The Diesel Stop banner

Rolling the dice

2K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  mt454casull 
#1 ·
I purchased a F350 6.0 powerstroke 2006 Lariat with 150k mi. Absolutely love my truck. Since owning her I've done an EGR delete . Recently towed my 26' 5th wheel from Vegas to Kansas, approx. 1020 mi. I have a SCT tuner set to street using tow haul while pulling rv. which is another question altogether... I am so paranoid of my truck breaking, overheating that I had my wife do most of the driving to Kansas, Ok all of the driving...Temp ranged around 220 coolant 240 oil...After a thermostat replacement before we hit the incline of the Rockies temps returned to 200 / 210. we would stop pre thermostat every 20 min to allow her to cool down. I plan on keeping her forever..Of course my wife also. I wasn't knowledgable enough when starting the preventive maintenance to replace the oil cooler while doing the delete..I want to have more piece of mind when my wife drives to the next town 27 mi. away. that my truck wont fail...what is the cost of head studs Bulletproofing..Or replacing oil cooler??

#2 ·
That’s too hot. If you are going to keep towing that heavy I would look at the kit IPR diesel has. The have an oil filter cap and remote oil cooler system you can get for around 700. I bought the cap and installed a similar oil cooler as they offer and went from those 240 temps pulling the passes to being able to run the heck out of it and never swing above 210 etc or eot pulling the steepest passes. On the flats eot and etc stay a constant 192 ish. I highly recommend this mod.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.