The Diesel Stop banner

Stacking SCT Trans. Tune with Power Pup Tune

3K views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  WhonosWho 
#1 ·
Can you use a Transmission tune only with another Programmers Power Tune example. I love the Power and economy of the Bully Dog Power Pup but would like Torque Comverter lock up and Tow Haul from SCT. I have a SCT Tuner and do not like to power band and fuel economy on my truck radically drops with SCT compared to stock and even worse when compare to BD my BD actually has a marked increase over stock.

So can I tune my truck with BD Power Pup without tranny tuning then tune Transmission only tune onto Truck with SCT?

Thank you
Tim

#3 ·
SPdiesel makes some nice stuff I think I would go with them over bully dog. But yes you can use jsut the tranny tunes. I don't understand why the SCt isn't performaing the way you want sometimes you get bad tunes so you might want to get them to reprogram it to make sure everything is right. I love the sct and the eco tunes are normally great.

#5 ·
The power pup is a downloader and the SCT is a downloader. You can not use them both together.

#6 ·
[ QUOTE ]
SPdiesel makes some nice stuff I think I would go with them over bully dog. But yes you can use jsut the tranny tunes. I don't understand why the SCt isn't performaing the way you want sometimes you get bad tunes so you might want to get them to reprogram it to make sure everything is right. I love the sct and the eco tunes are normally great.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well I have the BD Power Pup and love its tune, The SCT I have used the canned tunes and Inovative's tunes love the transmission tunes but not the perfomance part, and economy is 50-75 miles per tank below stock or with Bully Dogs Power Pup tunes this is testing several tanks.

Tim

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.