Magnaflow or DPPI ? - Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com
Upgrades and Aftermarket - 6.0L Engine Upgrading or adding OEM or aftermarket equipment to your 2003-Up Super Duty or Excursion with 6.0L Power Stroke diesel engine. Please confine discussion of topics in this forum to those items that are specific to the 6.0L Power Stroke engine.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-22-2004, 07:43 PM

Magnaflow or DPPI ?

This will be my first performance mod and I want it right the first time.
Here in Houston I can get the Magnaflow for $499.00 or the DPPI for $490.00.
Both prices are for aluminized pipe and un-installed.
Since the price difference is negligible which one performs the best ?
I also don't want it extremely loud...for now anyway. LOL
Which would be quieter ?
Thanks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-22-2004, 08:27 PM

My Photos: (0)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Re: Magnaflow or DPPI ?

Unbroke,
If you look back through thousands of previous posts, I think you'll find one thing stands out above all other mods in all of the forums combined. The DPPI exhaust. I have no experience with the M-flow, but I installed a DPPI turbo back on mine in my driveway in about 3 hours and have been grinning at the jet I drive every day since.

Good luck and enjoy.

Steve
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-22-2004, 09:43 PM

My Photos: (1)

never heard a dppi kit in person, as there arent too many hopped up diesels here in savannah, georgia. ive got the stainless magnaflow turbo back kit on my truck and love it. its not as loud as my friends hog exhaust, but it whines plenty nuff to please me. i added the 6" tip and noticed a little megaphone effect, but it deepens the sound a little bit and sounds better i think. the magnoflow kit will not come with a tip, so you cna add whichever one you choose- i think the dppi does come with a 5" tip. you really cant go wrong with either kit...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-22-2004, 10:40 PM

I did the DPPI. Would do it again in a heartbeat if I had another 6.0. Total time with 2 guys and a hoist was 1.5 hours. The only hard part was getting the turbo clamp off. Took everything off without cutting anything. Mark said it would fit like a glove and it did. Now, how do I wipe the *$#%eatin grin off my kids face when he tools around in it. The only good thing is he will either be on the Harley or in the truck, and that leaves the boat for me and my sweetie!!!!

2009 F-150 Lariat
2003 F-350 6.0 Lariat SC 3.73 LS
2003 Polaris Sportsmen 700
2002 Harley Road King Firefighter Special Edition
2002 Polaris XCR-800
2001 Chapparral 285 SSI
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-22-2004, 11:09 PM

I have a Magnaflow and it went on ok but I had to cut the pipe to fit then a few days later I had a horrible noise well I found out that the exhaust hanger was too long and it was rubbin on the frame and oh was it loud so I had to take it all out trim the hanger and put it back in. IMO I would do the DPPI now cuz I haven't heard one person complain about them. Also keep in mind with your 2004 the turbo wont be all that loud like all the 03 are I have my strait piped now and it ain't nearly as loud as the 03
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-23-2004, 06:39 AM

My Photos: (6)

I've had both and the DPP is the best in my book. Rick

2003.25 F350 SUPER CREWZER, 6.0, Lariat CC Shorty,4X4, Black with all the toys. Quad Capt seats,Chrome tow hooks. All Mod's by PRP Diesel Performance in Cincinnati, OH. More to come. I'm A Junky.
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-23-2004, 07:02 AM

My Photos: (1)

You will be more than satisfied with the DPPI system. Go with something that people here have been using and trusting for years.
Sending you a PM.

David Murphy
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-23-2004, 11:23 AM

I don't want to offend anyone but I found the magnaflow stainless turbo back on rpmoutlet for 399.95

04 F-350, CC, Silver Lariat, FX4, SB, Edge w/ Attitude, and 4" Hog Turbo back, XM
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-23-2004, 04:57 PM

I think that's actually $389.95 but who's counting. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

I just had my Magnaflow installed! I keep finding myself driving different, like a gasser now that I hear the exhaust. It sounds good! [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smokin.gif[/img]

By the way, for anyone in the DFW area, the shop that did mine, sells Magnaflow. I could have bought the system from them, installed for almost what I paid to have it shipped and delivered to me. Great guys and they did a great job in less than 2 hours too! Someone posted their name before, it's Pronto Muffler and Brakes on 75 in Plano. They also have other aftermarket goodies and are diesel friendly! [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smokin.gif[/img]

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
2004 EB Excursion, 4x4, 6.0, Magnaflow Exhaust, Isspro Gauges in an under cubby pod, Fumoto, V code front springs, bubba lights and newly added so called bullet proofing, including PMax turbo.

"Treat me good, I'll treat you better; treat me bad, I'll treat you worse." - Sonny Barger
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com > 1999-2007 Ford Super Duties > Upgrades and Aftermarket - 6.0L Engine

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in