Lope Tunes - Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com
Upgrades and Aftermarket - 6.0L Engine Upgrading or adding OEM or aftermarket equipment to your 2003-Up Super Duty or Excursion with 6.0L Power Stroke diesel engine. Please confine discussion of topics in this forum to those items that are specific to the 6.0L Power Stroke engine.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 13 (permalink) Old 11-16-2011, 02:05 PM Thread Starter
Lifetime Supporting Member

My Photos: (0)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Lope Tunes

Any body running a lope tune? Is this hard on the motor?

Steele

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
2012 F-250 Lariat 6.7L Crew Cab, Ingot Silver
20"wheels, 3.55 EL gear, Dual Alternators, FX4, Upfitter Switches, Bullet Liner, Weather Tech mats, Reacon side mirror smoke lens, SCT Live Wire TS with PIP tunes, 4" Delete Pipe

My Wife took ownership of:

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
2006 F-250 Lariat 6.0L Crew Cab, Black w/ Chrome package, Chrome bug guard and door latches
18" stock wheels, Nitto Tera Grappler, 4" Turbo Back MBRP, AccuFab Power Elbo, Edge Insight Monitor, Tinted Windows, Rhino Liner, Husky Floor Mats, B&W Turnover, Air Horn, ZooDad mod, Recon's all around, ARP studs, EGR Delete, SCT from IDP, and a heavy foot

Turned 100K miles 12-23-11

-Bullet Proofed 103K
-New Head Gaskets 58K
-New EGR Cooler 29K
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old 11-16-2011, 02:23 PM

i dont think it is too harmful to the motor, but i dont see the point in a lope tune. i guess if you have a 5pos chip that you can change on the fly, it would be alright to show off, but with something like an sct, its pointless. when u r sitting at a stop light, ur truck wil wanna take off. all they do is make it lope.

05 f250 6.0 xlt ext. cab long box Fx4, 130k auto, 3.73's, stainless along bottom, 105 gallon L-shaped fuel tank, 8'6" Boss poly v-plow, 2 cracked y pipes, replaced egr valve, replaced ficm, 2 new napa batteries, new ford 140amp alternator, blue spring upgrade, scanguage II, sinister cooant filtration system, drivers side ball joints at 130k, retired juice w/ attitude on the shelf

**to do list**
egr delete, programmer, egt and fp gauge, coolant flush with elc, 5" turbo back

99 f250 5.4 xlt reg cab long box 4x4 5pd manual, 125K, 4.10s, L-shaped fuel tank, shot one plug

11 f150 King ranch 4x4 3.53s, CC 5.0 6sp, 2 tone white/tan, everything but tailgate step
post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old 11-16-2011, 09:25 PM

My Photos: (1)
I am not sure why you would want a loping option. I have seen videos of loping and can't imagine it is good for the engine
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe_r_dog View Post
i dont think it is too harmful to the motor, but i dont see the point in a lope tune. i guess if you have a 5pos chip that you can change on the flyi, it would be alright to show off, but with something like an sct, its pointless. when u r sitting at a stop light, ur truck wil wanna take off. all they do is make it lope.
I

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

Martin - Fort Worth, Texas

2008 f-250 Lariat
- 5.4 Gasoline - Absolutely Love It

2003 F-250 FX-4
--Sold my last diesel
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old 11-17-2011, 12:34 AM

My Photos: (2)
There's already a thread on this I don't know how to hyperlink it but check for it

As to answer your question a lope tune is completely retarded it's just going to make you look like (no pun intended) a broke ass that can't take care of his exspenvice toy and it's going to harm your TRANS because of the excessive surging (wanting to lunge forward at stops)

2005 F-250 Crew Cab Long Bed 4x4
-5" MBRP turbo back
-6" lift 37x13.50R18
-Magtech cover 4:30 gears
-SCTX2 with custom tunes
-Sinister coolant filter kit
-Line-X bed liner
-PMF Dual steering stabilizer brakets
-Dual KING 2.5 steering stabilizers
-FoMoCo head gaskets
-ARP head studs
-BPD oil cooler kit
-Alliant injector seals
-FoMoCo branch tube
-FoMoCo stand pipes
-FoMoCo dummy plugs
-Alliant high pressure oil rail seals
-FoMoCo ipr valve
-FoMoCo icp sensor
-BANKS intercooler
-A/C condenser
-FoMoCo radiator
-BPD ficm
-CAT EC1 coolant

Soon to come: king coil overs front and king rear replacements

post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old 11-17-2011, 04:54 AM

That is what I had thought. I have seen some videos of "loping" trucks, and I could not imagine that it is good for the engine. I imagine lots of stresses, etc. I would much rather run mine, inconspicuously, from a red light, leaving the rice burners behind. Now... full throttle, with a 4" Turbo Back, that is a beautiful thing.

2008 f-250 Lariat

2003 F-250 FX-4
--Sold my last diesel
post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old 11-17-2011, 08:32 AM Thread Starter

Yeah I don't want a lope tune. A buddy that I work with has one on his duramax. I see no point in it. But I was thinking that it would be hard on an engine. I was just wondering what you guys new about them. This was the first time I heard about a lope tune.

