MAKING OF A POWERHOUSE - Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com
Upgrades and Aftermarket - 6.0L Engine Upgrading or adding OEM or aftermarket equipment to your 2003-Up Super Duty or Excursion with 6.0L Power Stroke diesel engine. Please confine discussion of topics in this forum to those items that are specific to the 6.0L Power Stroke engine.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-15-2003, 07:22 PM Thread Starter

My Photos: (0)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
MAKING OF A POWERHOUSE

Well today I sent away for the performance pakage from ITP. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] I hope to see it next week so I can put it on and see how badass it is going to be [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/biggrin.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/biggrin.gif[/img]. The kit is the Quadzilla 115hp/265 foot pound of torque, A.F.E filter, and best of All the DPPI dual 4in exhaust. I plan to do dyno rips after I get done with this so I will post my Numbers. It should be [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smokin.gif[/img].
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-15-2003, 11:18 PM
Banned

Re: MAKING OF A POWERHOUSE

Just a few tips:

1.) get a radar detector
2.) get a good bail bondsman! [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/eek.gif[/img] detectors don't always work
3.) make friends at the local tire store! [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smokin.gif[/img]
4.)don't say I never gave you good advise!

Have fun and enjoy, remember if you ever have any questions I am always available!

Quad
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-15-2003, 11:24 PM

My Photos: (23)

Question-will installing a chip or a programmer like the SCMT or like fix the programming problems some seem to have with their PCM reflashes???

'03 350 Crew Cab, 6.0 Auto, 4X4, Lariat, Solid Black, tan leather, heavy sevice suspension, 6 disk CD, moonroof, rear sensors,l oaded. DPPI SS Turboback dual exhaust, South Texas Outfitters Rover Grill Guard, Silverstar Headlights, RhinoLiner, Fumoto, SRB Driving lights, Extang Tonneau, VentVisor window shades and bug guard, Bridgestone Revo's 285's, C-Better Mirrors, Excursion Sound Panels. Traded '00 250 Crew Cab 7.3 4X4 XLT Wedgewood Blue/Silver

'01 Toyota Sequoia Limited Gold Pkg 4X4
1929 Ford Model A Murray Town Car Sedan
<font color="red">FOKISD</font> member
<font color="blue">Houston Area Powerstrokes-Bluegrass Chapter!</font>

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

May the Wings of Liberty Never Lose a Feather!

"Justice For Danny Faulkner" Carry out Mumia Abu- Jamal's sentence!!!
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-16-2003, 02:08 AM

I'm interested in his stage 2 kit also.Please let us know before and after dyno results,ect!I've had a few problems with my 6.0 so I'm waiting a few months till I do the engine mods.Going suspension"ProComp double shocks 4" lift" and 2000 watt/Navi/dvd/tv system first!Should all be done by next week.
Kaz...........
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-16-2003, 03:58 AM
Banned

I have had people tell me that they thought it helped, but in my opinion, no it won't fix anything. I think they are just so happy to have the added power they overlook other things!

Believe me if I thought I could fix it I would! [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/biggrin.gif[/img]

On the other hand it doesn't seem to make problems worse either. I know several people who have rough idle and othe small problems and their trucks run like crazy! Those guys refuse to get reflashed until they are convinced it is fixed for good!

If you have any other questions fire away!

Quad
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-16-2003, 02:17 PM

My Photos: (11)

Has anyone put their new 6.0L on the dyno fresh from the dealer's lot just to see if the darn thing is even living up to its marketing promise? I would be interested in seeing some numbers on that.

I don't know how much it costs to have a dyno test done, but it may not be a bad practice for owners of the 6.0L to have them tested right away. That way, should a reflash detune your engine, you have some numbers to back it up with. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smokin.gif[/img]

Happy Truckin,
Brian.

2004 F250 Lariat, Diesel 6.0L, 5spd auto,4x4 FX4, True Blue/Med Parchment, Camper Package, Cab lights, Dual Alternators, AIC, Power Sliding Rear window, 12.5k receiver hitch.

