake Lines, ArmorThane Bedliner, 20% Front Tint, Ventshade Visors, Lund Bug Shield, APC Euro Tails, Billet Third Eye Cover, AFE Stage 1 Pro7 Intake, MBRP T-304 Turbo-Back Duals, Painted 3 Gauge A-Pillar, AutoMeter Pyro, Trans, Boost Gauges, Sylvania Silverstars, Fumoto Valve, Roadmax Metal Chrome Shell Billet Grille, SCT XCal2
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com > 1999-2007 Ford Super Duties > Upgrades and Aftermarket - 6.0L Engine

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in