Steele

2012 F-250 Lariat 6.7L Crew Cab, Ingot Silver
20"wheels, 3.55 EL gear, Dual Alternators, FX4, Upfitter Switches, Bullet Liner, Weather Tech mats, Reacon side mirror smoke lens, SCT Live Wire TS with PIP tunes, 4" Delete Pipe

My Wife took ownership of:

2006 F-250 Lariat 6.0L Crew Cab, Black w/ Chrome package, Chrome bug guard and door latches
18" stock wheels, Nitto Tera Grappler, 4" Turbo Back MBRP, AccuFab Power Elbo, Edge Insight Monitor, Tinted Windows, Rhino Liner, Husky Floor Mats, B&W Turnover, Air Horn, ZooDad mod, Recon's all around, ARP studs, EGR Delete, SCT from IDP, and a heavy foot

Turned 100K miles 12-23-11

-Bullet Proofed 103K
-New Head Gaskets 58K
-New EGR Cooler 29K
post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old 11-17-2011, 12:41 PM

Everyone has videos of their exhaust and outside of their truck. I guarantee that the engine is jumping all over the place. There is no way that this isn't bad for the engine and mounts. I had a high lift cam in my mustang that shook the entire car, but at least it served a purpose. I see no benefit to a "lope tune" other than making your truck look and sound like a POS.
post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old 11-17-2011, 08:33 PM

I had one. I thought it was cool for the drive home but that was about it. I was pissed when I lost it when I updated my firmware. I liked it for car shows just cruising down the strip. It did suck sitting at stop lights because the truck would just jump.

2003 6.0 Powerstorke Regular Cab Long Bed

Full EGR delete with up-pipe, S&B CAI, 4 inch turbo back straight pipe, S&B intake manifold, RCD 70 hp injectors, Banjo Bolt Mod, Zoodad, RCD, GearHeads, Innovative and now TSD tuned, quad pod trans. temp, boost, pyro, fuel press., Tinted Windows, Clearance Lights, 33/12.50's. GONE

2008 f250 6.4 ECSB

S&B Intake, 5 in turbo back, IDP Livewire

EFI Live dealer for advancedinjection.net
post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old 11-18-2011, 05:31 AM

NO Comments

2008 f-250 Lariat

2003 F-250 FX-4
--Sold my last diesel
post #10 of 13 (permalink) Old 07-20-2013, 12:05 AM

Its mostly an opinionated subject some find the lope tune not harmful and others do find it harmful....but what I have noticed is that the majority of the people that find it harmful are the ones against it... in my opinion they are not harmful to the internals of the motor, but I would say they are some what hard on motor mounts, but then again look at the torque that your motor mounts handle at WOT.

2001 F-250 Lariat, 4x4, Short bed, Supercab, Auto trans, 7.3L Powerstroke, Built trans, 6637 intake, BD billet compressor wheel, 4inch MBRP turbo back exhaust, Straight piped, Glowshift guages, PHP 6 pos. chip, Leveling kit, Rancho RS5000's, Nitto Trail Grappler 35's, N-Fab prerunner bar.
Built
Tough
post #11 of 13 (permalink) Old 07-20-2013, 11:50 AM

Whether is unhealthy for a motor/trans/drive-line or not isn't an opinion.

If it was an opinion, my opinion would be that mine is healthy, making 800HP safely and getting 32 MPG around town and 50+ towing on the HWY. Oh, and runs on a blend of 50% fuel and 50% opinion.

2004 EB Excursion, 4x4, 6.0, Magnaflow Exhaust, Isspro Gauges in an under cubby pod, Fumoto, V code front springs, bubba lights and newly added so called bullet proofing, including PMax turbo.

"Treat me good, I'll treat you better; treat me bad, I'll treat you worse." - Sonny Barger
post #12 of 13 (permalink) Old 07-21-2013, 12:53 PM

There's a big difference between stresses applied at WOT, where the power and thus load is added progressively, and smacking the mounts with short bursts of power while the truck is otherwise unloaded. Yes, a dragstrip launch is going to be hard on mounts, etc. But at least that serves a purpose. Loping makes the truck sound like its dropping a cylinder. My motto is look stock and run hard. I could just never get into the look like you run hard and run stock deal. At the next stop light I like being the guy with the you know what eating grin on his face, not the guy with his tail between his legs. I like being the guy who gets the looks and the questions that go something like "Holy &*($ what have you done to that thing?!" Truth is, the older I get the less I'm inclined to waste fuel showing some idiot that his junk isn't fast. Now knowing that I can is usually enough. Ignorance is bliss, why bring them into the light?

'06 F250 4x4 - 5" Flo Pro exhaust, SB Filter intake, Accufab elbow, Edge Evolution (monitoring only), SCT w/ ID custom tune, FASS 195 pump, Gillette Diesel EGR cooler delete, Sinister Diesel coolant filter, ELC coolant, updated turbo drain tube/oil feed line/STC fitting/oil cooler, ARPs w/OEM HGs, Elite coolant lines, ITP RR fuel system, RCD 175/30 injectors, Powermax, BD CCV, FICM.com FICM w/ ID tune, Elite UP, BPD water pump - 13.069 @ 101.94

'02 WRX - Outback rear disc swap, EBC green pads, DBA pillar vane rotors, TXS UP/TBE/TMIC, Perrin LW crank pulley, PPG billet steel shift forks, ACT Streetlite flywheel & clutch, K&N filter, STi Group N motor/trans mounts, TiC/Kartboy rear diff mounts/subframe lock bolts/outrigger stiffeners, Kartboy SS & all shifter bushings, custom PDX tune for Cobb AP - went 14.1 on a terrible 60ft before most of these mods; shooting for 13.50s
post #13 of 13 (permalink) Old 11-30-2015, 04:02 AM

Lope tune is terrible for your motor as far as I know I've never seen any tranny issues/drivetrain issues but I have seen first hand lope tune washing down cylinder walls cracking Pistons throwing rings etc don't do it... It just make your rig sound like it barely runs anyways.......
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com > 1999-2007 Ford Super Duties > Upgrades and Aftermarket - 6.0L Engine

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in