Add-ons: Headache Rack, Brush Guard, B&W Hidden Hitch & Daytime Running Lights, PIAA 520 series driving lights, boost/tranny gauges, Dahl 100 fuel filter/water separator, Prodigy brake controller, air horns, Sinister Coolant Filter.

In-the-works: Onboard air, Aux. fuel/Toolbox combo.

Ordered on: 03/29/04.
Arrived on: 04/28/04.
SIGNED: 05/01/04 Whoop!
Recall 04B24: Installed 02/15/05.

post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-16-2003, 04:59 PM
Lifetime Supporting Member

[ QUOTE ]
Has anyone put their new 6.0L on the dyno fresh from the dealer's lot just to see if the darn thing is even living up to its marketing promise? I would be interested in seeing some numbers on that.

I don't know how much it costs to have a dyno test done, but it may not be a bad practice for owners of the 6.0L to have them tested right away. That way, should a reflash detune your engine, you have some numbers to back it up with. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smokin.gif[/img]

Happy Truckin,
Brian.

[/ QUOTE ]

In another thread some guys were talking about dynoing a stock 6.0, but they only gave the stock hp and not the stock torque. I've tried several times to get them to post the numbers but have had no luck. Has anybody dyno'ed a stock 6.0 and know what the torque reading was??

2003 Toreador Red/Arizona Beige CC, DRW, Lariat, FX4, 6.0 PSD, Torqshift, born early Feb. 03; AIC; Silverline turbo-back dual exhaust; 155cc injectors from Full Force Diesel (Casserly); SCT with tuning by Tony Wildman (Total Diesel Performance) & Innovative Diesel; ARP studs; Dfuser regulated return; AFE PG7; Fumoto valve; B&W hitch, Di-Pricol gauges; DIESELSITE Coolant filter; Timbrens; Rancho RSXs; Michelin XPS Traction's; a whole bunch of "bling"; Connex 4300hp; Pioneer DEH6100BT; JL Audio 275w amp driving a 12" sub; JL Audio 50wx4 amp driving the Alpine door and rear seat speakers. 380.3hp/786.7ft-lbs (on my tow tune!)

President and Webmaster
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-17-2003, 10:16 PM

My Photos: (7)

there also a thread started by someone under the heading "broken crankshaft"

New Truck
2012 F150 SuperCrew Lariat 157" VWE
-------------------
Traded March 2013
2008 F450 CC Lariat White/Gold, JAD Solutions Lights, 62 Gal Titan, B&W Hitch, Gold Remote Start, TruckTrunk box, Viair 550+2x2.5gal receiver, 2010 NAV and Sync
---------------------
Traded In Nov 07:
2003 F250 CC LB XLT 4x2 PowerStroke, Captains Chairs, White/Parchment, Torqshift, Heated Mirrors, Trailer hitch
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-18-2003, 04:40 AM

My Photos: (14)

Could you dyno before AND after?
post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-18-2003, 08:11 AM

Poppa,

Put mine on with approx 5000k on it and got 289 to the rear wheels. The post is here somewhere in the arcives etc.

Mark @ DPPI
post #11 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-18-2003, 08:12 AM

Honkey84,

Great, have fun and keep us posted.

Mark @ DPPI
post #12 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-18-2003, 10:16 AM Thread Starter

As far as stock dyno rips here is what I got from some other guys that were at a dyno shootout [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/biggrin.gif[/img]. 246hp 395tq, 238hp 373tq, 228hp 380tq, 232hp 383tq. I have no idea why there is such a big difference with power on some of these trucks. I think they all did 4th gear rips on the dyno. But the highest one could have been in 5th gear and the numbers will go up. Next week or so is when I will get the fun stuff and then we will see what happens [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]. There was a guy that was there with a cummings that was pulling out 563hp and 1047tq, now that is CRAZY.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com > 1999-2007 Ford Super Duties > Upgrades and Aftermarket - 6.0L Engine

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in