Very Confusing - Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com
Upgrades and Aftermarket - 6.0L Engine Upgrading or adding OEM or aftermarket equipment to your 2003-Up Super Duty or Excursion with 6.0L Power Stroke diesel engine. Please confine discussion of topics in this forum to those items that are specific to the 6.0L Power Stroke engine.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-21-2005, 05:58 PM Thread Starter

My Photos: (0)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Very Confusing

Ok guys...I am new to this whole truck world stuff. I have always loved big trucks but was bigger into fast cars. I have a 2003 Cobra fully modded and know cars and Cobras inside out. Now I finally got my 2005 F250 CrewCab Turbo Diesel and would love some input - 1st of all I wanna Lift it and Put bigger tires but I see I have so many choices - Would love some input from you guys on how many inch lift, what brand, what size rim - what size tire ---- I dont want to go super high but yet stock is not high enough - Opinions would be greatly appreciated - Pics also? Thanks again

2005 F250 CrewCab LariatLuxury 4X4 Turbo Deisel
AFE Cold Air Intake, 4" Custom Exhaust Turbo Back to MBRP Muffler and 5" Tip, SCT 3way Programmer, Mag-Hytech Rear Axle Cover, Line-X SPray Liner
JBL Stealth 10" Sub and Pioneer AVIC Z1 Head Unit w/ Reverse Camera and Blue Tooth
KONG3 Train Horns w/3 Gallon Air Tank
4.5" Donahue Lift, 20" American Racing Wolverine's with 325-60-20(35's)Nitto Terra Grapplers
Complete line of "RECON" LED Lighting Products
2003 COBRA Mustang, Stage 2 CAMS, Whipple Blower, Custom Tune, To much to list :-) - 645RWHP w/ 603lbs of torque
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-21-2005, 06:05 PM

My Photos: (1)
Re: Very Confusing

4.5" edge lift, 325/60/18 nitto all terrains, 18" weld wheels. got the lifted look, better than stock ride and handling, and everything is top of the line. if you want a mud terrain, go for the 35x12.50x18 toyo muds. if you like 20s, boths tires are avaliable for 20s. check out superdutyheadquarters.com for tons of pics...
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-21-2005, 06:06 PM

My Photos: (3)

4-6" of lift is a nice balance. Tires depend a LOT on what you going to do. Any off road plans? Obviously the use is important for the lift asect also. For basically street, 4-6" is nice. I did 6 on mine, and thought it was going to be pretty extreme (I was originally going to go 4", and was talked into 6). Now I am thinking 8 would have been better. So, err on the high side a little.

I have a dually, so what you do might not be the same. There are some pics of mine linked below.

Also, you can check out www.27carcare.com, they have lots of pics (drill into the photos section) of 4-8" lifts on superduty's with lots of tire options shown.

RL

Black 2003 F350 DRW (almost nothing stock)

Other rides:

Black 2006 SRT8 300C (Mopar exhaust and CAI)
Black 2008 SRT8 Jeep (Mopar exhaust and CAI)
Black 2008 Mercedes E550 4MATIC

Pictures:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

6L Shootout Report:

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-21-2005, 06:23 PM Thread Starter

Hey guys thanks for that input - Mike, I looked at your site with your truck...Looks real nice but on your site you say....6" edge + 3" hangers, rear 5" deavers + 3" blocks, bilstein 5150s up front, 5100s in the rear, 39.5x13.50x16 irok radials....and on the post you say 4" with radials - Which way is your truck set up now and if you had both which do you prefer? Thanks for your help - This is all so confusing on what to choose :-)

AFE Cold Air Intake, 4" Custom Exhaust Turbo Back to MBRP Muffler and 5" Tip, SCT 3way Programmer, Mag-Hytech Rear Axle Cover, Line-X SPray Liner
JBL Stealth 10" Sub and Pioneer AVIC Z1 Head Unit w/ Reverse Camera and Blue Tooth
4.5" Donahue Lift, 20" American Racing Wolverine's with 325-60-20(35's)Nitto Terra Grapplers
2003 COBRA Mustang, Stage 2 CAMS, Whipple Blower, Custom Tune, To much to list :-) - 645RWHP w/ 603lbs of torque
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-21-2005, 06:59 PM

