For those who run the Gearhead SRL+ tune.....a question(s) - Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com
Upgrades and Aftermarket - 6.0L Engine Upgrading or adding OEM or aftermarket equipment to your 2003-Up Super Duty or Excursion with 6.0L Power Stroke diesel engine. Please confine discussion of topics in this forum to those items that are specific to the 6.0L Power Stroke engine.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 08-30-2019, 07:29 PM Thread Starter

My Photos: (0)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Question For those who run the Gearhead SRL+ tune.....a question(s)

I've been running IDP tunes for the last couple of years since I've had my truck (05' F250 w/ ARP studs). I mostly run the towing tune, but sometimes I will run their street tune when I'm not towing anything. It's got good power, and give a little more MPG. The shifts are a little soft, but other than that I like it. The X-street tune is way to harsh....makes awesome power...just insane, but it shifts hard as hell, and for daily driving..it's annoying.

I contacted Matt at Gearhead tuning, and he recommended the SRL+ tune as a daily driver tune for me.

Before I pull the trigger...I'm just wondering how many other people are running this tune...and how you like it. Is it a good daily driver tune, or is it pretty harsh with the light switch type throttle when you get on it? I'm just wondering if it's any better than the Street tune from IDP.

How is gearheads response time if there is an issue with the tune that I need adjusted? IDP made a few adjustments for me on my tunes free of change, and had the tune files back to me the day after I emailed them.

Any info on the SRL+ tune, and Gearhead in general would be great! Thanks!!

2005 F250 6.0 PSD, ARP Studs, Felpro HG's, EGR Delete, IPR Coolant Filter, Bilstein 5100s, Blue Spring Mod, IDP Custom Tunes
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 08-31-2019, 06:50 AM

My Photos: (0)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
I just got my gearhead tunes for my truck, havent run anything yet i just rebuilt the whole motor so having only 200 miles im not running them til i get over 2000. But this was the first time buying tunes from them. My experience on first purchase wasn't great but couldve happened to anyone. I couldnt load the tune because they got one number off on my programmer serial number. It took 2 days to get the corrected ones. Im curious about them also, i was running SCT and PPE tuners at same time getting great milage and performance, but if i put PPE on 8 or up it shifts very hard, this is but isnt funny one day my father-in-law was riding with me i had it on 10 i had to get on the skinny pedal a little hard well it put him in therapy for 3 month's with a whiplash, but hes good now. I wasn't expecting and never had it shift as hard as it shifted ever not at half throttle so im wondering how geardheads tunes are myself. Hope someone replies soon. With good reviews cant remember which tuners but heard one of the called transmission killers. Dont want to have to buy one just because of a tune.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com > 1999-2007 Ford Super Duties > Upgrades and Aftermarket - 6.0L Engine

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

« Upgrades? | - »