Stacking Diabo Predator and ???? - Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com
Upgrades and Aftermarket - 6.0L Engine Upgrading or adding OEM or aftermarket equipment to your 2003-Up Super Duty or Excursion with 6.0L Power Stroke diesel engine. Please confine discussion of topics in this forum to those items that are specific to the 6.0L Power Stroke engine.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-16-2004, 09:47 PM Thread Starter

My Photos: (9)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Stacking Diabo Predator and ????

Hey All,

About a week ago someone ordered a Edge and Diablo predator to try to stack? Any luck, or info on the results.

I too was going to try to stack the boxes and dyno, but our test truck broke, so I haven't been able to test it. I am definately not going to do it on my daily driver [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/biggrin.gif[/img]...

Anyways, any info, anyone??

'05 F-250 Harley-Davidson, 4x4, 6.0L, True-Blue, completely loaded with every possible option.
Motorstuff: NONE

'04 F-350 CrewCab FX4 DRW 6.0 2-Tone Black/Silver
***TRADED-IN***

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-16-2004, 10:04 PM

My Photos: (0)
Re: Stacking Diabo Predator and ????

yes I stacked the two I ran the diablo at the lowest setting and the edge at the highest it ran fine but shifted like crap took forever to shift so I took the diablo out just runnin it to remove the speed limiter now
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-17-2004, 08:28 AM Thread Starter

My Photos: (9)

What about running it, but the oposite. Diablo on highest setting and edge on low settings?? The diablo seems to have better shifting than the edge from what I hear around here..

Thanks

'05 F-250 Harley-Davidson, 4x4, 6.0L, True-Blue, completely loaded with every possible option.

'04 F-350 CrewCab FX4 DRW 6.0 2-Tone Black/Silver
***TRADED-IN***

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-17-2004, 09:12 AM

I was wondering the same thing and you beat me to the question..Thanks!

I am wondering if the Quad box might be a better choice with the Predator.

I am real curious why the Quad box and Edge work great together on the D maxes but not hearing about any great gains on the 6.0. I think MTomac has that combo and made it into the 12 with his CC., now 11`s on drugs. That is with a Dmax. Damn! Feeling some serious Truck envy

2004 SD, crew cab ,FX4x4 6.0 PSD,lariat ,3.73 trac lock, 5 speed Auto.Moon roof , etc. BFG 295x75x16 AT`s,Hellwig R.sway bar.,AFE intake, Predator tuner.AFE cat back, ISSPRO gauges.Best ET: 1.89 sixty , 14.17 @ 93 mph.
Former: 99 Pontiac Firehawk 11.27 NA 10.43 NOS
2001 Chevy crew cab 4x4 6.0 litre 15.27 NA 13.51 NOS.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-18-2004, 06:07 PM

Anybody? Quad, you there? Cmon and give me some news and make me drive to Dallas, for speed

2004 SD, crew cab ,FX4x4 6.0 PSD,lariat ,3.73 trac lock, 5 speed Auto.Moon roof , etc. BFG 295x75x16 AT`s,Hellwig R.sway bar.,AFE intake, Predator tuner.AFE cat back, ISSPRO gauges.Best ET: 1.89 sixty , 14.17 @ 93 mph.

post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-19-2004, 10:15 AM

My Photos: (30)

D-max to 6.0 is like comparing apples to oranges, becuase of the fuel system. If you have ever looked close under the hood you will see they do allot more with a lot less. Sorry.

2018 F-350 Lariat Ultimate 4x4 DRW 6.7
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-19-2004, 10:55 AM

I was not trying to compare the two motors. I am trying to understand how they can stack boxes and run 12`s and the 6.0 seems to be very limited on options.

Catercraft, can you tell us what you know? What do you mean do a lot more with less? That is our question here. How do they get, what would seem by Dmax ET times , double the power from tuning? I still have seen no one say or show that they reached the 6.0 fuel limits or even know what that limit is? Yes, the systems are different but does that mean the 6.0 is limited and if so what is the limit. It seems the 7.3`s are limited to 400 rwhp but the 6.0 LIVES well at 425 RWHP, so far

post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-19-2004, 05:34 PM

My Photos: (30)

[ QUOTE ]
I was not trying to compare the two motors. I am trying to understand how they can stack boxes and run 12`s and the 6.0 seems to be very limited on options.

[/ QUOTE ]

I know but they have an infinite fuel supply (in theory) we don't.
We can only inject what we can fill. They get to play with timing injection rate and duration to get max hp. They don't have the fangled HEUI system. I am starting to think HEUI is not the way to go, but the new CAT engines are slowly converting to this system. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shrug.gif[/img] Also if you think they are gaining hp with stack now wait untill they get the turbo situation lined out [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/eek.gif[/img]

2018 F-350 Lariat Ultimate 4x4 DRW 6.7
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-19-2004, 07:50 PM

Just tried it. The shifting on the predator is perfect!!! Shifts hard the first few times and then right on. Tried to stack. No matter what level you have the predator on, there seems to be detonation on levels 1-3 with the juice stacked. Once you switch to level 4-5, it stops [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shrug.gif[/img] I guess edge backs down timing on those 2 levels for some reason. To me it seems as the truck does not at all like to be stacked with the 100 horse predator file and the edge. the 65 file seems to work good, top end feels great anyway, have not ran it at the track yet so I am not sure. I think the problem is we run out of fuel, because of the HEUI system. Sure wish ford would change that. Be quiter too.

Those who listen to instruction will prosper; those who trust the Lord will be happy.
Proverbs 16:20 NLT
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com > 1999-2007 Ford Super Duties > Upgrades and Aftermarket - 6.0L Engine

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in