Boca cobra your answer is simple, 4.5 donahoe kit.
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-21-2005, 08:30 PM

My Photos: (1)

[ QUOTE ]
Hey guys thanks for that input - Mike, I looked at your site with your truck...Looks real nice but on your site you say....6" edge + 3" hangers, rear 5" deavers + 3" blocks, bilstein 5150s up front, 5100s in the rear, 39.5x13.50x16 irok radials....and on the post you say 4" with radials - Which way is your truck set up now and if you had both which do you prefer? Thanks for your help - This is all so confusing on what to choose :-)

[/ QUOTE ]

haha, i was suggesting the 4.5", etc. for your truck. do you want something the size of mine? edge offers a 7" lift, for 2005s, or if you want a lesser quality lift, skyjacker makes 8.5" and fabtech an 8". neither will ride remotely close to the edge lift though... how big are you looking to go, and what will you be using it for? that will help us help you...
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-22-2005, 12:03 PM Thread Starter

ok cool - Thanks for the input so far, starting to clear things up for myself :-) Mike...I wont be doing any radical off roading or anything...Basically want a lift that looks great, not super high, still has a good ride, and will work good when I add some performance adders to the truck...exhaust, intake, chip, etc -- Thanks for the input

post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-22-2005, 12:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I did a 4" SkyJacker all spring lift and regret it. 8 months old and I've had the front springs replaced. I wish I went with another brand (Deaver) and up to 6".

I went with DR performace shocks over the Bilsteins. They help the SkyJacker ride a lot better.

Good luck!
Scott

"A problem is an opportunity in work clothes"
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-11-2005, 12:46 AM

Im goin with the 4 inch rancho with the Pro series Rsx9000 shocks (resavoir with in cab adjustment). I didnt want to go to high because I pull a number of goosenecks including my trailer that I pull my 03 cobra in. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/phoney.gif[/img] Its suppposed to be a real nice riding kit but will accomodate 35s. Im also adding the L&L ladder bars to rid of the wretched axle wrap associated with my handshaker, especially with the increased blocks. Should fit like a oem part sinch rancho works with ford. Ill let you know the details after install tomorrow. By the way send me a PM with the mods on your stang, ive got a few things you might be interested in.

2012 F-350 KR 6.7, CCSB 4x4, Carli 4.5" Pin Top 2.5, prog leaf packs, 1" blocks, long travel airbags, AirLift WirelessAir, 5gal OBA, Amp steps, B&W Hitch, BakFlip F1, Kenwood DNX-9990, JL 700/5, BA Comp, 2-PGold 10", Rigid Ind 20" light bar, 295/65-20 Toyo M/Ts on OEM wheels.

Sold - 2005 F-250 Lariat 6.0 Crew, SB, 6 Speed, 4x4, Wedgewood/Tan
2008 Hydra-Sport 23 Bay Bolt w/ Etec 250
2003 Sonic Blue Cobra 666rwhp 600rwtq,
1997 Jeep Wrangler B3.3T Cummins, NSG370 6 speed, Ford 8.8 rear, Dana 44 front, 37x12.50 PitBull Rockers
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-11-2005, 01:08 AM

BocaCobra, since you said you've been in the car world for awhile, you should know that if you lift your truck, FORD can void your warranty on your drive line components. With the rampage that FORD has been on, you should be aware of this. Don't want to spoil the fun, but just wanted to make sure you were fully aware of it. Now given that you said you had a fully modded 2003 Cobra, something tells me that you don't really care about warranties anyway [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img] Congrats on the new truck
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com > 1999-2007 Ford Super Duties > Upgrades and Aftermarket - 6.0L Engine

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in