Is the Superchips tuner for the 6.0 out yet - Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com
Upgrades and Aftermarket - 6.0L Engine Upgrading or adding OEM or aftermarket equipment to your 2003-Up Super Duty or Excursion with 6.0L Power Stroke diesel engine. Please confine discussion of topics in this forum to those items that are specific to the 6.0L Power Stroke engine.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-17-2004, 10:21 AM Thread Starter

My Photos: (0)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Is the Superchips tuner for the 6.0 out yet

I looked on their website and it isn't listed yet, but somebody told me (local aftermarket shop) that they could sell my one for the 6.0. Does this guy have his wires crossed or is the 1704 tuner available now?

Thanks
Shane

Dad: 2004 F-350 KING RANCH CC DUALLY 4 X 4, 6.0L TORQSHIFT, EDGE ATTITUDE, SCT TRANS FILE, 4" MBRP 304 DUAL STAINLESS EXHAUST, AFE PG7 INTAKE, ALL THE GUAGES, COMPRESSOR WITH AIR RESERVE, AIR RIDE, AIR HORNS, REESE 22K FIFTH WHEEL, 40 GALLON AUX. FUEL TANK

ME: 2002 F-350 CC DRW LARIAT 4x4 TOREADO RED, 7.3 PSD, 4R100, 4.10'S, WESTERN DIESEL QUAD CHIP, 4" MBRP STAINLESS EXHAUST, AFE MAGNUM INTAKE, ALL THE GUAGES, COMPRESSOR WITH AIR RESERVE, AIR HORNS, AIR RIDE, DRAWTITE GOOSENECK FIFTH WHEEL

Brother: 2005 Excursion Limited 6.0L Torqueshift 4 x 4, Black - Stock for now
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-17-2004, 11:24 AM

Re: Is the Superchips tuner for the 6.0 out yet

Shane250
They claim it will be out May 15th. Superchip

TasMan

2004/04 Engine,King Ranch,F-250,4x4,SWB,3.73 LS, Adjustable pedals,Reverse sensor,Moon roof,clearance lights, Power rear window,Heated seats,Bedliner, DPPI T-409 Turbo Back, AFE Pro-Guard7, C-Bet'r mirror, Fumoto drain valve, AIC, Extange Tonneu, Lund SS Interceptor, Siver Star Bulbs, Harpooned tank, SUV double wiring harness, Bright Box, Clifford RS 3.5 alarm, 3" Edge Plush Ride, Bilstein Shocks, Westin Sportsman CPS Grille Guard, XM Commander wired in with a PIE Adapter, Eagle 137 series rims and Bridgestone Revos 285/75-16, Husky Liner Mud Flaps.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
UpDated 27 October 2005
Retired Chief Warrant Officer 4
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-17-2004, 07:28 PM

I talked to the rep at Shop Diesel and he told me that initially they said that it would be released in Feb for the 03 & 04. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] I called in Feb and then was told that it was not going to be released until May and it would only work with the '04s. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shrug.gif[/img] So I guess all of the 6.0 owners will have to wait. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

Maybe one of the sponsors on this site can give us more info.

Hey Mark! You know anything about the tuner?

John

<font color="blue">&lt;&gt;&lt; His Life for Mine &gt;&lt;&gt;</font>

'03 F-250 PSD Super Cab 4X4 FX4

<font color="red">Toreador Red </font>over Silver w/Factory cab lights.
<font color="maroon">Build Date: March 12 2003, <font color="green">No flashes!<font color="maroon">
AFE Magnum Force Intake (PG7)
DPPI T-304 Dual Exhaust
Fumoto Oil Valve
Factory SS nerf bars
Line of Fire light bar
Line-X bedliner
Tripple Guage Pod
Autometer Sportcomp (pyro, boost & Tans)
Lighted SS Rookie Polls
Backup Sensors
29 LTD CB
Got my eye on Edge/Juice w/Attitude
</font>

<font color="red">[b]If it don't say strokin it's probably broken!</font>

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-17-2004, 11:32 PM

Go with the banks 6 gun kit check out there web site its cool and cheep [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/warmsmile.gif[/img]
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-18-2004, 01:01 AM

My Photos: (3)

The predator works well. Tranny shifts great, runs hard....plus you get a code scanner in the package. Plus its the least expensive of the bunch.

2004.5 Ram 2500 Laramie Sport CTD
1999 F-250 CC PSD
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-18-2004, 08:48 AM

My Photos: (7)

Shane250,

We have been logging back orders for the SC 6.0 tuner for about two months now, the May date is still good per the National Sales Manager @ SC, we spoke about it a few weeks ago and it's still the projected date etc. If you want to get "on the list" let me know. Can't get you any specifics etc on HP etc as I am in the dark as well on that info.

Mark @ DPPI
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-19-2004, 04:02 PM Thread Starter

Thank you very much for the info, Mark and all. It really ticks me off when people talk crap and really don't a clue what they are talking about. This idiot probably thought that a microtuner for a 7.3 works on a 6.0. After all, they're all "powerstrokes". Ignorance [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shrug.gif[/img] Thanks for setting me straight.

Shane

Dad: 2004 F-350 KING RANCH CC DUALLY 4 X 4, 6.0L TORQSHIFT, EDGE ATTITUDE, SCT TRANS FILE, 4" MBRP 304 DUAL STAINLESS EXHAUST, AFE PG7 INTAKE, ALL THE GUAGES, COMPRESSOR WITH AIR RESERVE, AIR RIDE, AIR HORNS, REESE 22K FIFTH WHEEL, 40 GALLON AUX. FUEL TANK

ME: 2002 F-350 CC DRW LARIAT 4x4 TOREADO RED, 7.3 PSD, 4R100, 4.10'S, WESTERN DIESEL QUAD CHIP, 4" MBRP STAINLESS EXHAUST, AFE MAGNUM INTAKE, ALL THE GUAGES, COMPRESSOR WITH AIR RESERVE, AIR HORNS, AIR RIDE, DRAWTITE GOOSENECK FIFTH WHEEL

Brother: 2005 Excursion Limited 6.0L Torqueshift 4 x 4, Black - Stock for now
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com > 1999-2007 Ford Super Duties > Upgrades and Aftermarket - 6.0L Engine

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in