Installing Head Studs - Page 2 - Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com
Upgrades and Aftermarket - 6.0L Engine Upgrading or adding OEM or aftermarket equipment to your 2003-Up Super Duty or Excursion with 6.0L Power Stroke diesel engine. Please confine discussion of topics in this forum to those items that are specific to the 6.0L Power Stroke engine.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #16 of 18 (permalink) Old 05-03-2017, 09:03 PM

My Photos: (0)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
I got a quote today, and they told me 32 hours labor for a total of 2700$ if supply the parts
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #17 of 18 (permalink) Old 10-07-2018, 10:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fordsforever73 View Post
I think you'll be hard pressed to get an honest answer to that question. Most professional mechanics (and most amateurs for that matter) won't do "half" a job.

This reminds me of a time when a friend shows at my place and says "I need a new throw-out bearing". I promptly tell him to pick up a new clutch and pressure plate too. He then tells me he only wants the bearing replaced. So, stupid me, I take it apart for him and I show him that the pressure plate is gouged from the worn bearing. He doesn't care and tells me to put it together like that. A week later he comes back with the same problem. I then told him where to go!

I don't mean to be negative. Some jobs just aren't meant to be done part way. If you can't afford to do it right, it's best to wait until you can or you risk spending more than you have to.
Don't do part of the job and leave the important parts out. One of the issues Ive noticed is guys pullin their heads slappin a new set of gaskets n studs in but don't send the heads out for pressure testing etc. Im a big believer that the negative rep this engine has gotten are due to half assed mechanics. My 03 that Ive had since new has had a ton of mods, stacked tuners and a water/meth kit on for some reason unknown to me it never blew a head gasket. Then theres the guys that barely drive it n theyre spending thousands. Do it right or don't do it at all. Just my 2 cents
post #18 of 18 (permalink) Old 10-08-2018, 02:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fordnatic View Post
Im a big believer that the negative rep this engine has gotten are due to half assed mechanics. Do it right or don't do it at all. Just my 2 cents
Finally. Someone else gets it. Lol
I have a buddy who has a buddy of his do all the work on his truck. This other guy is a so called mobile mechanic and only runs 6.0's. He told my buddy that he's okay running ford gold coolant...... nuff said.
I think he's seeing the light with what I'm telling him though.
He's also running a tune on factory head bolts, and not monitoring temps..... ay, dios mio.
Do you have any threads anywhere with more info on mods you've done?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

1994 F350 7.3 PSD 4X4 ZF5 DUALLY
PHP HYDRA, 6637, 3-4 DP TO STRAIGHT 4 BEHIND THE TIRE, 1.0 EXHAUST HOUSING, DIY D66 TURBO, FUGA E-FUEL, EBPV DELETE. Cooper discoverer AT/3'S.

2010 VW JETTA TDI DSG Kerma tune. Hankook ventus v2 concept 2.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com > 1999-2007 Ford Super Duties > Upgrades and Aftermarket - 6.0L Engine

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in